Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I hope Gallagher is going to get more game time than just last week , I know he was very quiet v Kerry but these bucks need a few games . He might of thought to himself last week " no sense in putting in a motm performance here like I did against Kildare and tyrone last year, you only get dropped then"
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 06, 2015, 11:00:56 PM
Where's all the Mayo wans?
Usually they would be on page 50 by now.

We re thin on the ground at the best of times and it s usually the Rossies that bulk out our threads.
Lookit, unlike ye lads we don t have much to fall out over yet. But as soon as Holmes #2 loses the fur will fly for a while.
I d guess a few Mayo's are a bit nervy with these transitional teams. That is a very brave team selection imo.  It s very much a case of wait and see with us.

BennyHarp

Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:32:42 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites

2.   Michael Hall - Breaffy

3.   Kevin Keane - Westport

4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)

5.   Lee Keegan - Westport

6.   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts

8.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy

9.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe

10.Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber

11.Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

12.Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

13.Michael Conroy - Davitts

14.Alan Freeman - Aghamore

15.Mark Ronaldson - Shrule/Glencorrib

Holy feck! ;)

Are you fancying it a bit more now Sráth Bán? ;)

Mayo are taking the piss with that team! Tyrone by 5! 😃
That was never a square ball!!

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2015, 11:23:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:32:42 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites

2.   Michael Hall - Breaffy

3.   Kevin Keane - Westport

4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)

5.   Lee Keegan - Westport

6.   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts

8.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy

9.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe

10.Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber

11.Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

12.Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

13.Michael Conroy - Davitts

14.Alan Freeman - Aghamore

15.Mark Ronaldson - Shrule/Glencorrib

Holy feck! ;)

Are you fancying it a bit more now Sráth Bán? ;)

Mayo are taking the piss with that team! Tyrone by 5! 😃

Why? Similar to Killarney team as Miles pointed out.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2015, 11:31:33 PM
Mayo by 12

Yeeeeeeeeoooooooooowww! More like it! We're now invincible! :)

Isn't it a seismic one though? For an NFL game. A tame submission, at full strength, after the vile submission in Omagh, with Canavan's and Hughes' criticisms ringing in their ears - it would be a hard one to ride.

Peter says there'll be a sting in the tail this weekend - and let's be honest it's Mayo who normally roll over if it's put up to them like all Western counties, even to a middlin Ulster side - but I don't think we have it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tiempo

Quote from: Rodman on February 06, 2015, 10:51:23 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: Rodman on February 06, 2015, 08:51:27 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2015, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 05, 2015, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 05, 2015, 11:00:01 PM
Harte is a class footballer, and would get on any County team, silly dig because he is related to Mickey Harte.

Agreed. No need for any familial aspersions.

Nepotism, its a fairly well seen phenomenon.

Stop already, lose the chip!  Peter Harte is worth his place, what's Tiarnán Mc Cann's family connection?

My first post on the topic Hes saying, "yep you got us into this mess but nephew Peter is fit so he's straight back in as normal regardless and one other token change so that it can't be levelled that Petey was the only change."

So if you were picking the team for Sunday would you put Petey back in?  If your answer to that is yes, then what point are you trying to make.

Answer is no, i would put barry tierney in, as people have been saying lads need a fiar crack of the whip, like petey has had more than anyone else. The point i am making is nepotism, inconsistent selection criteria, favouritism and round pegs in square holes. But Mickey just couldnt leave Petey out and had to make a second token change to avoid the obvious criticism.

If Mickey is trying to give the team of last week the chance to redeem itself then you go 1-15, if hes going off performances last week in selecting this weeks team then you make 3 or 4 changes.

So you think Tierney is a better player than Harte - you must be the only person in the County. I don't think Mickey's focus is to give the players a chance to redeem themselves, he is probably more focused in winning the game so he picks the best team meaning Harte on and Tierney off.

I think Tierney and Harte are both excellent and should be played at 5 & 7 respectively, i think they are much of a muchness as players with very little to choose between them, but only one of them has been consistently given the opportunity to recover from a poor performance with selection in the following game. I am not saying they are identical in all aspects of their game but their would be no daylight between them if you are talking "which is the better".

