The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakleafCounty

Quote from: pullhard on August 14, 2015, 10:14:13 AM
Now approaching the due date. The other half is keen to get things moving.
Shes drinking that minging raspberry leaf tea and eating pineapple like crazy, without much movement.
Does curry and getting the leg over work?
Any other suggestions for getting things to progress?

I remember my girlfriend doing all that. We were eating vindaloos for a week. Didn't work. Only thing we didn't try was the riding. And when we got into hospital for her to get started the nurse said we should have had a quickey before coming in.

gawa316

Ride the life out of her, you won't be getting much for a while!

Hereiam

Hot spicy chicken wings from the Chinese done the trick for us foe the second child and take gawa's advice.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: gawa316 on August 14, 2015, 04:38:38 PM
Ride the life out of her, you won't be getting much for a while!

Best advice I've seen on here for a long time.

omaghjoe

Quote from: OakleafCounty on August 14, 2015, 02:14:54 PM
Quote from: pullhard on August 14, 2015, 10:14:13 AM
Now approaching the due date. The other half is keen to get things moving.
Shes drinking that minging raspberry leaf tea and eating pineapple like crazy, without much movement.
Does curry and getting the leg over work?
Any other suggestions for getting things to progress?

I remember my girlfriend doing all that. We were eating vindaloos for a week. Didn't work. Only thing we didn't try was the riding. And when we got into hospital for her to get started the nurse said we should have had a quickey before coming in.

Yeah it can work but actually nothing helps like a good walk around. I should point out tho the baby will come when its ready, they can't be 100% sure about due dates, and every mum, baby and uterus is different.

My advice is to stay away from being induced because its slippery slope to a section, and a tough(er) few weeks for Mum, which she could do without.

Under Lights

I want to have some sort of fencing to block off the back of my house so that I can let the kids outside and not be worried about them going around the front of the house. The problem is that we have a lawn and a drive that will both need blocked off- so there will be a step up from the drive to the lawn via a kerb.

Any ideas?

AZOffaly

Sounds silly I know, but watch for gaps underneath the fence! My brother in law did a great job. His house is out in the country and he has a fence already at the back of the garden, backing into a field of cows. So he put in a lovely wood fence and gate that enclosed the rest of the back garden for the kids. Only problem is one of his twins (aged 18 months) has figured out he can squeeze out under the gate, so now he has to do something like chickenwire or something on the bottom until they are a bit bigger.

Rudi

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2015, 11:10:10 AM
I want to have some sort of fencing to block off the back of my house so that I can let the kids outside and not be worried about them going around the front of the house. The problem is that we have a lawn and a drive that will both need blocked off- so there will be a step up from the drive to the lawn via a kerb.

Any ideas?

Put a wooden 5in by 5in post the lawn side of the kerbing. Attach a wooden gate to this post, which will go half way across the drive-way. Use express nails to attach a 3 inch post to the house, hang another gate from this post. Nail 1/2 inch thick wooden slats to the gates (so the wee f@ckers can't climb them)  The drive-way is now locked. Fence off the garden with posts, collars and slats.

You will need concrete to set the posts. Thats what I done, right bit of work.

Under Lights

Was sort of hoping for links to temporary fencing. You know like them crash barriers or whatever. Seem hard to get.

Hereiam

Guys thinkin of taking the family to Dublin zoo on Sunday for our 6 yr olds birthday. Problem is its the hurling final is on. Would it be better to stay out off Dublin. Will be headin down the M1 and would be hittin dublin about 3pm. Would the Zoo be far enough out so that it wouldnt be affected to badly with traffic.

gallsman

Quote from: Hereiam on September 03, 2015, 09:58:03 PM
Guys thinkin of taking the family to Dublin zoo on Sunday for our 6 yr olds birthday. Problem is its the hurling final is on. Would it be better to stay out off Dublin. Will be headin down the M1 and would be hittin dublin about 3pm. Would the Zoo be far enough out so that it wouldnt be affected to badly with traffic.

Go round the M50 and come in from Castleknock/Blanch direction and you'll be fine. Going through Drumcondra would be a mess.

gawa316

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2015, 05:11:16 PM
Was sort of hoping for links to temporary fencing. You know like them crash barriers or whatever. Seem hard to get.

Are you thinking like a pool fence sort of thing like this...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on September 03, 2015, 10:46:54 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2015, 05:11:16 PM

Are you thinking like a pool fence sort of thing like this...

You've done alright for yourself  ;)

omaghjoe

Total necessity where gawa lives.

Surprised at the no. of trees tho gawa, looks positively lush in comparison to the central valley I know.

gawa316

Ha ha it's not mine, although I do have one. As you say a necessity here (pool & fence), especially with young kids. I have a couple of palm trees out the back. Cut down the deciduous as they were a bitch when it comes to cleaning the pool.