FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

An Fear Rua

looks like they are moving on from it all
Its Grim up North

T Fearon

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its the only time I've seen anyone connected with the Goons in an animated state

ONeill

A decent performance on Sunday. A little rub of the green and Arsenal could've taken the three points (thanks to Ferdinand's clanger). However, a decent season. We expected little and exceeded all expectations. Remarkably, if Arsenal take 12 points in their last 4 games, they'll end up with 80-odd points. Amazing what it takes to win the title. Even last week, with Arsenal more or less out of it, they'd only lost 2 league games all season. It has got to the stage when a draw is a disastrous result for the big three.

Anyone see Archer's article in the IN today about Arsenal? A 12-year old Liverpool fan must've written it for him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Good post O'Neill, agree with most of that. Conversely expectations will be very high for next season, personally would like to see Wenger sign a quality centre-half, another goalie and 2 holding mid-fielders.

QuoteAnyone see Archer's article in the IN today about Arsenal? A 12-year old Liverpool fan must've written it for him.

Can this be posted up?
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

perhaps another raid on chelsea, ben haim seems to be unhappy there and although not world class is better than senderos (then again that would not be hard), is up to premier league speed. Him along with another great centre half would leave us with 5 very good centre halfs. toure, gallas & djouru & 2 new.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on April 16, 2008, 10:05:43 AM
Amazing what it takes to win the title. Even last week, with Arsenal more or less out of it, they'd only lost 2 league games all season. It has got to the stage when a draw is a disastrous result for the big three.

Yip. I was just thinking the same a few days back. A few years back you would get a bit of jip at work for losing games. These days if you draw, it's time to hide!
Arsenal's unbeatables, and Jose's double champions have raised the bar for United. I think Ferguson has come along and to be fair has met the challange. However in my opinion what it has done, is that it has improved English teams performance in Europe. Four finals in the last four years suggests that, and perhaps this is what ultimately may provide the platform for United to be better in Europe.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Anyone see Archer's article in the IN today about Arsenal? A 12-year old Liverpool fan must've written it for him.

I did alright, it was pretty and juvenile and had a large dose of being wise after the event. It belonged in the "Total tool Journalists" thread........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

A decent performance on Sunday. A little rub of the green and Arsenal could've taken the three points (thanks to Ferdinand's clanger). However, a decent season. We expected little and exceeded all expectations. Remarkably, if Arsenal take 12 points in their last 4 games, they'll end up with 80-odd points. Amazing what it takes to win the title. Even last week, with Arsenal more or less out of it, they'd only lost 2 league games all season. It has got to the stage when a draw is a disastrous result for the big three.

Ah yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So much for not losing games. Arsenal have only won 2 in your last 13. That is terrible form and you can hide behind how much of a remarkable season (Bull Sh*t) all you like, but the reality is that when Arsenal came to the "Business" end of the season, Arsenal faded. All the big Games Against Liverpool, Man u, Chelsea and even the Spuds in the League Cup, were put down to bad luck, bad refereeing, bad tackles, etc. You say your expectations were exceeded. Not from the posts i've seem over the last couple of months. (And rightly so Expectations should be high for an established top three club such as Arsenal). And yes as you say it will be remarkable if Arsenal end up with 12 points from their last 4 games. Actually they should do it now the pressure of having anything to win is off!

ONeill

I apologise to you for not being devastated at Arsenal's demise. I also apologise that I said Arsenal had a decent season as decent means remarkable to you.

From your recent posts you seem to be happy to speak after the event, merrily reveling in Arsenal's poor form. Were you not loved?

From the Bunker

Ah no ONeill,  I apologise, I did realise you were not devistated with Arsenals demise. Anyway, the reality is that Arsenal played some of the Best football untill mid-february, to the envy of every other club in the Premier League. There was a level of cockiness to Arsenal and truthfully they looked unbeatable. This caused amongst the other fans the Steve Davis syndrome (where some one is so good you want to see them lose). And remarkably over the last couple of weeks this happened, much to the Happiness of other rivals, it's the way it goes, Sorry (kinda don't mean it). My recent post you refer to just point to Arsenals recent form. Yes i revelled in their demise, but that is because they were shit hot at the begining of the season. The Biggest insult to Arsenal this season was Fergie giving his (Belittling) words of comfort to Wenger after beating them last week. Arsenal are a top club who (by thier high recent standards are disappointingly) are going to finish 3rd in the league (probably on 80ish points as you said), lost 4-0 to the FA Cup to Man Ure, Lost to the Spuds 6-2 on AGG in LC and lost to Scouse 5-3 on AGG in CL. They have not won anything in 3 years, but Wenger is still the man because we still hate him and the day we begin to like him will be the end.

PS. I was cheering for the Arse last week and also i was never loved.

ONeill

GalwayBayBoy

new devil

J70