Is there a bigger p*ick than....

Started by pintsofguinness, September 13, 2010, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Absolutely. Fella does quite a bit of charity work helping disadvantaged kids.

stiffler

Gary neville for 1
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

Jamie's not so bad. Can't say he bothers me too much.
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2010, 10:25:19 PM
Jamie Oliver?

Enlighten us? Seriously, the world over? Is he the biggest p***k you know of?

Lazer

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

5 Sams

He's not the worst....but his tongue is too big for his mouth :-\
The Aristocrat Years

thejuice

I wouldn't call the guy a p***k but I just watched his program there on American School Food. Jamie seems to have an arrogant attitude of British, Irish and others in Europe that has grown recently towards Americans. It seemed he thought he could waltz into a small town and their jaws would drop when he bestows his fresh food from heaven.

But his arrogance came back to slap him in the face and he pulled out what might have been some crocodile tears and talking about his "works of magic" which you couldn't help but laugh at, to save face perhaps. I've met so many people both in Britain and from home and elsewhere who come up with the usual "Americans are stupid" line.

It's amazing that people here in the UK are terrified to generalize in the same manner about middle-eastern, or people from the Indian sub-continent, but would easily make a sweeping statement about a continent of diverse people that make up arguably the most advanced nation on the planet. I think this comes largely from the tabloid culture. They have column inches to fill and America is big enough to have some kind of suitable storey coming out of it regularly.

Jamie is no different in this regard than a lot of people I met. It was hilarious coming out with statements like, "oh you are a great country you put a man on the moon". America nor any other country needs your endorsement Jamie, you nor a lot of your fellow country men are exactly MENSA material either, so get back in the kitchen and cook something you whining little bitch.   :P
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thejuice on September 13, 2010, 11:29:38 PM
I wouldn't call the guy a p***k but I just watched his program there on American School Food. Jamie seems to have an arrogant attitude of British, Irish and others in Europe that has grown recently towards Americans. It seemed he thought he could waltz into a small town and their jaws would drop when he bestows his fresh food from heaven.

But his arrogance came back to slap him in the face and he pulled out what might have been some crocodile tears and talking about his "works of magic" which you couldn't help but laugh at, to save face perhaps. I've met so many people both in Britain and from home and elsewhere who come up with the usual "Americans are stupid" line.

It's amazing that people here in the UK are terrified to generalize in the same manner about middle-eastern, or people from the Indian sub-continent, but would easily make a sweeping statement about a continent of diverse people that make up arguably the most advanced nation on the planet. I think this comes largely from the tabloid culture. They have column inches to fill and America is big enough to have some kind of suitable storey coming out of it regularly.

Jamie is no different in this regard than a lot of people I met. It was hilarious coming out with statements like, "oh you are a great country you put a man on the moon". America nor any other country needs your endorsement Jamie, you nor a lot of your fellow country men are exactly MENSA material either, so get back in the kitchen and cook something you whining little bitch.   :P
He behaves like that to everyone though...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Arthur_Friend

Bit of a generalisation there of British, Irish and others in Europe.

ziggysego

Ireland you mean?
Testing Accessibility

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera