Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

he was no soft touch in 96 flattened the meath men..

mrdeeds

His coaching reputation is very high and is that not what we want. Sure if he's a soft touch it means nothing. Not like he manager. Thank god no preliminary round. Straight shoot out for a spot in final.

rodney trotter

Yeah, as long as his coaching skills are of a high standard, that's what matters. He was part of the St Brigids set up under Kevin McStay and took over over as manager when McStay left following that All Ireland win.
They are going for 5 in a row next Sunday in Roscommon.

mylestheslasher

McHale managed a club close to where I live, didn't really deliver much in his time  there. They subsequently improved in the years after he was gone. Also, the reason McStay didn't get the Mayo just was a lot to do with unrest in the Mayo player camp about McHale, many Mayo players did not want him I am told.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rrhf on October 09, 2014, 10:04:39 PM
he was no soft touch in 96 flattened the meath men..

He flattened no one in that game, in fact he got the head bet of him and then he was sent off!

Westside

I heard different about McHale. I work with a Rossie who said we'd be doing very well to get him. Very highly thought of in Brigids where he was seen as being the brains behind McStay. 

rodney trotter

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 10, 2014, 01:42:57 PM
McHale managed a club close to where I live, didn't really deliver much in his time  there. They subsequently improved in the years after he was gone. Also, the reason McStay didn't get the Mayo just was a lot to do with unrest in the Mayo player camp about McHale, many Mayo players did not want him I am told.

They didn't want him becuse he made some comments in the local paper in Mayo about a few players after a game.. He writes a column in  local paper in the Mayo and  few players didn't like what they read,
thats not going to make  a difference in Cavan

He is currently managing Brigids so will be interesting to see how they get on in Connacht shoud they win Roscommon yet again

Itchy

Anyone know who from last years u21 team are still U21 for 2015? Is Enda Hessian u21 again. What about a 5 in a row.

beer baron

Enda turned 21 over the summer so he'll not be eligible anyway.

rodney trotter

CAVAN: J Farrelly; B Fortune, K Clarke, P Faulkner; G Smith, C Moynagh, C Brady; L Buchanan, M Argue; P Graham, E Flanagan, A Watson; D McVeety, T Hayes, J Dillion. Subs: A O'Hara for C Moynagh (23), K Bouchier for J Dillion (Black Card, 46), C Moynagh for B Fortune (49), C Byrne for E Flanagan (51), E Hessin for P Graham (55), G McGovern for L Buchanan (61).

Those players are eligible in 2015,  Conor Madden, Ryan Connolly,Greg McGovern,  among others should be in be around the team too

Westside

With Conor Madden, Tom Hayes, Ryan Connolly, Liam Galligan there seems to be some good options in the full forward line for next year. Hopefully some good leaders will emerge as we won't have Moynagh or Clarke for the first time in 3 years.

mrdeeds

rodney trotter

Reilly was unlucky not to be starting this year, great corner back, played well with the Juniors.

Itchy

So Gaels sneak the final thanks in no small way to a very harsh sending off for Faulkner of Kingscourt. Can't see them do anything in Ulster.

Seems McHale and David Downes into the back room staff and also Eoin Maguire for strength and conditioning. Anyone know anything about Eoin Maguire?

rodney trotter

Kevin Downes...

Maguire works with NADA , National Athlete Development Academy in Dublin. Plays club with st brigids in dublin

Mchale should be a good addition, downes has experience of being involved with London coaching and playing..