NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Only 1 game in but already its looking like the two favourites Kildare, Armagh will be promoted. Going to be some battle for relegation and with their poor results this weekend both Cavan and Roscommon could be dragged into that battle.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2020, 01:01:01 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 26, 2020, 10:31:44 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2020, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:22:28 PM
I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

With cavan it's a step back to go forward. Lack of discipline and party culture was rampant. Mickey raised the bar for training and some lads didnt want to know so we have what we have. I couldn't go tonight but I believe we were awful, it will be tough on new lads but they'll have to learn fast. Only 3 home games also a tough one too.
What's this supposed to mean? We had the most disciplined and fittest Cavan panel as ever we had. If Cavan management are too f*****g ignorant/stupid to recognize what's sustainable or responsible in terms of training commitment or are just too greedy and squeezing as much money out of CB getting paid by the session, then that's on their heads. Trying to twist this onto the players is hard to stomach.
If you have some notions in your head that this is the dawn of a new era, that a regime like this is going to develop a new type of Cavan footballer and keep them long term, I'd advise you to lose them quick.

Look lad, I dont give a f**k what you think. I have enough contacts of my own to know whats going. Trying to smear Mickey Graham as some sort of money grabbing manager is revolting, he is a Cavan man through and through and has the interest of the county at heart, same as Terry Hyland had. And do tell, who were the players that wanted Terry gone - some of them no longer on the panel either. You'd be better off calling your buddies who left the panel and telling them to take down their twitter avatars in their cavan jerseys as they are not cavan players anymore.

What is expected of a Cavan player in terms of training is no different than any other team with serious ambitions, the fact that our players haven't done it in the past is why we are visibly so far behind your Tyrones and Donegals of this world in terms of conditioning. Fine if you don't want to do it then off you go and let someone in who is. That's where we are now, we have players who 100% want to play for Cavan. They may be young, raw, well behind in S&C and they may not be the most skillful players in the county but they are there and trying and committed.

Mickey has ended up with what he has and no amount of pissing and moaning about what is expected of todays players will not change it.
Why don't you pull your head out of MG's arse before replying. Where was the rampant party culture and lack of discipline? Still none the wiser from your long winded rant.

Angelo

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 26, 2020, 04:57:44 PM
I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

With cavan it's a step back to go forward. Lack of discipline and party culture was rampant. Mickey raised the bar for training and some lads didnt want to know so we have what we have. I couldn't go tonight but I believe we were awful, it will be tough on new lads but they'll have to learn fast. Only 3 home games also a tough one too.
What's this supposed to mean? We had the most disciplined and fittest Cavan panel as ever we had. If Cavan management are too f*****g ignorant/stupid to recognize what's sustainable or responsible in terms of training commitment or are just too greedy and squeezing as much money out of CB getting paid by the session, then that's on their heads. Trying to twist this onto the players is hard to stomach.
If you have some notions in your head that this is the dawn of a new era, that a regime like this is going to develop a new type of Cavan footballer and keep them long term, I'd advise you to lose them quick.

Look lad, I dont give a f**k what you think. I have enough contacts of my own to know whats going. Trying to smear Mickey Graham as some sort of money grabbing manager is revolting, he is a Cavan man through and through and has the interest of the county at heart, same as Terry Hyland had. And do tell, who were the players that wanted Terry gone - some of them no longer on the panel either. You'd be better off calling your buddies who left the panel and telling them to take down their twitter avatars in their cavan jerseys as they are not cavan players anymore.

What is expected of a Cavan player in terms of training is no different than any other team with serious ambitions, the fact that our players haven't done it in the past is why we are visibly so far behind your Tyrones and Donegals of this world in terms of conditioning. Fine if you don't want to do it then off you go and let someone in who is. That's where we are now, we have players who 100% want to play for Cavan. They may be young, raw, well behind in S&C and they may not be the most skillful players in the county but they are there and trying and committed.

Mickey has ended up with what he has and no amount of pissing and moaning about what is expected of todays players will not change it.
Why don't you pull your head out of MG's arse before replying. Where was the rampant party culture and lack of discipline? Still none the wiser from your long winded rant.

Didn't the Cavan team stop speaking to a local newspaper after they published a story about one of the now departed county players getting a drink driving ban?

