The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I thought this shit died with the Celtic Tiger. Up to last year we had parties in the house and this year (tomorrow in fact) my eldest will be going to the cinema with 7 pals and then for some food afterwards.

Over the Bar

"Hired a circus" hardly means he has a 2 ring big top with strong man, elephants and a high wire!  A circus school which sends over a couple of clowns who do magic, juggling and a few kids games can be hired for £100.

Under Lights

'Children mauled by lion at circus party'

Hereiam

Well our youngest cub who is 2.5 yrs old has decided to start and put the contents of his nappie onto his bedroom walls quilt, teddies etc. Its not easy stuff to shift off the walls let me tell u. The room will need painted after this. Anyone else gone through this.

laoislad

Next time he does it rub his face against the part of the wall he has wiped the nappie on.
He won't be long stopping then.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: Hereiam on July 15, 2015, 09:47:18 PM
Well our youngest cub who is 2.5 yrs old has decided to start and put the contents of his nappie onto his bedroom walls quilt, teddies etc. Its not easy stuff to shift off the walls let me tell u. The room will need painted after this. Anyone else gone through this.

You think he's ready to be potty trained? Give him the old big boy routine and plenty of praise (treats) when he does it

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: laoislad on July 15, 2015, 10:11:31 PM
Next time he does it rub his face against the part of the wall he has wiped the nappie on.
He won't be long stopping then.

Did you mean this for the 'Pet Problems' thread?

laceer

Quote from: Hereiam on July 15, 2015, 09:47:18 PM

Have a 4 week old who can't seem to keep it in the nappy this past few days either. Up the back, down the legs, vests and baby grows destroyed, bedclothes wrecked. Me and his Ma are almost cheering every time it happens though - completely besotted with the wee man. Amazing how something so small changes your life completely. Have enjoyed reading through this thread in the odd 5mins I get spare these days!

Under Lights

I have added to the brood with a second girl. Five weeks old now. Completely different than first experience. Was a planned section this time. Although we were told to be in for 7am we weren't taken until 3pm.
The second LO has a silent reflux so in first three and a half weeks she was hard to settle. Easier now as she is getting a dissolved tablet (can't for the life of me spell when it is) in the mornings, plus we have learnt a bit of how to handle her to help settle.
The oldest (2 and a half) has taken to the LO well. I thought she might be a bit jealous. She can be a bit rough though. She came out in a dose of chicken pox the other day so that has to be managed too. Its a busy household. Visitors are a scourge. I turn 30 in February. I'm a very old 29.

laceer

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 09:50:41 AM
I have added to the brood with a second girl. Five weeks old now. Completely different than first experience. Was a planned section this time. Although we were told to be in for 7am we weren't taken until 3pm.
The second LO has a silent reflux so in first three and a half weeks she was hard to settle. Easier now as she is getting a dissolved tablet (can't for the life of me spell when it is) in the mornings, plus we have learnt a bit of how to handle her to help settle.
The oldest (2 and a half) has taken to the LO well. I thought she might be a bit jealous. She can be a bit rough though. She came out in a dose of chicken pox the other day so that has to be managed too. Its a busy household. Visitors are a scourge. I turn 30 in February. I'm a very old 29.

This * 1,000,000

laoislad

Quote from: Under Lights on July 16, 2015, 09:50:41 AM
Having one is like owning a dog. Having two is like running a Zoo.
Enjoy.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Under Lights

Whenever I turn 30 I will start reading Stephen King. Have been holding off until then. What is life without whimsy.

Two is much tougher. Still trying to get out the door to training two evenings a week and a match on Sunday. Tough going. Lucky I'm from Tyrone so matches are few and far between.

pullhard

Our first is due fairly soon.
Debating over some of the stuff we should get.
We keep coming back on whether we need a nappy bin http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Sangenic-Nappy-Disposal/dp/B002VKQD5S
any views?

deiseach

Quote from: pullhard on July 16, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
Our first is due fairly soon.
Debating over some of the stuff we should get.
We keep coming back on whether we need a nappy bin http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Sangenic-Nappy-Disposal/dp/B002VKQD5S
any views?

No. Tesco Value nappy bags work just fine.