The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Typical Everton,lose at home to QPR and Bolton and then beat the league leaders.

Listening to the game on the radio,City didn't create much and they seem to have really went off the rails waya from home.

Good week for us with this result and a couple of signings. Hopefully Jelavic can bang in a few goals between now and the end of the season.

That halfwit tonight put me in mind of the time Big Nev came out on his own and sat on the goal line vs Leeds about 20 years ago.

SHEEDY

brilliant performance. great to get 1 over on them.  ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Seamroga in exile

Stacq......Stracqu.... big Denis up front put in a serious shift tonight.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

muppet

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 31, 2012, 09:20:38 PM
Hearing it was some boy protesting about Ryanair   ???

O'Leary was apparently at the match.

Not my way of doing business but they are a Liverpool based group campaigning about the treatment of Liverpool based staff:

I suggest you read this first:

http://ryanairdontcarecrew.blogspot.com/2011/10/paul-ridgards-suicide-was-work-related.html

And then this:

http://ryanairdontcarecrew.blogspot.com/2012/02/goodison-parkmancherster-city-everton.html
MWWSI 2017

SHEEDY

brilliant performance today, made chelsea look very poor. pienaar was motm on his return. great to have him back, him and baines have a great understanding on the left wing.  everton fans have got another cult figure in big dennis, what a shift he put in up front today.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 11, 2012, 06:00:41 PM
brilliant performance today, made chelsea look very poor. pienaar was motm on his return. great to have him back, him and baines have a great understanding on the left wing.  everton fans have got another cult figure in big dennis, what a shift he put in up front today.
Big Dennis is limited,even his goal was lucky enough but he's a real trier.

Great tackle by Phil Neville and pass by Donovan for 2nd goal. Donovan has 6 assists since he came on loan in January, pity he could'nt stay.
Deal with Pienaar and Saha has worked out well for both ourselves and Spurs.

AFS

Now that it's well established that he's fit for the league, what's stopping Everton, or some other PL club, from making a permanent move for Donovan? You'd assume he'd like to give it another proper go in Europe, and he probably has another two or three seasons in him. Is he on huge money in LA or something? Transfer fee wouldn't be that much of a stumbling block.

Minder

AFS - Just out of curiosity, why don't you post on the Man Utd thread anymore? You were one of the more reasonable posters. I have a feeling I know why, Liverpool and Utd threads are like a zoo lately.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: AFS on February 12, 2012, 12:11:25 AM
Now that it's well established that he's fit for the league, what's stopping Everton, or some other PL club, from making a permanent move for Donovan? You'd assume he'd like to give it another proper go in Europe, and he probably has another two or three seasons in him. Is he on huge money in LA or something? Transfer fee wouldn't be that much of a stumbling block.
Donovan has godlike status in the MLS and is on a salary next after Beckham, starting with a basic of about £1.5m p/a, then add on other earnings.
Everton could and probably should have signed Keane when he was available for a song.
A transfer fee £3.5m and  similar salary as Donovan would have sealed it.

Norf Tyrone

Fair play today toffees.

Heart, courage and bravery > egos, reputations and pay cheques.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AFS

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2012, 12:27:09 AM
AFS - Just out of curiosity, why don't you post on the Man Utd thread anymore? You were one of the more reasonable posters. I have a feeling I know why, Liverpool and Utd threads are like a zoo lately.

Same reason I wouldn't really look at any of the thread about religion or politics on here anymore. They're just full of the same boys posting the same shit on rotation.

SHEEDY

good to see shane duffy get a call up to the ireland squad (unfortunately for dunne) thought he done well for everton any time he has played. never looked out of place.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

another home draw and even though its against an in form sunderland, its one i think we can win. after all the doom and gloom, this season could yet finish on a high.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Steady on there Sheedy. It's been a decent month. Confidence is back and Goodison is becoming a hostile venue again. Just shows if the team give the fans something to shout about, it's a tough ground to go to. Have watched the last 2 games in full. Jury still out on Gibson. He looks a bit lost. He hasn't been playing regularly I suppose but even the basics look beyond him. Hopefully, he'll bed in. Sunderland game should be a cracker. Will deffo go to Wembley for the semi-final if we can beat them.

SHEEDY

another good win against another top 5 side sets us up nicely for a massive week ahead. although it was backs to the wall in the 2nd half i thought we defended well and deserved the win. how nice would a win at analfield and a win over sunderland be for moyes as a 10th anniversary present. we can always dream... ;)
nil satis nisi optimum