More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was anyone stuck in the traffic last night?

Was heading out for dinner last night and got the train in and there was disruptions on the Portadown line with the Dublin train delayed for a few hours!!

the taxi man was telling me he was stuck on the Westlink for two hours!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paco

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2011, 06:08:17 PM

Was heading out for dinner last night and got the train in and there was disruptions on the Portadown line with the Dublin train delayed for a few hours!!

Took a similar amount of time for me to make it from the Europa to the M2. Was mental, I seen a few men ask their wives to sit in the driver's seat while they went to get a chippy, then they came back after 20 minutes and still hadn't moved!

Evil Genius

Quote from: paco on May 28, 2011, 06:46:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2011, 06:08:17 PM

Took a similar amount of time for me to make it from the Europa to the M2. Was mental, I seen a few men ask their wives to sit in the driver's seat while they went to get a chippy, then they came back after 20 minutes and still hadn't moved!
What would be the point of getting their fella to go and get them a gravy chip, then driving off before they'd returned with it?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

paco

This was just around the corner from city hall where it was at a stand still for at least an hour, nobody was going anywhere in a hurry.

orangeman

North Belfast alert: suspicious object was bombA bomb has been found in a car in north Belfast.

About 60 residents were moved from their homes in the alert on Thursday morning at Blackdam Court off the Ligoniel Road.

Army bomb disposal experts carried out a controlled explosion. Police later confirmed that a "viable device" had been taken away for examination.

A police spokesman said people who live in the area would be allowed to return to their homes as soon as possible.

DUP MLA William Humphrey said the alert caused major disruption for residents.

"This was a very reckless indiscriminate planting of what seems to be a viable device in a built-up area," he said.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

angermanagement

Two bombs in Derry tonight only a matter of time before these clowns kill a few.

nifan

The tourist office as well. I assume this is something to do with the city of culture?

thewobbler

Quote from: nifan on January 20, 2012, 08:27:06 AM
The tourist office as well. I assume this is something to do with the city of culture?

I assume it has more to do with a complete lack of concern or understanding for what is best for the Nationalist people of Derry.

Doogie Browser

The other target was the DHSS office, these soldiers seemed to have a deep understanding of the layout of this area, they have obviously spent a lot of time in and around the locality in recent times in readiness for their attack.  We are dealing with the real deal here people, they even had the foresight not to attack the office on their signing day. 

DownFanatic

Ive said it on this board before and Ill say it again. It is only a matter of time before a couple of these misguided lunatics achieve 'the big one': a multiple fatality hit.

winghalfun

QuoteIve said it on this board before and Ill say it again. It is only a matter of time before a couple of these misguided lunatics achieve 'the big one': a multiple fatality hit

That doesn't make sense.

If any of these "misguided lunatics", which I agree they are, wanted to achieve multiple fatalities they wouldn't have phoned in a warning.

Are you saying that the dissidents hope the warnings won't be acted on or acted on quickly enough?

If the objective was multiple fatalities then surely no warnings would be given.

Bit dramatic there Downfanatic.

fitzroyalty

Colin Duffy has been cleared of the Masserene attacks.

DownFanatic

Quote from: winghalfun on January 20, 2012, 11:29:12 AM
QuoteIve said it on this board before and Ill say it again. It is only a matter of time before a couple of these misguided lunatics achieve 'the big one': a multiple fatality hit

That doesn't make sense.

If any of these "misguided lunatics", which I agree they are, wanted to achieve multiple fatalities they wouldn't have phoned in a warning.

Are you saying that the dissidents hope the warnings won't be acted on or acted on quickly enough?

If the objective was multiple fatalities then surely no warnings would be given.

Bit dramatic there Downfanatic.

They have successfully targeted PSNI officers and British Army personnel in the not too distant past. They are very capable of executing an attack on either of these groupings that will cause death.

The two recent bombs in Derry are simply to show that the dissidents are still knocking about and they can still cause havoc when they want to.

A more determined element within their ranks would cite military/police fatalities as a major coup. They have done it before and they will do it again. Mark my words.