Fergal steps down from Roscommon Senior job

Started by commonman, October 05, 2011, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonman

Fergal O Donnell has stepped down tonight from the Roscommon senior job for family reasons. He'll be a huge loss to roscommon football and hopefully will be back another day.

seafoid

That's a pity. He always came across as really passionate about the Rossies and he  won that all Ireland with the minors.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mannix

ross4life

Thanks to Fergal for restoring pride to this great footballing county whatever he does now best of luck though it's a shame he couldn't stay for another year or two as he knows these young players better than most but i respect his decision.

If he becomes available i would like to see Noel O'Brien as the next Roscommon senior manager.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: commonman on October 05, 2011, 08:56:48 PM
Fergal O Donnell has stepped down tonight from the Roscommon senior job for family reasons. He'll be a huge loss to roscommon football and hopefully will be back another day.

Didn t see that coming. Hope everything is well with him and all belonging to him.

I guess this leaves the door open for the return of 'Tanman', aka 'Sir John' and 'Stylish John', to bring them to a new level.

Tommy ' Tom Carr' would relish a return as well I d say. All that experience.

Tubberman

Jesus, that's a surprise. Not a massive one though I suppose, seeing as he was reluctant to take the job in the first place due to young family etc
He did a great job, pity for Ros (and himself) he's not staying on to bring it on another level.
JOM has only Sligo and Ros left on his tour of Connacht. Less of a trip from Dublin to Ros for him as well... it all adds up! ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2011, 09:44:24 PM

Didn t see that coming. Hope everything is well with him and all belonging to him.

I guess this leaves the door open for the return of 'Tanman', aka 'Sir John' and 'Stylish John', to bring them to a new level.

His Mom died a few weeks ago but i don't think that was in his decision, he did his term (3 years) & his young family,work commitments were a more telling factor.

We have more chance of getting Jack O'Shea as Manager than those two gobshites.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on October 05, 2011, 09:54:04 PM

His Mom died a few weeks ago but i don't think that was in his decision, he did his term (3 years) & his young family,work commitments were a more telling factor.

Jack O'Shea did a worse job with Mayo than either of the Johns on their very worst days.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mannix

Doubt "stylish John" would be bothered, he had enough the last time. Sorry to hear about fergal s mother, it cannot be easy to balance evrything when all is going well never mind having your mother passing away. Condolences to him.

moysider

Result. That has to be the last fish of the season ;D

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2011, 10:11:58 PM

Well if your fishing...

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on October 05, 2011, 10:20:04 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2011, 10:11:58 PM

Well if your fishing...

Wow. I ll leave that one for Tanman. He s more used to shark infested waters.

muppet

I didn't know that. My sincere condolences to his family.

I have huge respect for that man having played against him, he did a fantastic job for his county. Rossies are harder than most on their managers but they can have no complaints about Fergal O'Donnell.
MWWSI 2017

Barney

Best of luck to Fergal - a gentleman, a great Roscommon football man, and a brilliant manager. I'm sure he will walk the sideline for Ros again in the future.

It is a huge disappointment to the Rossies I am sure. They face a crucial decision now - get it right and they can build on what Fergal has done, but get it wrong, or delay over it and 2012 could be a disappointing year.

rrhf

Can I be the first to link Micko with the job?