Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

League is not over, but the Goons have one hand on it me think. I think that away cruise in Goodison a few weeks back was the game that Arsenal dispelled a few myths (Including my own) that people may have had regarding them.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

They weren't myths, they were serious problems arsenal used to have against teams like everton Bolton Blackburn etc. They seem to have conquered those issues.

I still think there's a bit more drama left this season.

'There's many a slip twixt cup and lip'

supersarsfields

Naw the league isn't over yet. As they say there's the games at OT and Stamford. But it does mean if Arsenal get any sort of a result in these games then it's hard to look past them. Cheski and MU will know if they slip up in those games then it's going to make things very hard for them!!

Dinny Breen

Anyone notice that the Gooners on this thread are the ones not counting chickens now the lot of you clear of to....

The Biggest Bestest player in the whole wide world aka The Man U thread....or This is going to be our year thread aka the The Dellusionists Thread aka the Liverpool Thread or the 1 post a month thread aka The Chelsea Thread...... :P
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

QuoteThis is going to be our year thread aka the The Dellusionists Thread aka the Liverpool Thread

We'll be right some time Dinny. And then we will be insufferable :D

Dinny Breen

QuoteAnd then we will be insufferable

There's irony there somewhere  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I thought you might pick up on that :D

ONeill

List of injuries:

Johan Djourou (groin)
Robin van Persie (thigh)
Abou Diaby (calf)
Manuel Almunia (sick)
Denilson (hamstring)
Tomas Rosicky (hamstring)
Walcott (thigh)
Clichy (hamstring)
Sagna (personal reasons)
Senderos (knee/thigh).
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on February 14, 2008, 07:08:56 PM
List of injuries:

Johan Djourou (groin)
Robin van Persie (thigh)
Abou Diaby (calf)
Manuel Almunia (sick)
Denilson (hamstring)
Tomas Rosicky (hamstring)
Walcott (thigh)
Clichy (hamstring)
Sagna (personal reasons)
Senderos (knee/thigh).

If it was the league, I doubt they'd be as many injuries. Is Wenger holding back on the FA Cup to preserve his side for the league. Maybe a defeat at OT of a first choice Goons side, would be a pyschological blow and Wenger is aware of that, and wants to avoid that scenario.

under the bar

Lucky tonight that ManuU din't win 10-0 such was the gulf in class.  With any luck yis will only have to play them once more this season!

ONeill

Class had nothing to do with it. Fergie knows it. What Utd had was spirit, hunger and the pain of last week's defeat. Arsenal were simply too concerned with the visit of the European Champions on Wednesday. I say fair play to Utd.

under the bar

QuoteClass had nothing to do with it. Fergie knows it.

If you didn't see a gulf in class on the pitch tonite then buy a new telly.  Both teams had an equal eye on Europe but United outclassed Arsenal in every dept, which was why Arsenal players resorted to kicking and did well to finish with 10 men.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on February 16, 2008, 10:23:13 PM
QuoteClass had nothing to do with it. Fergie knows it.

If you didn't see a gulf in class on the pitch tonite then buy a new telly.  Both teams had an equal eye on Europe but United outclassed Arsenal in every dept, which was why Arsenal players resorted to kicking and did well to finish with 10 men.

I never knew Arsenal had 10 men until I read that! Is there an irony there on the day JT makes his comeback from an Eboue (I think) challange that probably should've merited a red card!

Dinny Breen

QuoteIf you didn't see a gulf in class on the pitch tonite then buy a new telly.  Both teams had an equal eye on Europe but United outclassed Arsenal in every dept, which was why Arsenal players resorted to kicking and did well to finish with 10 men.

Such rubbish, nothing to do with class Arsenal were simply beaten by the better side on the night who were hurting from last week. For God's sake Fletcher was the best player on the pitch  ::)

One less game for Arsenal to worry about, as NT mentions if that was a league game Arsenal would have played more than four first choice players. Fergie knows that Wenger didn't giive a damn about the FA Cup this year and his own team selection reflected that as did the Arsenal players attitude which was probably the most disappointing thing about that game.

#newbridgeornowhere