The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Cunny Funt

Losing or winning to a set piece is not great but i think France deserved the win on the night.

Boycey

Has Eamo said Pogba was shite yet? 

Shamrock Shore

Belgium were toothless.

France won't be stopped.

longballin

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 10, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Losing or winning to a set piece is not great but i think France deserved the win on the night.

Lineker tweeted there that 69 out of 158 goals in tournament have come from set pieces, roughly 45%. I'm not sure how that measures against say the Premier League

imtommygunn

Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2018, 08:51:22 PM
I'm not trying to tell you England are a good side.

I'm telling you that any side that can't beat either Denmark or Russia over 120 minutes really be cant described as classy or exceptional. Jon Walters would be guaranteed a start up front for Russia or Denmark ffs.

Yeah croatia have been very poor since the group stages. They have played two poor teams and have struggled. There is every chance England will beat Croatia. Neither are world beaters and neither are in the same league as france.

Belgium very disappointing. Debruyne played in the wrong position and lukaku struggles against top class defenses as his movement is nowhere near good enough.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2018, 08:59:12 PM
He was impressed by how hard he worked tonight. His raving was about not rating Roberto Martínez as a manager and said that Brazil should have beaten Belgium 6-2

yellowcard

I think France will be strong favourites in the final, they are very good defensively. Giroud is limited up front but everywhere else they are a good side without being spectacular.

England have been blessed with the draw they got and I think their match with Croatia tomorrow is a real 50/50 game. Hopefully Croatia will make it a final we can actually enjoy. Would love to see Croatia win the thing outright.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 10, 2018, 09:13:45 PM
He was impressed by how hard he worked tonight. His raving was about not rating Roberto Martínez as a manager and said that Brazil should have beaten Belgium 6-2
Very strange taking off Fellaini I thought.

Jayop

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 10, 2018, 09:35:09 PM

Was crazy when they only needed one goal. I'd have thought they'd go agricultural and throw Fellaini, Lukaku and maybe Kompany up top for the last 10 minutes and plough balls into them. Doesn't look the best but it's effective as f**k.

mrdeeds

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2018, 08:55:42 PM
Good riddance to Belgium.

Looks a certain Golden Boot for Harry Kane.

Unless Lukaku got hatrick Saturday.

longballin

Quote from: Jayop on July 10, 2018, 09:45:47 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 10, 2018, 09:35:09 PM

Was crazy when they only needed one goal. I'd have thought they'd go agricultural and throw Fellaini, Lukaku and maybe Kompany up top for the last 10 minutes and plough balls into them. Doesn't look the best but it's effective as f**k.

they did that for a right while but with the French defence was like throwing dubes-dubes to a bear.

Jayop

Simple maths though my good man. hey had only 2 big massive bastards and as Kerry proved in 2008 sometimes two just isn't enough.

bennydorano

France are a solid, dour enough outfit, the speed and skill of Mbapbe & Greizmann playing off two rows of parked buses (& whatever Giroud does🤡) is effective tho.

I think England will beat Croatia pretty comfortably tbh but they'll not be fit for France.