TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

When They See Us - 9/10. Excellent, hard hitting.
Animal Kingdom - 8/10. New season on the go, good show
Mum - 7.5/10. Decent show, though a couple of characters fairly annoying

gallsman

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 12, 2019, 03:13:48 PM
Riviera....4/10....women will love for the fashion alone😩
Fauda....7/10.....enjoyed it despite the terrible dubbing
Black Crows.....what can I say.....so bad I had to watch it all.....29 episodes 😭
Just started Sleeper Cell.....seems quite good.

Watched it in the original with subtitles. Far better experience. Dubs are for mugs.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: gallsman on June 12, 2019, 05:29:00 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 12, 2019, 03:13:48 PM
Riviera....4/10....women will love for the fashion alone😩
Fauda....7/10.....enjoyed it despite the terrible dubbing
Black Crows.....what can I say.....so bad I had to watch it all.....29 episodes 😭
Just started Sleeper Cell.....seems quite good.

Watched it in the original with subtitles. Far better experience. Dubs are for mugs.

Might have been subtitles 😂....enjoyed it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: bennydorano on May 25, 2019, 07:24:31 PM
It's been widely praised for it's approach and not adopting corny Russian accents funnily enough. I think it works well here, have seen it being awful elsewhere tho, most notably in Alexander (The Great) that was just awful.

What a godawful film that was. Constant hopping around between three timelines, terrible casting of Angelina Joile and Colin Farrell who were supposed to be mother and son, confusing editing of battle scenes where you can't see what's going on, and Macedonians with Irish accents.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: TheOptimist on May 01, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 23, 2019, 10:41:37 AM
Just watched Line of Duty class episode!!!

Can't believe there isn't more talk on this. Line of Duty and Peaky Blinders have been my two favourite shows over the past 4 or 5 years.

The plotlines are brilliant, clever and layered and acting is great. Can't wait to the 90 minute finale on Sunday.

Just finished the first series of Line of Duty, only ok.
Some of it was cringely over dramatic and unbelievable
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Don Johnson

There's a good accompanying podcast to Chernobyl where the show runner Craig Mazin explains a lot of stuff he added/removed from the show, including his decision not to have the actors put on accents. Basically he didn't want to distract from their performances and the story with a hammy Ruskie accent, fair enough decision in the end given how the show turned out.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 12, 2019, 08:45:02 PM
There's a good accompanying podcast to Chernobyl where the show runner Craig Mazin explains a lot of stuff he added/removed from the show, including his decision not to have the actors put on accents. Basically he didn't want to distract from their performances and the story with a hammy Ruskie accent, fair enough decision in the end given how the show turned out.
Ah cheers Don. I follow him on Twitter and he did a fairly long thread about this stuff but obviously handier to navigate via podcast.

Nanderson

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 12, 2019, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 05, 2019, 09:55:48 PM
three episodes in and Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime pretty decent viewing
Finished the first series last night ,  I really enjoyed it ,
I second this. Can't wait for the second series to be released. Plenty of twists to keep the viewer engaged

bennydorano

What we do in the Shadows - The TV series.

I watched the movie a year or so ago and didn't like it at all but the Series has been really really funny. On BBC2 / i player.

BennyCake

Quote from: lurganblue on June 06, 2019, 03:49:34 PM
Do they not like Abba?

;D

They keep the toasters in the cupboard.

ONeill

Quote from: bennydorano on June 15, 2019, 11:49:11 AM

I watched the movie a year or so ago and didn't like it at all but the Series has been really really funny. On BBC2 / i player.

Took a while to warm up.  Episodes 6 and 7 very funny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on June 16, 2019, 11:02:58 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 15, 2019, 11:49:11 AM

Took a while to warm up.  Episodes 6 and 7 very funny.

FFS! Watched the first 4 and was happy enough it wasn't worth persevering with now I'm gonna have to finish it!

Insane Bolt

Finished Sleeper Cell....final two episodes a bit watery, but overall not bad.

Minder

Gomorrah season 4 now available to download on Sky
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bennydorano

Black Monday on Sky Atlantic is good. Well street comedy with a Blaxplotation vibe, Don Cheadle stars.