From the outside looking in, there is something wrong with the mindset of Cavan football. For the last 7/8 years there have been plenty of lads dropping off panels when Cavan should have been looking at an upward trajectory. They have not had their best hand at any stage in the past decade, a lot of players have not been buying in like they have in other counties.

I wouldn't begrudge any young lad wanting to follow other pursuits but the large volume of drop outs in Cavan would suggest there is a bad culture in place there for the guts of the past decade.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Quote from: illdecide on January 24, 2020, 08:25:52 PM
Armagh - Decent team, defensively short of 2/3 good defenders, that and one good midfielder and Armagh would be hard to beat but they dont have them so...
Cavan - Not sure what to expect, lost some quality but on their day can give most teams their fill of it (def in Brefni)
Clare - I'll expect them to struggle
Fermanagh - I'll expect them to struggle and battle it out with Laois)
Kildare - Should be pushing for promotion
Laois - Hopefully drop back down but are strong at home and should go the the wire
Roscommon - Should win the league
Westmeath - Struggle

Truth be told, the teams are hard to predict. A good start is essential and all teams are capable of beating each other so pretty much a guessing game until 2 or 3 matches are over
Armagh don't have one good midfielder they've 4 arguably 5. Desperately need some defenders though and to bubble wrap Donaghy for the year.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 26, 2020, 04:41:22 PM
Only 1 game in but already its looking like the two favourites Kildare, Armagh will be promoted. Going to be some battle for relegation and with their poor results this weekend both Cavan and Roscommon could be dragged into that battle.

Kildare far from convincing today but probably just about shaded it. Fermanagh will make life difficult for most teams in the division and should eek out enough points to stay up.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 26, 2020, 06:32:27 PM

Kildare far from convincing today but probably just about shaded it. Fermanagh will make life difficult for most teams in the division and should eek out enough points to stay up.

It was still a big improvement on last year when Kildare lost to Fermanagh and only managed to score 0-6.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on January 26, 2020, 05:05:26 PM

Didn't the Cavan team stop speaking to a local newspaper after they published a story about one of the now departed county players getting a drink driving ban?

From the outside looking in, there is something wrong with the mindset of Cavan football. For the last 7/8 years there have been plenty of lads dropping off panels when Cavan should have been looking at an upward trajectory. They have not had their best hand at any stage in the past decade, a lot of players have not been buying in like they have in other counties.

I wouldn't begrudge any young lad wanting to follow other pursuits but the large volume of drop outs in Cavan would suggest there is a bad culture in place there for the guts of the past decade.

100% right

Yet in Cavan players are protected and manager gets blamed for everything. Maybe look it can tell us why players were dropped from the panel before our last home match against Dublin last year?

In Kerry no one talks about you until you've won a couple of all Ireland's. In Cavan play a couple of good games and then leave and the longer you are gone the more amazing a player you are. And of course it's the managers fault you are gone too. If only if only if only.

We won 4 Ulster u21s in a row, only the very successful Tyrone team did that. Where are they all now, is it really because of a succession of bad managers that our ulster winners have now been overtaken by players from Tyrone and donegal, players they beat over and over at u21. How can that ridiculous assertion stand up to scrutiny?

FermGael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 26, 2020, 06:32:27 PM

Goals win games.
We had three big chances for goals and missed all three.
Kildare has 2 goal chances and buried them.
In fairness to Ricey we were well set up but we also had a  better attacking intent than under Rory.
Honestly thought Kildare tactically were quite niave at times.
Your keepers kickouts would be a worry.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rossfan

Sh1tey performance from us today but despite that had the game sewn up going into injury time.
Conceding 1 goal in injury time might be careless but 2 is effin ridiculous.
Defence poor all round today-how many easy forward marks did Laois get?. As for Patterson's back pass- Lavin fairly saved his blushes. Why the pass back when the whole left side of the pitch was empty on front of him.
While it's early days yet we won't be competing for promotion without major improvement.
Midfield mainly poor. Donie and Cathal Cregg pick of the forwards.
Ref Brannigan did nothing to improve his reputation with Ros fans while Cormac Reilly remains consistent - gave a wrong sideline decision which happened 2 metres in front of him and had to be overruled by the Ref.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smelmoth

Reading the Cavan comments makes me laugh. In Armagh we only think Geezer is a divisive character.

