Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: PMG1 on May 01, 2019, 12:37:09 PM
Booking a Xmas break with the Mrs, unfortunately she can't do long haul flights. Have done Prague, Edinburgh which were very good at Xmas and also Dublin, Galway etc which are great but it is as cheap to head away somewhere. I was thinking of Bath in England, not a big fan of English food but am told Bath is a lovely place to go. Has any of you been there and would you recommend it?

Copenhagan at Christmas. Tivoli Gardens Winter Wonderland is awesome

Short flight from Dublin.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

GJL

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 01, 2019, 03:16:25 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 11:40:50 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on May 01, 2019, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: GJL on April 30, 2019, 07:39:55 PM
Anyone been to legoland Windsor?

Yeah we did an overnight stay a few weeks ago. Went early Sunday morning, home late on the Monday. Flew from Stansted and hired a car. Would go back again, the child loved it, but it was more geared toward younger kids than teenagers.

The theming of the hotels was class, our room had a treasure hunt in it for the child which give her a code to open a safe and there was a bag of Lego in it. Also the rooms had a box of Lego for them to play with too. Pool in the main Legoland hotel is great as well, you need to book a slot in for it. We booked the slot half an hour after the park closed, went there before dinner.

The park itself was busy enough on the Sunday but very very quiet on the Monday which was great, short queue times for all the rides.

Thanks.
We are staying nearby in Windsor for a week. Would you reccomend 2 days in Legoland or just one? I have 3 kids.

Probably best with the two days if you have three kids as they will all be looking to do different things at different times no doubt. There are wee shows and parades and things on at certain times during the day as well, we didn't see the half of it.

Thanks. We will probably go for 2 days. We are also heading to Harry Potter studios up in Watford. Anyone been?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 11:18:29 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on May 01, 2019, 03:16:25 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 11:40:50 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on May 01, 2019, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: GJL on April 30, 2019, 07:39:55 PM
Anyone been to legoland Windsor?

Yeah we did an overnight stay a few weeks ago. Went early Sunday morning, home late on the Monday. Flew from Stansted and hired a car. Would go back again, the child loved it, but it was more geared toward younger kids than teenagers.

The theming of the hotels was class, our room had a treasure hunt in it for the child which give her a code to open a safe and there was a bag of Lego in it. Also the rooms had a box of Lego for them to play with too. Pool in the main Legoland hotel is great as well, you need to book a slot in for it. We booked the slot half an hour after the park closed, went there before dinner.

The park itself was busy enough on the Sunday but very very quiet on the Monday which was great, short queue times for all the rides.

Thanks.
We are staying nearby in Windsor for a week. Would you reccomend 2 days in Legoland or just one? I have 3 kids.

Probably best with the two days if you have three kids as they will all be looking to do different things at different times no doubt. There are wee shows and parades and things on at certain times during the day as well, we didn't see the half of it.

Thanks. We will probably go for 2 days. We are also heading to Harry Potter studios up in Watford. Anyone been?

Did it s couple of years ago, was great, my kids are huge Potter fans, they loved it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I've been to harry potter world.It's very good actually - even for adults. The detail in the sets is phenomenal so even if you're not bothered about books or films of it it's still very interesting and there's plenty for kids in it too.

seafoid

Booking a Xmas break with the Mrs, unfortunately she can't do long haul flights. Have done Prague, Edinburgh which were very good at Xmas and also Dublin, Galway etc which are great but it is as cheap to head away somewhere. I was thinking of Bath in England, not a big fan of English food but am told Bath is a lovely place to go. Has any of you been there and would you recommend it?

Vienna, Salzburg or Alsace are not that far away and lovely at Christmas
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: galwayman on April 24, 2019, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: Randy on April 24, 2019, 02:40:38 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2019, 02:22:06 PM
Quote from: Randy on April 24, 2019, 02:10:32 PM
Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed in a  Yelloh Village Le Ranch camp site outside Nantes? We have never been on a holiday like this before and just looking for some opinions.

https://www.camping-le-ranch.com/en/les-hebergements/

Have gone camping every year more or less since 2010 in France, have yet to be let down by any campsite. You'll have a ball. Just a different way of life.

