Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Big, big win. Hairy enough at the end though could've ended up 4-3. Fabregas looked ring-rusty whereas Ashley Cole just has a rusty ring. Amazing how Flamini has gone from a bit-part to almost essential in 12 months - his energy and workrate is a necessity for Hleb and Cesc to strut their stuff. Very uncharacteristic of Cech.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Big win is right, Gael Clichy fantastic stuff, RVP looks hungry......the referee was terrible, absolutely no control and Jamie Redknapp is a knob of the highest order. 2 horse race now....
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Strange sort of a game. Observations, and mind that I've been on the tear today, and my blue tinteds are on;

* Goal was a totally out of character error by Cech. However the Goons were aided by a push by Gallas on Ben Haim.
* Flamini, as O'Neill points out, is now a key player for Arsenal, and was excellent today.
* Eboue...the same Eboue who should've been suspended for this game...should've seen red for that tackle on JT. You can imagine the outrage if Obi one, or Essien had've done that.
* Chelsea were slightly toothless, and despite buckets of posession never convinced that a goal was coming. However I thought we played pretty well considering we were minus Drogba, Ballack, Carvalho, Essien and then JT. Essentially the spine of the team was wiped out.
* Fibreglass- Great player, but a wee p***k. Took a sneaky kick at Cole in the last minute, and then when Cole grabbed him went down holding his face.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

QuoteEboue...the same Eboue who should've been suspended for this game...should've seen red for that tackle on JT. You can imagine the outrage if Obi one, or Essien had've done that.

Rubbish, I'm no fan of Eboue but he simply tried to block the ball and his foot was not raised particularly high you see that every week. As for JT is that the same John Terry that should seen red for his over the top tackle on Fabregas  :o

Fibreglass- Great player, but a wee p***k. Took a sneaky kick at Cole in the last minute, and then when Cole grabbed him went down holding his face.

Poor tackle from Fabregas but Cashely reacted like the petulent fool that he is, lucky not to see red for rasing his hand and yes Fabregas's reaction was disappointing something that I certainly won't condone..
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

QuotePoor tackle from Fabregas but Cashely reacted like the petulent fool that he is, lucky not to see red for rasing his hand and yes Fabregas's reaction was disappointing something that I certainly won't condone..

Poor tackle is a bit of an understatement, there has been hatred between those two for a while now, and it didn't help that Cashley blocked Fabregas' shot whenever he had practically an invite to score.  Fabregas is class, but I agree that he is one of the biggest pricks about.  Cashley, and I wouldn't be his biggest fan, barely touched him yet he rolled about for 5 minutes. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ildanach

great result could have been 3-1 or 1-1 hopefully we can kick on from here now spuds on saturday. Van Persie need a few more games to get back his sharpness.
I thought the referee let too many tackle go early on. This then had a knock effect with the antics in the game. He also took a lot of shit from Lampard and Terry.Eboues tackle looked bad on the tv but he was going for the ball. The tackle by j cole on him was bad too that is why Toure ran 60 yards to it. Terry went to follow through on cesc even Hansen said it on match of the day and he normally has his nose up terrys ass. Cesc in turn was oout of order with the tackle on cole at the end. But cole retalliated and so should have seen red.   
Chelsea will be still inthe shake up at the end of the season. If liverpool lose another to Arsenal, Man u or Chelsea they are out of the running.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteRubbish, I'm no fan of Eboue but he simply tried to block the ball and his foot was not raised particularly high you see that every week. As for JT is that the same John Terry that should seen red for his over the top tackle on Fabregas

Terry won the ball. It's not his fault that Fibreglass happened to be prone behind it. I think that was opportunism.

QuoteBut cole retalliated and so should have seen red.
He grabbed him by the neck as far as I could see, but it was a silly move.

The one positive after yesterday, is that Chelsea have been to the Emirates, OT and Anfield now, which makes things 'easier'.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ildanach

from arsenal.com
Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup Quarter-final tie with Blackburn Rovers.

The manager has rung the changes with the squad containing just two players involved in Sunday's win over Chelsea. Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute and Nicklas Bendtner was a 90th minute replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Please note that Theo Walcott pulled out of tonight's squad after waking up this morning and feeling unwell.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)           
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)           
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)           
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)           
15 DENILSON (Age 19)           
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)           
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)           
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)           
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)           
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)           
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)           
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)           
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)           
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)           
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)           
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17) 

This is a hugh test tonight against blackburn who will be fielding a strong team. A result is achieveable, although with senderos the most experience defender on display, i am worried!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ildanach on December 18, 2007, 02:44:12 PM
from arsenal.com
Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup Quarter-final tie with Blackburn Rovers.

The manager has rung the changes with the squad containing just two players involved in Sunday's win over Chelsea. Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute and Nicklas Bendtner was a 90th minute replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Please note that Theo Walcott pulled out of tonight's squad after waking up this morning and feeling unwell.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)           
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)           
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)           
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)           
15 DENILSON (Age 19)           
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)           
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)           
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)           
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)           
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)           
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)           
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)           
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)           
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)           
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)           
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17) 

This is a hugh test tonight against blackburn who will be fielding a strong team. A result is achieveable, although with senderos the most experience defender on display, i am worried!

Two up after 29 minues - great performance so far......

ONeill

You're an awful balax hardstation ....you're 3 mins ahead of my steam. Type slower please.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Hope some one scrapes Savage with their nails.

ET.

SeanSouth

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2007, 09:55:37 PM
Hope some one scrapes Savage with their nails.

ET.

Did Savages mother have any children that lived? hateful hoor.......He is a prime example of a mediocre player that will retire a millionaire due to the amount of money sloshing about the Premiership.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid