More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clown

Gerry Kelly made a good point last night, the rioters didn't start until the parade had passed. the orangeman were away up the road home, prob having a party or some of them away on their holidays, and the rioters were still out wrecking their local area and stealing and burning their neighbours cars

Great stuff lads, that'll have Ireland freed in no time!!

why didnt they start the riot during the march?

omagh_gael

Anyone see Gerry Kelly grabbing the young lad by the scruff of the neck and pulling him away from throwing a rock. Fair play to him, pity the scumbags parents weren't out doing the same!

Rossfan

Quote from: Clown on July 16, 2010, 09:29:14 AM
Gerry Kelly made a good point last night, the rioters didn't start until the parade had passed. the orangeman were away up the road home, prob having a party or some of them away on their holidays, and the rioters were still out wrecking their local area and stealing and burning their neighbours cars

As will stealing Irish peoples' luggage off a train in Lurgan  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on July 16, 2010, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: orangeman on July 16, 2010, 07:59:30 AM
I see reports in the Irish News this morning of the "old IRA" confronting the dissidents in Belfast last night.

Changed times. Audacious on the part of the old brigade.

I think they should be congratulated.

Definitely they should be congratulated.

Both for their leadership roles and their incredible audacity. Time was Gerry used to organise the riot. 

Puckoon

I see reports in the Irish News this morning of the "old IRA" confronting the dissidents in Belfast last night.

Can you elaborate orangeman?

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on July 16, 2010, 05:29:18 PM

Can you elaborate orangeman?

Elaborate on what ?

Puckoon

The reports, what is supposed to have happened?

Some of us dont get the irish news this far west.  :)

pintsofguinness

I'd like to know if it was the old IRA or Sinn Fein's wannabe foot soldiers.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Clown on July 16, 2010, 09:29:14 AM

why didnt they start the riot during the march?
GK has a cheek, it's not so long ago shinners organised protests against Orange parades which led to riots

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Ulick

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 16, 2010, 06:52:43 PM
I'd like to know if it was the old IRA or Sinn Fein's wannabe foot soldiers.

Gerry Kelly, Bobby Storey and Eddie Copeland. Offhand between the three of them you'd be talking 50 years inside, 150days on hunger strike and three or four gunshot wounds.

ardmhachaabu

150 days on hunger strike?  Please explain

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: wikipediaUpon imprisonment in England, Kelly, and the other prisoners went on hunger strike demanding political prisoner status and to be transferred to prisons in Northern Ireland. After 205 days on hunger strike, when Kelly was force fed 170 times by prison officers, Kelly was transferred to Long Kesh prison in Northern Ireland in April 1975

Is that what you are on about?  If so, my grasp of maths makes it substantially less than 150, unless he was on a Loyalist hunger-strike

ardmhachaabu

ardmhachaabu

That's why I asked flippantly if it was a Loyalist hunger strike he was on.  The whole tradition of stailc ocrais is about not eating and in some cases drinking.  I get that the intention was there, is it fair to say he was on hunger strike the whole time though?  I don't think so