That is not Tyrones strongest team, I dont think anyone in Tyrone would dispute that. As i said before Niall McKenna is not an inside forward at Senior county level. There were 3 players dropped a week ago that would walk into that team.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 11:40:58 PM
I think Tierney and Harte are both excellent and should be played at 5 & 7 respectively, i think they are much of a muchness as players with very little to choose between them, but only one of them has been consistently given the opportunity to recover from a poor performance with selection in the following game. I am not saying they are identical in all aspects of their game but their would be no daylight between them if you are talking "which is the better".

That is not Tyrones strongest team, I dont think anyone in Tyrone would dispute that. As i said before Niall McKenna is not an inside forward at Senior county level. There were 3 players dropped a week ago that would walk into that team.

Give it a rest. I'm not going to slate publicly any player on any public forum like this, here, but Petey Harte is the man in that berth, for now.

Niall Mc Kenna has been STARVED of ball -- I don't what you expect of him, is he supposed to be some sort of magician? 

If the ball isn't being delivered to the forwards, how do you expect it to be delivered there, by teleportation?

tiempo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 11:46:23 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 11:40:58 PM

Give it a rest. I'm not going to slate publicly any player on any public forum like this, here, but Petey Harte is the man in that berth, for now.

Niall Mc Kenna has been STARVED of ball -- I don't what you expect of him, is he supposed to be some sort of magician? 

If the ball isn't being delivered to the forwards, how do you expect it to be delivered there, by teleportation?

Never slated Petey Harte, slated the selection criteria, bias and round pegs in square holes. Niall McKenna is being lead up the garden path with a few early season outings before being hauled in to sit on the bench for the end of NFL and Championship, he will serve a purpose as Mickey loves an in house training game and needs a surplus of players for this. The lad is being played out of position, that is to say that even if great quality ball was coming in thick and fast he wouldn't do a pile with it as he is not an inside forward, he needs a run out at wing forward to see if he can contribute in the middle third as is his strength as a player

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2015, 11:31:33 PM
Mayo by 12

Yeeeeeeeeoooooooooowww! More like it! We're now invincible! :)

Isn't it a seismic one though? For an NFL game. A tame submission, at full strength, after the vile submission in Omagh, with Canavan's and Hughes' criticisms ringing in their ears - it would be a hard one to ride.

Peter says there'll be a sting in the tail this weekend - and let's be honest it's Mayo who normally roll over if it's put up to them like all Western counties, even to a middlin Ulster side - but I don't think we have it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's more usually a middlin Ulster referee, or a f**king South Monaghan one that does us in when we re any good. We don t mind it put up to us so long as ref isn t bent. Best of luck with the rolling over on Sunday ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tiempo on February 06, 2015, 11:59:25 PM
Never slated Petey Harte, slated the selection criteria, bias and round pegs in square holes. Niall McKenna is being lead up the garden path with a few early season outings before being hauled in to sit on the bench for the end of NFL and Championship, he will serve a purpose as Mickey loves an in house training game and needs a surplus of players for this. The lad is being played out of position, that is to say that even if great quality ball was coming in thick and fast he wouldn't do a pile with it as he is not an inside forward, he needs a run out at wing forward to see if he can contribute in the middle third as is his strength as a player

Look lad, it's fecking led (as in the verb's past tense, or more specifically the past participle of the verb to lead), not lead (as in the bleedin' metal), right?

Still, give it a rest, save all that spiel until Sunday evening or later, it's just tiresome, truly.

Nihilist

A lot depends on the benches. I expect a strong Mayo bench on Sunday. Mayo will probably try (and might get away with) 7/8 subs but that's fine by me. Long enough teams walked on them for being too nice.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Nihilist on February 07, 2015, 12:45:55 AM
A lot depends on the benches. I expect a strong Mayo bench on Sunday. Mayo will probably try (and might get away with) 7/8 subs but that's fine by me. Long enough teams walked on them for being too nice.

Fair point, and I fear the Westerners have the stronger bench, realistically.

Farrandeelin

Hope Clarke has varied kickouts rather than 'hoofit' like Hennelly last week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.