Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

What sort of dream land are u in o neill? Ronaldo bombs again, di u even watch the match? Missed penalty is not a bad game, every time he reeicieved a pass in Chelseas half he had essien on toast, as he had sagna by the way but we will not mention that as we are too busy celebrating three stars on utds shirt next season, how manys on arsenals?

ONeill

Ronaldo was in Red Square between the 30th and 120th minute. Against Arsenal, he had his worst league game of the year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

slow corner back

Against arsenal he scored twice this season, keep taking the pills o neill, when was the last time an arsenal winger scored 42 goals per season?

ONeill

Typical Utd fan - always asking questions. Buy a Rothman's good man.

slow corner back

No question he did score two goals against arsenal this season and as for the rothmans, taste very nice thank u

ONeill

Jaysus, your side has just won the European Cup. Go celebrate somewhere and stop letting me wind you up.

Fergie, though, to his credit will keep going until his side goes through a league season unbeaten. Don't think he can manage it though. Rooney's stock fairly went down today and I can see Real pulling out of their bid for Crynoldo the seriel big-game flopper.

Dinny Breen

Ronaldo is just a bully, fairly choked on his penalty alright last night. I agree he was terrible against Arsenal.
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

What a header last night. it essetially won the CL for United.

It takes a proper footballer to deliver a goal of that quality on the big occasion. so many before him have choked badly at in the biggest games. Henry and Drogba come to mind.

ildanach

Quote from: Uladh on May 22, 2008, 12:24:50 PM

What a header last night. it essetially won the CL for United.

It takes a proper footballer to deliver a goal of that quality on the big occasion. so many before him have choked badly at in the biggest games. Henry and Drogba come to mind.

strange how rooneys performance last night never came into mind when you were compiling the list!

In fairness Henry was not fit when arsenal played in the champions league final.
Ronaldo did get a great goal last night but after the first 30mins he went missing until extra time.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat a header last night. it essetially won the CL for United.

What a strange thing to say, maybe it's just me but I think Terry's penalty miss was a little bit more important.
#newbridgeornowhere

wherefromreferee?

I just think its great that the above discussion is taking place on this thread  ;D
In your Endo!

nrico2006

QuoteFergie, though, to his credit will keep going until his side goes through a league season unbeaten. Don't think he can manage it though. Rooney's stock fairly went down today and I can see Real pulling out of their bid for Crynoldo the seriel big-game flopper.

Who gives a f**k about going through the season unbeaten if you win the league and champions league.  Ronaldo played well last night, alot better than Terry Henry did against Barcelona - he wasn't fit my hole! 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

In fairness NRico that record of going through a season unbeaten is the finest Premiership achievement whether you like it or not.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

It was. I think Fergie will die with that unease that Wenger produced the most beautiful record ever witnessed that year, during Fergie's tenure. I also thought it was a pity Utd betrayed their footballing heritage inherited from Busby by sitting on their hole in defence for 80 mins, afeard to attack. But I suppose it puts a trophy in the cabinet and keeps the Japs happy.

nrico2006

I would hardly say United were afraid to attack, Chelsea gained the edge in the second half simple as that. 

Minder - I would love United to go unbeaten through a season, but if you win the league without doing so it doesn't make a difference.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'