Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinfront

What about next week's round of club fixtures?

Aristo 60

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 11, 2019, 08:19:56 AM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 10, 2019, 01:04:58 PM
Yes - fortress Newry.

When was the last time we played Mayo? We beat them in Castlebar in the league 2011 I think it was but they stuffed us in Croke Park in 2012 maybe? Did they come to Newry in the league in 2012 also?

Pretty sure that 2011 match in Castlebar was a draw

Maybe - I remember leaving feeling like we'd won. They had Aidan O'Shea sent off. How many remain for Down from that day - Maginn and McKernan only I guess.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 10, 2019, 01:04:58 PM
Yes - fortress Newry.

When was the last time we played Mayo? We beat them in Castlebar in the league 2011 I think it was but they stuffed us in Croke Park in 2012 maybe? Did they come to Newry in the league in 2012 also?

In 2016? Ye were already relegated. Mayo won 1-19 to 1-16.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

razor

Quote from: outinfront on June 11, 2019, 09:54:00 AM
What about next week's round of club fixtures?

They definitely will be starred.

meatsy86

This weeks Club fixtures for clubs who have county panellists on Seniors or U20's have been pulled. The following weeks fixtures will be starred for all.

befair

Quote from: meatsy86 on June 11, 2019, 12:36:33 PM
This weeks Club fixtures for clubs who have county panellists on Seniors or U20's have been pulled. The following weeks fixtures will be starred for all.
You can be sure the club games next week will be canceled as well; this is why we lose out to soccer, where players are guaranteed regular games. It's only a 2nd round qualifier FFS

outinfront

Why is this week's pulled and next week starred? Because of the u20s this week?

gaaman2016

On starred fixtures, as there is an odd number of teams in the divisions, does a team that has a bye on a starred round not get an unfair advantage?

outinfront

Actually just noticed that u20s have their championship game the following week. What's the difference in this week and next week? Surely star both weeks or call off both weeks? Cannot understand the logic.

Down Follower

Games can be starred if they are within 6 days of a qualifier match. Obv teams have objected to this weeks matches but should be no issues for next week.

razor

Quote from: Down Follower on June 12, 2019, 11:10:39 AM
Games can be starred if they are within 6 days of a qualifier match. Obv teams have objected to this weeks matches but should be no issues for next week.

There is a county bye law which states that the county board are only allowed to star so many games in the season

No1

What's the craic with Diarmuid O'Sullivan along the line with the hurlers?  Is he part of the management team or just drafted in for important games?!

johnnycool

He's been up a few times for training sessions and the like on an Ad-hoc basis from what I can make out.

They've done well to date, but Meath are a step up and are rightly favourites.

No size but plenty of speed in the Down hurlers, especially in the forwards. Will be interesting to see how they get on in Croke Park.

thewobbler

Quote from: gaaman2016 on June 11, 2019, 02:41:37 PM
On starred fixtures, as there is an odd number of teams in the divisions, does a team that has a bye on a starred round not get an unfair advantage?

An omelette needs a few broken eggs. 10 team top flights next year will free up weekends and make less need for starred games.

I'd guess CCC knew in advance they'd have to pull this week's fixtures, and trying to star them was a hopeful punt. But as far as I know there's no limit to the games that can be starred, as long as the championship match is within a week of a league round.

Lecale Gael

well done to Down U20s today on their winning of the LEO MURPHY cup
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)