The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Quote from: general on July 15, 2019, 10:42:41 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 11, 2019, 03:44:45 PM
Feel shit reopening this thread reading Jim's story (hope it ended well) but Baby Farr is due in 7 weeks.

Biggest live changing event your ever gona have.. get ready to be in autopilot mode for the first 8-10 weeks.

I survive on 6 hours a night sleep - thought i was gona be fine. the first 8 weeks your gona be up every 3 hours - broken sleep is awful. even if you get 2 x 3 hours its not the same.

As someoene said before - get a night or 2 away before. Buy a Sterilizer.

#Top tip for making bottles. have a bottle with cool boiled water(i.e boil water - let it go cold and put it in a sealable bottle) - mix this with the boiling water - this so you dont have to stand witha  bottle under a tap to cool it or wait onit. babys are not patient lol!!

Dont hold back with changing etc - its go a be new to everyone.

Or invest in a perfect prep machine. Didn't have one for the first 2. Have an 11 week old at the minute, the machine's a great job!

Starting to get a bit more sleeping at night now thankfully

general

Quote from: take_yer_points on July 15, 2019, 04:59:07 PM
Feel shit reopening this thread reading Jim's story (hope it ended well) but Baby Farr is due in 7 weeks.

Biggest live changing event your ever gona have.. get ready to be in autopilot mode for the first 8-10 weeks.

I survive on 6 hours a night sleep - thought i was gona be fine. the first 8 weeks your gona be up every 3 hours - broken sleep is awful. even if you get 2 x 3 hours its not the same.

#Top tip for making bottles. have a bottle with cool boiled water(i.e boil water - let it go cold and put it in a sealable bottle) - mix this with the boiling water - this so you dont have to stand witha  bottle under a tap to cool it or wait onit. babys are not patient lol!!

Or invest in a perfect prep machine. Didn't have one for the first 2. Have an 11 week old at the minute, the machine's a great job!

I get what you are saying about a prep machine but you cant take the prep machine with you. Cant go wrong with a flask of boiling water and a container of cool boiled water.

Its plain sailing when they start sleeping through the night. test to any marriage before lol

Farrandeelin

Cheers for all the advice. I honestly haven't a clue what to do with babies. Never been around them much at all. The first two months sound frightening now that it's up here in front of me.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2019, 11:16:37 AM
Cheers for all the advice. I honestly haven't a clue what to do with babies. Never been around them much at all. The first two months sound frightening now that it's up here in front of me.

Tommee Tippee bottle maker. Lifesaver. Not the cheapest but dont rule out a second hand one but buy a new filter. Everything else just go with the flow and dont overthink things.

lurganblue

Quote from: general on July 16, 2019, 11:12:36 AM
Quote from: take_yer_points on July 15, 2019, 04:59:07 PM

I get what you are saying about a prep machine but you cant take the prep machine with you. Cant go wrong with a flask of boiling water and a container of cool boiled water.

Its plain sailing when they start sleeping through the night. test to any marriage before lol

Yeah i would have used the flasks for night feeds and on the go.  Used to have a wee tub that was divided into 3 sections.  You could pre scoop your powder into each section to take with you on the go. Handy.

galwayman

I'd echo the other suggestions to get one of those Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machines.
Didn't get one for our first child but the second is 3 months old now and it really does make a huge difference in the first few months especially.
Having a child is deffo a gamechanger. Gave up playing ball at any serious level when our first was born (I was 38 so probably time to hang up the boots anyway :-)).
Weekend lie-ins are a thing of the past. Booze-ups pretty much don't happen anymore either.
And simple things like going out for an evening dinner with the missus or a last minute night away somewhere rarely happen as they have to be planned with military precision.
Saying all of that though - the positives far outweigh the negatives!!
Best of luck.

johnnycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 16, 2019, 11:18:56 AM

Tommee Tippee bottle maker. Lifesaver. Not the cheapest but dont rule out a second hand one but buy a new filter. Everything else just go with the flow and dont overthink things.

And take it apart to clean the internal pipes.

Great job altogether.

imtommygunn

The tommee tippee machines were about 60 on amazon a few weeks ago. Not sure what they are now but I would also swear ny them and mam bottles.

laoislad

You'll be grand. Having only 1 to look after is easy enough, it's when the 2nd and 3rd come along the shit really hits the fan...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

It's not easy but manageable. I was the same as you farrandevlin until about 4 weeks ago. You will be grand. It is challenging but you will be grand.

Don Johnson

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2019, 11:45:59 AM
The tommee tippee machines were about 60 on amazon a few weeks ago. Not sure what they are now but I would also swear ny them and mam bottles.

Of all the shite we had at the start, and we bought all these gadgets and things we didn't need, the Perfect Prep machine was by far the best thing we had. Would recommend to anyone.

galwayman

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2019, 11:58:51 AM
You'll be grand. Having only 1 to look after is easy enough, it's when the 2nd and 3rd come along the shit really hits the fan...
Agreed. It was only when our second came along that I realised I had more time than I thought when we had just the one.
I can't imagine what it's like when you have more than 2 smallies.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 16, 2019, 12:16:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2019, 11:45:59 AM

Of all the shite we had at the start, and we bought all these gadgets and things we didn't need, the Perfect Prep machine was by far the best thing we had. Would recommend to anyone.

Yeah buy minimal within reason. We were supposed to borrow it then went early so bought it but it was worth it.

Tony Baloney

My tip is to get the missus to feed the wain and you sleep in the spare room.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 16, 2019, 01:56:34 PM
My tip is to get the missus to feed the wain and you sleep in the spare room.
;D if only.