Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Tough test today against Szombathelyi Haladás of Hungary. Haladás is the Hungarian word for progress which spells danger in my book.
The picture on their home page ( http://haladasfc.nyugat.hu/ ) looks a bit intimidating.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

ONeill

Walcott, Bendtner, Denilson, Sagna, Ramsey and Clichy (capt) playing.

Nerves destroying me.

ONeill

1-0 down. A wonderful mix-up between the Hoyte Brothers.

ONeill

1-1. Walcott. Seems to be in good shape. Could be worth a few early fantasy points.

ildanach

i read toure has malaria, we need a cente back pronto, i coan not bear the though of the season starting with senderos at the back!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

hitzelsperger

i honestly dont know how senderos has lasted so long and played so many games under wenger..he is slow, always seems to panic on the ball and is slow to react to situations...if toure is out for a while we are fcuked..djurou, song, the hoytes, no where near good enuf to play at the top level so wenger has to see that signings are needed!

i hope theo can show doubters (including myself) what hes made of this year, after that run against liverpool i dont see why he cant do it week in week out in the league, pace like his scares the shité out of defenders!

Puckoon

Was just reading a bit about Hlebs departure there. Now I wouldnt claim to know much about transfers and so on, but surely 600 thousand pounds of profit of the sale of a player of his quality - to a club like barcelona is bad business in any language. Its almost like paying the same about of money for Darren Bent as for Thierry Henry. Hleb was bought for 11.2 million in 05 and at 27 years old was sold to barca for 11.8.

ONeill

I think Arsenal stand to make a good few million more depending on appearances.

spiritof91and94

New Arsenal away kit – Anfield '89 20th Anniversary
http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/

ONeill

Burgenland XI v Arsenal today. Not a fast-food select, but an Austrian select.

kinghen

Quote from: hitzelsperger on July 23, 2008, 04:17:33 PM
i honestly dont know how senderos has lasted so long and played so many games under wenger..he is slow, always seems to panic on the ball and is slow to react to situations...if toure is out for a while we are fcuked..djurou, song, the hoytes, no where near good enuf to play at the top level so wenger has to see that signings are needed!

i hope theo can show doubters (including myself) what hes made of this year, after that run against liverpool i dont see why he cant do it week in week out in the league, pace like his scares the shité out of defenders!

i was a doubter of young theo myself, however i have high hopes for him this season, alas i dont think him tryin to run the pitch solo, ala against liverpool, is the answer, too often he takes one touch too many and loses it in the tackle, beating 2 men is no use if he loses it tryin to beat the 3rd! i think playing 1-2's withe the like of fabregas and getting him in behind defenders is the key, hopefully we see more of him gettin to the end line and squaring it for a tap-in, eg ade's goal against milan!!

re;senderos, i can only assume that this is stubborness on wengers part, tryin to prove that he will come good, i really do think that he should just listen to the critics and get rid of this kryton *sp* lookalike waste of space!!

ONeill

Senderos was terrific in Arsenal's run to the CL final in 2006 - I think Arsenal set a record then for clean sheets. He was also performing heroics for the Swiss then. An injury and he has never really recovered that sharpness.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 04:11:28 PM
Senderos was terrific in Arsenal's run to the CL final in 2006 - I think Arsenal set a record then for clean sheets. He was also performing heroics for the Swiss then. An injury and he has never really recovered that sharpness.

cant believe there is only 1 club interested in him. He is such a talent.

ONeill

5-0 up after 29 mins. Should've been 8. Wouldn't like to be a Burgenlander tonight.