The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 23, 2016, 11:21:26 AM
New daddy checking in here. Wee one was five weeks old there yesterday. The sleepless nights are hard getting used to but tbf she does the bulk of it if I am working the next day which is fair I think!

Where would be good to go on Easter Sunday for a drive or something with the child?

Nowhere!! In my experience of having an 8 month old in the house so far are those first few weeks and months your constantly looking at the clock checking for the next bottle. We aren't so bad now with the spoon feeds and a bit more spacing between the bottles. But definitely in those first few weeks it was a case of getting the bottle down her and before you knew it it was time for another bottle. We did take her out but just be well prepared and stocked up!!

Yeah thats the way we worked it with my woman doing most of the night feeds during the week and then I would do my bit over the weekends. Those first few months are testing but we are lucky (?) in that the child is now sleeping all through the night and has been for 5 months.

Don Johnson

I know what you mean, you are constantly waiting for the next squealing match for a bottle! Our wee one sometimes wakes up half an hour after draining a bottle biting the hand off herself as if she is hungry again, and she couldn't be so quickly after taking 5 or 6 ounces.

It's mental though just any time you want to leave the house, the preparation now that goes into getting her ready, making sure she is fed, everything in the car, nappy bag stocked, bottles ready just in case.

pullhard

Quote from: Don Johnson on March 23, 2016, 11:21:26 AM
New daddy checking in here. Wee one was five weeks old there yesterday. The sleepless nights are hard getting used to but tbf she does the bulk of it if I am working the next day which is fair I think!

Where would be good to go on Easter Sunday for a drive or something with the child?

We started self soothing around 5/6 weeks, just shhhh-ing the wee one when she awoke at night instead of lifting her, after a few weeks she got the hang off it and generally has been sleeping though ever since. amazing!

The nipper has been teething for a months but nothing has broken through yet, she crews on anything! Any time during this she gets are really sore butt. why?

guy crouchback

in many ways that age is the easiest to bring them out and about, they just sit there sleeping, and a bottle will usually shut them up, don't go too far from home just in case, driving puts most of them to sleep so bottle at home into the car for a spin then head to a pub or restaurant for a meal for yourselves and if needs be a bottle for the baby then if the wheels haven't come off by then a bit of walk.

giveherlong

Any recommendations for brand/type of baby monitor?

No wides

Quote from: giveherlong on June 29, 2016, 10:01:05 AM

What ever you get keep on lowest setting, babies make a tonne of noise through the night.

screenexile

Quote from: No wides on June 29, 2016, 10:51:50 AM

What ever you get keep on lowest setting, babies make a tonne of noise through the night.

Yeah don't be getting up unless they start crying otherwise you'd be up all night!

front of the mountain

Do a bit of research on the radiation they give off before purchasing....

guy crouchback

angel care ones are good but pricey, i bought a cheap one in tesco as well for when we were in the in laws to be honest its shite it does the job but its like a cb radio.

the angel care ones come with  sensor mat but unless you have a particular reason to use it i wouldn't bother with it as thy tend to go off occasionally and frighten the life out of you.

laoislad

Bought a Philips one. Don't use anymore but worked without a bother for 4 years. Think it was €110
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

Lads - wee one is just over 7weeks today. Work was going well as I was able to work a few days from home which meant I could help sort the 2 older boys out till the OH got herself and little one sorted. Got word this week that the working from home has been stopped in my area  >:( but now looking into other options so I can be at home a bit more.
Option 1 - go part-time i.e. 3-4 days a week.
Option 2 - shared paternity leave. Now the OH is a childminder and hasn't taken any maternity (took 4 weeks holidays and then back at it, thankfully the baby is great for us), but do any of you have any experience of this? Would I be able to use this option to take 1-2 days leave/week or do you have to use it weekly blocks?
I'm going to chat with HR today but thought I'd ask here as well.

johnneycool

Quote from: front of the mountain on June 29, 2016, 10:56:36 AM

To be sold in the EU, it must have a CE certification and as its a RF transmitter needs to also have R&TTE Certification, also to EU specification.

Unless you're buying from Ali express, then you should be fine.

No wides

Back in the day you had to do it in blocks - not sure what the current legislation is, though I would be more inclined to find out from HR why working from home has been stopped!

doodaa

Quote from: johnneycool on June 30, 2016, 09:08:31 AM
Quote from: front of the mountain on June 29, 2016, 10:56:36 AM

To be sold in the EU, it must have a CE certification and as its a RF transmitter needs to also have R&TTE Certification, also to EU specification.

Unless you're buying from Ali express, then you should be fine.

Not sure if this is common knowledge but there are two CE marks;

The legitimate CE stamp for quality and
CE China Export (not a quality marking, just a sneaky way of fooling the man on the street)

There is a slight difference in the spacings of the C & E that is the giveaway.

https://qualityinspection.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CE_mark.png

BenDover

Quote from: No wides on June 30, 2016, 09:08:46 AM
Back in the day you had to do it in blocks - not sure what the current legislation is, though I would be more inclined to find out from HR why working from home has been stopped!
Same old story few boys taking the piss out of it, kills it for the rest of us.