The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Code

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2014, 09:43:41 AM
The wife tried it but it just wasn't working out as the child was losing too much weight  Expressing at the minute and topping up with formula and she's now thriving.

With the breast feeding we were never sure what she was getting so at least this way we can keep an eye on exactly what her intact is.  It also helps with bonding for me

That would be my concern too. We bottle fed both of ours, and so far they are thriving thank God. Also, it's nice for Daddy to feed as well. Something nice when they are staring up the bottle at you as you feed them.

They get what they need, breast is best.

Zip Code

As for it is nice for Daddy to feed as well, dear God!  It is better for baby to get what is best than making a role for daddy!

AZOffaly

Of course it is more important that baby gets what's best, I just said it's nice for Daddy to feed too. And there are millions of babies all over the world who have been bottle reared and are 100%. Don't be so thick about it.

Zip Code

For those whose babies didn't breast feed, did the mother try it, if she was having issues did she get support or guidance - all very easy to stick the bottle in the mouth, breast feeding not only is best for baby but also establishes a huge bond with the child, sure anyone can give them a bottle.

Granted breast feeding is hard for the mother, and maybe some can't hack it, but it is definitely worth giving it her best shot.

Hereiam

The reason the governments were pushing the breast feeding was more about freeing up the powdered milk to sell to China and other parts of the world.
They are doing the same now with the beef consumption. If they can lower the amount we eat then they don't have to import as much. Its all economics at the end of the day and people need to realise the government don't give a toot about or health only about how much it costs.

Zip Code

Quote from: Hereiam on September 03, 2014, 10:49:40 AM
The reason the governments were pushing the breast feeding was more about freeing up the powdered milk to sell to China and other parts of the world.
They are doing the same now with the beef consumption. If they can lower the amount we eat then they don't have to import as much. Its all economics at the end of the day and people need to realise the government don't give a toot about or health only about how much it costs.

What a load of balls!!

laoislad

Quote from: Zip Code on September 03, 2014, 10:45:36 AM

Granted breast feeding is hard for the mother, and maybe some can't hack it, but it is definitely worth giving it her best shot.
What are you suggesting? If a mother doesn't breast feed its because she can't hack it??
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Zip Code on September 03, 2014, 10:41:45 AM
As for it is nice for Daddy to feed as well, dear God!  It is better for baby to get what is best than making a role for daddy!

We had to take the child back into hospital after 3 days because of the weight she lost.  She was constantly on the breast but was always hungry.  It was a worrying experience having to take the child back in and at least now we can keep a check on her food consumption. 

You'd probably be safer getting over yourself.

Zip Code

Quote from: laoislad on September 03, 2014, 10:57:10 AM
Quote from: Zip Code on September 03, 2014, 10:45:36 AM

What are you suggesting? If a mother doesn't breast feed its because she can't hack it??

Not always but in a lot of cases, sometime there are medical reasons among others, but I am seeing a rattle about to hit the pavement, because obviously that statement is intended for you!!  Breast feeding is hard and fair play to mothers who stick with it.

Zip Code

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2014, 11:10:46 AM

We had to take the child back into hospital after 3 days because of the weight she lost.  She was constantly on the breast but was always hungry.  It was a worrying experience having to take the child back in and at least now we can keep a check on her food consumption. 

Yeah because I was referring to you my youngest was in hospital for a week with weight lost, my wife fought her corner and stayed on the breast which turned out to be the best for our child - you be as well copping yourself on - what is this thread I am the only one with a child!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zip Code on September 03, 2014, 11:21:18 AM

Yeah because I was referring to you my youngest was in hospital for a week with weight lost, my wife fought her corner and stayed on the breast which turned out to be the best for our child - you be as well copping yourself on - what is this thread I am the only one with a child!

There you go. That's the phrase right there. As long as everyone is doing their best for their own kids, that's the main thing. I'm sure we all are. Surely this is one thread we don't have to fall out it?? We're all on the same team here!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
Quote from: Zip Code on September 03, 2014, 11:21:18 AM

There you go. That's the phrase right there. As long as everyone is doing their best for their own kids, that's the main thing. I'm sure we all are. Surely this is one thread we don't have to fall out it?? We're all on the same team here!

I'm happy with how things are going with us.  Expressing and Formula means she's getting milk from the breast and whatever formula extra needed to make sure she's getting enough sustenance. 

Ulick

Same thing happened us. Wee man wasn't getting enough and was constantly hungry, bawling 24 hours a day, no sleep, weight loss. Went on for months and herself was near having a mental breakdown because we couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong.

laoislad

Quote from: Ulick on September 03, 2014, 11:51:26 AM

Same thing happened us. Wee man wasn't getting enough and was constantly hungry, bawling 24 hours a day, no sleep, weight loss. Went on for months and herself was near having a mental breakdown because we couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong.
She should have stuck at it though..because you know it is what God intended after all.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Zip Code

Quote from: laoislad on September 03, 2014, 11:55:15 AM
Quote from: Ulick on September 03, 2014, 11:51:26 AM

She should have stuck at it though..because you know it is what God intended after all.

The noise of that rattle hitting the pavement is deafening!! Fair play to your wife and yourself Ulick for giving it ago, as I said breast feeding is very hard especially on the mother.