More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Blast bomb thrown at peelers in Kilwilkie in Lurgan.
Tbc....

illdecide

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 17, 2010, 01:12:53 PM

Thats what they get for wakening them lads up before noon :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on May 17, 2010, 03:40:46 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 17, 2010, 01:12:53 PM

Thats what they get for wakening them lads up before noon :D

:D :D :D

Blast bombs are thrown at police in Lurgan 

Two blast bombs and up to seven petrol bombs have been thrown at police dealing with a security alert in Lurgan, County Armagh.

A number of other missiles have been thrown at the scene of the alert in Lake Street. Six police officers suffered minor injuries.

Earlier a number of houses were evacuated due to the alert, which has now been declared a hoax.

Police have advised people to avoid the area.

Train services have now returned to normal after being disrupted by the alert.

Police said a hard core of about ten people orchestrated a crowd of up to thirty during the trouble.

The injuries suffered by the officers are understood to include ringing in the ears after the blast bombs were thrown.

One of the bombs was thrown over the roof of a house which police described as "completely indiscriminate" as those who threw the bomb could not have known who was going to be in the area where it landed.

Tbc....

Ulick

When they say "blast bombs", what are we talking about here - vinegar and baking soda/ bathroom cleaner and tin foil in a plastic bottle? That'll certainly cause some eh... sore ears. 

orangeman

Gardaí foil major dissident bomb operation
Saturday, 22 May 2010 21:17
Two men have been arrested after gardaí foiled a major dissident bombing operation this evening.

Armed gardaí led by detectives from Dundalk raided a premises at Mountpleasant, north of the town on the old Newry Road at around 7pm.

Two men, in their 30s and 50s, were found working on a trailer.

AdvertisementTwo six foot gas cylinders were discovered inside the covered trailer. They had been modified with their tops cut off and it is understood they were being prepared for a bombing operation across the border.

It is not clear if the cylinders were to be used as improvised mortars to launch an attack at a target or whether they were to be used as a large bomb.

The two men were arrested at the scene and have both been taken to Drogheda Garda Station.

The area is sealed off as Garda forensic experts examine the area and the equipment found.

Ulick

My goodness major bomb operation foiled after two empty cylinders are discovered!

Haven't head anything as flimsy since the story of my mother and her sisters getting lifted in the 50's for storing biscuit tins. Somebody in the Garda press office is earning their money tonight.

On a related note I was quite pleased with the bit of work I did today. The 7 month old is starting to crawl and stand so I got a 55 gallon drum, cut it in half, cleaned her up, lined the inside with upholstery foam and rubber. Now the wee man can hold onto the sides as he stands up and looks around - and can't crawl into any bother. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on May 22, 2010, 11:11:05 PM
My goodness major bomb operation foiled after two empty cylinders are discovered!

Haven't head anything as flimsy since the story of my mother and her sisters getting lifted in the 50's for storing biscuit tins. Somebody in the Garda press office is earning their money tonight.

On a related note I was quite pleased with the bit of work I did today. The 7 month old is starting to crawl and stand so I got a 55 gallon drum, cut it in half, cleaned her up, lined the inside with upholstery foam and rubber. Now the wee man can hold onto the sides as he stands up and looks around - and can't crawl into any bother.
Youll need to let him out at some stage if you want him to walk. That's free advice.

Ulick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 22, 2010, 11:38:19 PM
Youll need to let him out at some stage if you want him to walk. That's free advice.

Waiting till we get into the new house, too many sharp edges in this one.

Maguire01

The two men arrested were found working on the cylinders - caught red handed going by the RTE report. I'd imagine the Gardai didn't stumble across this on the off-chance.

Down South

One of the men arrested is a son of Colm Murphy, who was cleared after retrial in connection with the Omagh bomb.

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 23, 2010, 11:53:20 AM

The two men arrested were found working on the cylinders - caught red handed going by the RTE report. I'd imagine the Gardai didn't stumble across this on the off-chance.

These dissident lads are wasting their time - they're totally infiltrated.

Hereiam

No doubt about there is a mole in their ranks

Maguire01

There was a small group Behind the goals at Casement today holding up a big banner for 'Republican POWs'. It was good to see the stewards intervene after about 15 seconds.

Down South

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2010, 11:05:07 PM
Two peeler jeeps went down the Glen Road with Antrim flags attached to their windows.

How nice.

Saw a policeman coming out of a shop beside Casement this morning with a newspaper and a bottle of coke. They were putting out the cones at the time. Times have changed.

Evil Genius

Correction: two six foot gas cylinders with their tops sawn off, attached to a covered trailer.

What do you reckon they were making? A set of giant mobile flower pots?  ::)

Meanwhile, in other news, the entire population of Ireland was today declared to be made up of total feckin idiots, bar two people calling themselves "Ulick" and "Donagh"... :o
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"