If the Cavan management are expecting the squad to train anything like 28 days in a row they should be stood down and supported with the mental convalescence support they need. I would stress the "if"

If there wasn't a rampant party culture in the Cavan squad then a certain poster needs to have a long hard look at themselves. I stress the if

smelmoth

Armagh were pretty good last night. Loads of talent not starting or not involved. Big improvements still needed on a couple of perennial issues- kick outs and defending against runners but the talent is there

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on January 26, 2020, 08:46:12 PM
Reading the Cavan comments makes me laugh. In Armagh we only think Geezer is a divisive character.

If the Cavan management are expecting the squad to train anything like 28 days in a row they should be stood down and supported with the mental convalescence support they need. I would stress the "if"

If there wasn't a rampant party culture in the Cavan squad then a certain poster needs to have a long hard look at themselves. I stress the if

They didnt have to train 28 days in a row.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2020, 07:18:34 PM

100% right

Yet in Cavan players are protected and manager gets blamed for everything. Maybe look it can tell us why players were dropped from the panel before our last home match against Dublin last year?

In Kerry no one talks about you until you've won a couple of all Ireland's. In Cavan play a couple of good games and then leave and the longer you are gone the more amazing a player you are. And of course it's the managers fault you are gone too. If only if only if only.

We won 4 Ulster u21s in a row, only the very successful Tyrone team did that. Where are they all now, is it really because of a succession of bad managers that our ulster winners have now been overtaken by players from Tyrone and donegal, players they beat over and over at u21. How can that ridiculous assertion stand up to scrutiny?
What in God's name is this tangent about?
I don't even know where to start with your posts they are so scatter gun.
Where is the rampant party culture or indiscipline in the last few panels? Stop making stuff up.
Other counties have had similar historic drop-out problems before this mess. Stop exaggerating.
And regardless implementing an absolutely crazy workload would hardly improve the rate.
We are a small county who have been in Division 1/2 for good few years. Something to be built on, not going absolutely mental with players trying to paint them in a bad light and justifying the abuse some've been getting. Some Cavan people need to grow up.
Fitness is not what has been holding us back. Our big game problems lie in first 20 mins, not last.
Strength and conditioning takes years to improve. Losing experience and dogging young lads just in will not achieve results.

We had a bad day at the office. Irony of ironies it was our worst performance I can think of in a very long time in terms of discipline and fitness against a team we should be competing with. We looked very flat.

The Big S has some things to sort out. Winnable game next week. It's very important we see some sort of reaction. A few repeat performances of Saturday and he'll need more than words.   

armaghniac

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 27, 2020, 12:22:39 AM
The Big S has some things to sort out. Winnable game next week. It's very important we see some sort of reaction. A few repeat performances of Saturday and he'll need more than words.   

Training regimes this time of year can have a big effect on performances. Cavan may well have decided not to focus on Armagh away, but to focus on getting the points in other games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 27, 2020, 12:22:39 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 26, 2020, 07:18:34 PM

100% right

What in God's name is this tangent about?
I don't even know where to start with your posts they are so scatter gun.
Where is the rampant party culture or indiscipline in the last few panels? Stop making stuff up.
Other counties have had similar historic drop-out problems before this mess. Stop exaggerating.
And regardless implementing an absolutely crazy workload would hardly improve the rate.
We are a small county who have been in Division 1/2 for good few years. Something to be built on, not going absolutely mental with players trying to paint them in a bad light and justifying the abuse some've been getting. Some Cavan people need to grow up.
Fitness is not what has been holding us back. Our big game problems lie in first 20 mins, not last.
Strength and conditioning takes years to improve. Losing experience and dogging young lads just in will not achieve results.

We had a bad day at the office. Irony of ironies it was our worst performance I can think of in a very long time in terms of discipline and fitness against a team we should be competing with. We looked very flat.

Why were players dropped from match day squad before our last game last year
What did players do following Ulster final with only a week or two to prepare for Tyrone
Why is Conor Rehill not on the panel this year after an impressive 1st year.

Answers on a postcard....