Who is the most bitter after Dubs do 5 in a row

Started by dublin7, September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

As opposed to the Inter County  SFC dying over a a few years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

Quote from: dublin7 on September 23, 2019, 05:51:05 PM
Facts are irrelevant to most on here. If everthing came down to population and money China would be world no 1 in all sports.

It seems being better is now a crime,sin, unfair advantage to everyone else.

Its ironic that Mayo/Galway fans bitch about Dublin making it impossible to win. London, Sligo and Leitrim in Connacht alone are severely disadvantaged compared to them, but as both as bith counties van beat them they don't care what happens.

Imagine if all supporters in all sports were like muppets here who decided not to go to games because they think their team won't win. Competitive sport would be finished overnight

You start a thread clearly to stir up the likes of Galway and Mayo fans and then you whinge about them bitching? Heres the thing - don't start sad threads like this if you don't want them bitching.

I followed my county for years and years not thinking they would win. I was more hoping they would win. We don't even have that hope now. I don't even go anymore and that's from someone who travelled to the majority of games. I refuse pay for what is going on .

And it's not Dublin GAA I'm pissed with. I'm pissed with the organisation for losing that hope we had every year. I'm pissed off with the organisation for destroying the sport (especially in Leinster). Maybe if you stood back for  minute and imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and see how you would feel then. But I'm sure you don't give a fiddlers about any other county. Once you get your millions and keep winning then all is well.

MayoBuck

Its ironic that Mayo/Galway fans bitch about Dublin making it impossible to win. London, Sligo and Leitrim in Connacht alone are severely disadvantaged compared to them, but as both as bith counties van beat them they don't care what happens.

What disadvantages do they have apart from population? Sligo and Roscommon received more development funding than Mayo over the last 11 years. Leitrim aren't very far behind either despite being a much smaller county. There's generally a home/away arrangement for games in Connacht. The exception being London who start off with a home game every year.

highorlow

QuoteCompetitive sport would be finished overnight

Mens and Ladies "amateur" inter county football is no longer competitive.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Quote from: highorlow on September 24, 2019, 09:59:44 AM
QuoteCompetitive sport would be finished overnight

Mens and Ladies "amateur" inter county football is no longer competitive.
It's a procession
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: mup on September 23, 2019, 07:20:59 PM
Facts are irrelevant to most on here. If everthing came down to population and money China would be world no 1 in all sports.

Imagine if all supporters in all sports were like muppets here who decided not to go to games because they think their team won't win. Competitive sport would be finished overnight

You start a thread clearly to stir up the likes of Galway and Mayo fans and then you whinge about them bitching? Heres the thing - don't start sad threads like this if you don't want them bitching.

I followed my county for years and years not thinking they would win. I was more hoping they would win. We don't even have that hope now. I don't even go anymore and that's from someone who travelled to the majority of games. I refuse pay for what is going on .

And it's not Dublin GAA I'm pissed with. I'm pissed with the organisation for losing that hope we had every year. I'm pissed off with the organisation for destroying the sport (especially in Leinster). Maybe if you stood back for  minute and imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and see how you would feel then. But I'm sure you don't give a fiddlers about any other county. Once you get your millions and keep winning then all is well.

My point is teams like Sligo, London, Leitrim, Limerick enter the provincal championships every year with no chance of winning it but no seems to have any issues with that. It's all about how dublin have made it so difficult to win an All Ireland!!! Interesting that the only county you don't hear moaning is Kerry.

People constantly crying over Mayo not winning an all Ireland, but at least they have multiple titles Connaght titles/medals to their name. Great players like John Galvin, Matty Forde, Declan Browne don't even have a provincal medal. I'd much rather see structures changed so weaker counties have something tangiable to aim for come the summer and not have their season end at the end of June when it's the best time of year for football.

If you think taking money off Dublin and just throwing money at the weaker counties will work you should go work for the HSE. They are perfect example of how just throwing money at a problem doesn't work.

Rossfan

TheGreatest

Dundalk FC have just won the league again, 4 out of the last 5 seasons.

Also i big congrats to Derrygonnelly Harps of Fermanagh, who have just done 5 in a row county football championships.

Dont worry, no one will begrudge your succuess on here.  . . . . . .

