CPA (Club Players Association)

Started by ck, October 18, 2016, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 11, 2017, 10:01:25 AM
The voluntary organisation with all it's property paid off will struggle financially?

Of course it will. Croke Park will require massive capital reinvestment and possibly reconstruction in 20-odd years time. Parts of the stadium are now midway through their expected useful life of 40-odd years. The same will apply to stadiums around the country, some of which aren't even built yet (eg Casement) and others in a rickety state (eg Clones, Roscommon, Newbridge)  And the bills for coaching aren't going to get smaller as the years go on.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2017, 11:01:10 AM
I see GPA bashing is back in vogue this morning  ::)
And Rossfan moaning about anyone who dare breathe ill about his beloved GPA with it  ::)

Rossfan

I am not a member of or lover of or have any connection with or any interest in the GPA.
It's just that some here can't comment on any subject without bashing that organisation.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2017, 11:16:32 AM
I am not a member of or lover of or have any connection with or any interest in the GPA.
It's just that some here can't comment on any subject without bashing that organisation.
But you can never resist sneering whenever criiticism of it is expressed here.

And that top line is a lot like the Shinner supporters who love to deny/deflect from/attack the sources of any criticism of them yet brazenly claim they're not Shinners.

Rossfan

So it's all Sinn Féin's fault???????
I see the Cork Chairman is opposed to playing AI Final by August weekend - on promotional grounds.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
I see the Cork Chairman is opposed to playing AI Final by August weekend - on promotional grounds.
I'm not sure where you managed to draw that conclusion from. I merely noted that the denial was similar, but then it's others here who are pushing the GPA agenda rather than yourself.

Zulu

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 11, 2017, 12:02:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
I'm not sure where you managed to draw that conclusion from. I merely noted that the denial was similar, but then it's others here who are pushing the GPA agenda rather than yourself.

Who's pushing the GPA agenda and what is it so we can all recognise when it's being pushed?

magpie seanie

Is stating the facts now known as "bashing"? If it is then I'm guilty as charged.

It would be more in your line to argue with me how I'm wrong that resort to some mealy mouthed like the above. Trouble is, I'm right.

Zulu

The Trap

The Dubs on here are happy with how things are......they are winning Sams with their professional outfit, their players mostly (Connolly an honourable exception) don't give a f**k about club football, their clubs have players coming out of their ears and all is rosy in the garden.
They don't see what is going on in the rest of the country. Soon they will have very few teams to hammer on their way to total domination and there will be no fun in that!

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on January 10, 2017, 09:45:23 PM
Zulu,

Your point about the need for organizing is well made, however what exactly does the GPA stand for and who is it supposed to benefit, who really benefits from it, and lastly roughly what % of IC players truly benefit from it.

Loaded Q's maybe, but my antenna went up on this organization, a few years back when Mayo played NY in the Connacht Championship in NY. As far as I am aware, the GPA sent a retired Dublin player and a retired Kildare player out to NY as representatives. Now I don't begrudge them in one bit, as they sure put some serious time in on the field, but were there no retired players in the province of Connacht that could have been sent out. To me it smelt of eliteism. I hope I am wrong on this.

I totally understand where the CPA wants to go on this and I support them, and no to digress, but I hope it shows up the provincial councils for what they are when it comes to fixtures. Two months to play six games in some provinces, they could easily be played in half the time.
Throw in the tradition of The all-Ireland finals being played four weeks after a semi-final and it is a no brainer what needs to be done.

Can anybody have a stab at answering the above.
I went on their website today for the first time, and my first impression is that the PR person is doing one hell of a job.
Just out of curiosity, I clicked on USA link, mother of God, what a load of BS, promoting games in the US, yeah right, promoting fundraising. Great photo op in times square  ::)
Such a load of sh*it, Hurricane Sandy photo op in Breezey point, how long did they spend there helping to rebuild ??.

Zulu, I am sure deep down you are a genuine GAA person, but is it not difficult to skeptical of the whole lot of it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Zulu on January 11, 2017, 01:25:24 PM
What facts have you stated?

I know you can read so I won't copy and paste. Go on, deny that they're facts. Tell me they're opinions and try to tie me down in semantics rather than argue the case. Anyone who doesn't believe those assertions to be true is deluded or else just won't admit it.

Gizzy15

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2017, 09:00:50 AM
Right lads, you've been in the gym 3 times a week for 3 years. You spent January to March on the track and running up mountains. You've been off the drink since April. Today lads, today it's the 1st of July and all that hard work is about to pay off. Today we meet our old rivals the Cross-Community Lionesses in 9-a-side no contact football. It doesn't matter whether we win or lose. Lads, It's all about days like this. You will remember this day forever.

Would you pair ever wise to f**k up?

But that day can be September 1st, and through July and August everyone can fight for their place during the (9-a-side no contact football) as you put it. I see nothing wrong with it.  you sound like Rory's Stories ffs. Take a day off

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 11, 2017, 01:15:54 PM

Is stating the facts now known as "bashing"? If it is then I'm guilty as charged.

It would be more in your line to argue with me how I'm wrong that resort to some mealy mouthed like the above. Trouble is, I'm right.

List the "facts" please or get over yourself.

The Trap

So some people think touch GAA in the summer would sort the thing out????