The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2014, 08:57:15 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 03, 2014, 08:42:48 PM
Our wee woman a very independent girl. She's 20 months but is very much 'me do it' on feeding, putting on shoes etc whenever she is poorly like this she's very needy though- as most of us are when we aren't at ourselves *soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur* she screeches when you leave the room- teething time was the same- hoping we get a spell of sleep tonight. I find after little to no sleep I'm snacking loads of sugary stuff- obviously for energy to keep me going. The pounds are going on. Wintered.

Does she have an older sibling that she is imitating?

No she's an only child. She's fine going to bed whenever she is not sickly poorly. Broken again last night but periods of sleep in awkward positions for me.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Hereiam on November 03, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
Underlights i hear u. I am the exact same. I have a sweet tooth anyway but this child rearing thing has me at the heaviest i have ever been. Started back to the gym this evenin to try and get it off to hell

My God some men will even use their children as an excuse for putting on the pounds! Maybe in the first few months of your first child when it's a shock to the system but after that children should be more of a motivation for excercise than anything.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2014, 07:57:54 AM
Our wee woman a very independent girl. She's 20 months but is very much 'me do it' on feeding, putting on shoes etc whenever she is poorly like this she's very needy though- as most of us are when we aren't at ourselves *soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur* she screeches when you leave the room- teething time was the same- hoping we get a spell of sleep tonight. I find after little to no sleep I'm snacking loads of sugary stuff- obviously for energy to keep me going. The pounds are going on. Wintered.

No she's an only child. She's fine going to bed whenever she is not sickly poorly. Broken again last night but periods of sleep in awkward positions for me.

Avoid all that by going to the spare room. Worked well for me.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 04, 2014, 09:35:41 AM

I'm due to join the club in December. Mentioned to the wife that seeing as I'm working and she won't be that the spare room could be an option some nights. . . That was a month ago and she's just started speaking to me again!

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 04, 2014, 09:35:41 AM

Do you parents not put your kids into their own room when they're like 9months - 1 year old? My two got their own rooms at that age and they tried it on a few nights crying looking into our bed but they quickly learned that after a wind and nappy check they're staying where they are it stopped and we got our nights sleep...I know its v easy to give in during the night and let them into your bed but 2 or 3 nights of perseverance and it's sorted...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Under Lights

No she is in her own room since she was 9 months. As mentioned in previous post-she is sick at the minute and will only settle with me in with her. Not something I like doing but once she is over this it'll be back to normal.

muppet

Unless something major is going on, they sleep in their own beds. They tried, as they all will, but they understand now. I know couples that end up with 3 kids in the bed with them most nights. Lunacy.
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Parenting is like management or teaching, if you lose control you're fucked.

No.1 was awkward from day 1 but was exactly what we needed as she forced us to find out what we should be doing. Did the controlled crying coupled with the 5 stage holding technique to get her into the habit of getting herself to sleep. Had more trouble from the wife who didn't want to/couldn't let her cry than from the child. Everyone got there though. In to the selective eating phase now, usually offer her a choice of what she wants to eat, i.e. porridge or Ready Brek, which gives her the illusion of making the decision. Every day is a school day though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2014, 04:19:29 PM
Unless something major is going on, they sleep in their own beds. They tried, as they all will, but they understand now. I know couples that end up with 3 kids in the bed with them most nights. Lunacy.

We had both our lads in the bed just couldnt hack it (one had an allergy issue which we didn't know about) my boss had his first two and his wife bought this book, all about walking them up at different times and feeding them etc etc, everything was by the book, he swore by it, kind of suggested we should be doing it his way, last week he came in fucked looking, whats wrong i said, three kids in the bed last night no sleep, I laughed and said my two haven't been in the bed for about three years now, shove your book.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

TabClear

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 04, 2014, 05:10:49 PM

No.1 was awkward from day 1 but was exactly what we needed as she forced us to find out what we should be doing. Did the controlled crying coupled with the 5 stage holding technique to get her into the habit of getting herself to sleep. Had more trouble from the wife who didn't want to/couldn't let her cry than from the child. Everyone got there though. In to the selective eating phase now, usually offer her a choice of what she wants to eat, i.e. porridge or Ready Brek, which gives her the illusion of making the decision. Every day is a school day though.

I have two under 4 and this is the one constant since sprog number 1 appeared. Everything that the kids have done from crying,sleeping, teething,feeding etc, the most hassle has been dealing with the missus when things are not going well. My youngest had really bad reflux and that was a couple of tough months early on.

And whoever invented Calpol deserves a Nobel prize!

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on November 04, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

I have two under 4 and this is the one constant since sprog number 1 appeared. Everything that the kids have done from crying,sleeping, teething,feeding etc, the most hassle has been dealing with the missus when things are not going well. My youngest had really bad reflux and that was a couple of tough months early on.

That and Calgel for when they are teething. Which you can't actually buy down here so I stock up on it anytime I'm working up North.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on November 04, 2014, 06:56:41 PM

That and Calgel for when they are teething. Which you can't actually buy down here so I stock up on it anytime I'm working up North.
I'll ship anything you need for a significant markup.

gawa316

This 1,000,000%

deiseach

Try to be a little more understanding of your child's mother when the baby is shrieking the house down. When my boy is crying, I view him as a loud infuriating noise. To my wife, it's like being punched repeatedly in the stomach.

Ulick

We had another little girl last weekend. That's 5 under 5 now, wee buns lads...  :D