Thank you for the reply Dinny. Herself's sister and family are going there for 3 weeks and my wife suggested we join them for a week. The only holidays i have ever been on were in Ireland and Scotland so it will be something different alright. Do you mind me asking if you had young children with you? We will have a toddler

Daughter was 2 in 2010.  Her brother was born the following year. They love it. They actually love it so much for his communion and her birthday which both fall on the same weekend this year, they asked could they go for France as their presents.

The campsites are very family orientated and have facilities directly catering for young families, kiddie playgrounds, kiddie pools etc. Also incredibly safe.
Very interesting Dinny. Would there be any sites in particular that you would recommend?
I'm torn between a campsite and going back to Port de Pollenca in Majorca where we were last year which was lovely to be fair.

I love Frejus, fabulous beach, waterpark and amusement park.

Stayed in a few places but this was the best

https://www.eurocamp.ie/campsites/rivieraandprovence/rv014-la-baume/ataglance.html

Stayed in Biarritz last year. Was able to bring the kids surfing, zip lining and white water rafting. This campsite actually showed live GAA in the pool bar. Probably too many Irish for my liking, only so much "do you know such and such" that I can take.

https://www.europarcs.ie/camping-in-france/campsites-biarritz/le-ruisseau-overview.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_WjnZfp4QIVwwOGCh22KA7SEAAYAiAAEgIsdvD_BwE

I do like to go south but have stayed further north as well, all good but going south guarantees the weather.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/patrick-quirke-verdict-he-s-got-his-comeuppance-anyway-1.3880212

"If you said you were from Bansha, they'd say, 'Were you any place near where Bobby Ryan was killed?'. And when we'd say we were, we were a couple of kilometres from the house, that was all they'd talk about," said one man."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Are there any package holiday operators out of Dublin airport - apart from Budget travel?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2019, 07:15:21 AM

Was in Vienna just before Christmas a couple of years ago. Very impressive city & i really enjoyed it. Very cold , but Xmas markets throughout.

Over the Bar

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 06, 2019, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2019, 07:15:21 AM

Was in Vienna just before Christmas a couple of years ago. Very impressive city & i really enjoyed it. Very cold , but Xmas markets throughout.

This means nothing to me...

Brick Tamlin

Maybe been covered before in here but has anyone any recommendations for a short midweek (around late Oct nearly Nov) break in Europe for couples?
Somewhere not too expensive, plenty to see and do and also sit and watch the world go by with a beer in me hand for a few hrs if the mood takes.

ziggy90

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 20, 2019, 01:53:07 PM
Maybe been covered before in here but has anyone any recommendations for a short midweek (around late Oct nearly Nov) break in Europe for couples?
Somewhere not too expensive, plenty to see and do and also sit and watch the world go by with a beer in me hand for a few hrs if the mood takes.

Prague and/or Krakow.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 20, 2019, 02:10:27 PM

Prague and/or Krakow.
Second that but there won't be much heat about. You could try Lisbon or southern Spain if there are off-season flights available. A friend went to Malaga and thought it was really nice having spent years arriving at the airport and then heading to the costas.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2019, 02:16:39 PM

Prague and/or Krakow.
Second that but there won't be much heat about. You could try Lisbon or southern Spain if there are off-season flights available. A friend went to Malaga and thought it was really nice having spent years arriving at the airport and then heading to the costas.

Prague is definitely worth a visit as are any of the major Polish cities. Munich, Vienna and Salzburg all great also but more expensive than the previously mentioned.

general

Going to Prague next weekend on a stag.

last time i was there i was inter railing around europe and it was about 90p a pint  :o

screenexile

Prague and/or Krakow.

Been to both and would highly recommend. . . if you held off until early December the markets are class I would highly recommend them. We were there last year it was a great atmosphere.

It's not 90p a pint anymore but I got a pint for £1.50 in one bar which was nice!