Rossfan

Derrygonnelly and Dundalk haven't got 10 times the population of their closest rivals.
Don't get to play all their big games at home.
Don't have the Fermanagh CB or FAI giving them preferential financial assistance.

MayoBuck

Quote from: dublin7 on September 24, 2019, 11:00:20 AM

My point is teams like Sligo, London, Leitrim, Limerick enter the provincal championships every year with no chance of winning it but no seems to have any issues with that. It's all about how dublin have made it so difficult to win an All Ireland!!! Interesting that the only county you don't hear moaning is Kerry.

People constantly crying over Mayo not winning an all Ireland, but at least they have multiple titles Connaght titles/medals to their name. Great players like John Galvin, Matty Forde, Declan Browne don't even have a provincal medal. I'd much rather see structures changed so weaker counties have something tangiable to aim for come the summer and not have their season end at the end of June when it's the best time of year for football.

If you think taking money off Dublin and just throwing money at the weaker counties will work you should go work for the HSE. They are perfect example of how just throwing money at a problem doesn't work.

There are hardly any Kerry posters on this board. Have a look on HoganStand if you want to see them talk about it. As I pointed out in my previous post, those counties don't have any disadvantage in the Connacht/Munster championship bar population.

So investing in Dublin is fine but putting more coaches in the likes of Dundalk, Drogheda, Bray, Sligo and other soccer towns is money down the drain?

dublin7

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 24, 2019, 01:23:01 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 24, 2019, 11:00:20 AM

There are hardly any Kerry posters on this board. Have a look on HoganStand if you want to see them talk about it. As I pointed out in my previous post, those counties don't have any disadvantage in the Connacht/Munster championship bar population.

So investing in Dublin is fine but putting more coaches in the likes of Dundalk, Drogheda, Bray, Sligo and other soccer towns is money down the drain?

If county boards have plans/structures in place for what they would do with capital grants then no problem, but how many county boards would you trust to spend the money wisely?

So what you also saying is that if you're a small county it's tough luck. You have no chance of winning even a provincal title, but that's just life, deal with it. Dublin are better than all the contenders for the All Ireland at the moment but that is somehow a disgrace and GAA shouldit seems be ashamed for allowing this to happen

Mayo Border

Great discussion on the Joe Duffy show just now about the Dubs Homecoming bash. (I thought all dubs games were played at home). One caller suggested it be held in Croke Park but it was pointed out to him that not possible because Croker is a neutral venue for all Counties. This was met with loud laughter from all including from Joe at how ridiculous it was to suggest such a thing. When they gathered themselves,  a caller pointed out in emphatic fashion that "The Dublin HQ is for the Dublin team ".
It's quite shocking that the Dubs are not loved by all

weareros

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 23, 2019, 08:46:28 PM

What disadvantages do they have apart from population? Sligo and Roscommon received more development funding than Mayo over the last 11 years. Leitrim aren't very far behind either despite being a much smaller county. There's generally a home/away arrangement for games in Connacht. The exception being London who start off with a home game every year.

Are you factoring in the GAA talking over the 5 million debt of McHale stadium?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on September 24, 2019, 12:35:03 PM
Derrygonnelly and Dundalk haven't got 10 times the population of their closest rivals.
Don't get to play all their big games at home.
Don't have the Fermanagh CB or FAI giving them preferential financial assistance.
Dundalk are owned by American billionaires though... Nobody in soccer is cslling for handicapping, they are too busy trying to catch them.

highorlow

QuoteDundalk are owned by American billionaires though... Nobody in soccer is cslling for handicapping, they are too busy trying to catch them.

Not sure who's side you are taking on this but taking the above at face value, yes you are absolutely correct. Some day the West Ham owner or some other money people will come here and set up a LOI club or take over an existing one to challenge Dundalk, this will be done with money.

Dundalk's success year after year can in part be attributed to finances, the more they win the more attractive they are to sponsors plus this success allows them to get money from European games and TV etc. This means they can pay the higher wages and attract the better players in the league. It's somewhat akin to what Dublin have done apart from the fact that the Dublin players are all from inside the County / City and that Dublin's money is sourced unfairly and at a disadvantage to other competitors.

Celtic in Scotland are similar to Dundalk.

Shamrock Rovers have been investing in underage structures over the last few years and focusing big money and time into underage teams. It will be interesting to see if / when this investment pays off for them and if it will be reflected eventually in their seniors.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go