More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2012, 08:25:45 PM
Quote from: Ulick on November 02, 2012, 07:36:29 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 02, 2012, 06:27:31 PM
So the prisoners are wrecking the place and then complaining about the fact that it's wrecked?

Eamonnca1 is it too much effort a read back a few pages before coming out with the facetious comments or do you prefer to put yourself in the adolescent corner with Rossfan?

Seems if you don't agree with or adore the opinions of Ulick you're not an adult.
My comment was that Ulick and another buck were in difficulty as they are not outrightly condemning this murder or the persons who carried it out while their leader Martim McGuinness was doing so.
It seems any adverse comment about SF or about Ulick and th'other yoke is just not allowed and the person who makes it has to be villified and abused from a heighth.
And then they wonder why most people in the 26 Cos. won't flock to vote for SF  :o

Not allowed to make adverse comment about SF? Say whatever the fcuk you want about SF, I don't give two shites. You are the only one who brought SF into the discussion to try take a few cheap shots, nobody else. My issue is that you accused me of supporting what happened on Thursday. Read back and you'll soon see my opinion of what happened and my re-stating of my support for the peace process. Apologies if that is at odds with how you'd like to present me, you arrogant, judgmental cretin. Seeing no problem with accusing someone of supporting what happened on Thursday but crying to a discussion board mod
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: give her dixie on November 03, 2012, 01:11:31 AM
The conditions that those held have to go through are sub human. No man or woman, no matter what they have done, or not done in the case of many, deserves to be treated in such a way in todays world. There has been a machine in place for full body scanning, however, prison warders prefer to put on rubber gloves and shove their hands up peoples rear end on an hourly basis.

The ongoing internment of Martin Corey, Marian Price and Gerry McGeough has been disgraceful, and wrong on so many levels. Marian has been held for over 500 days now and her health is very low, Martin Corey not charged, and Gerry a victim of selective justice.

The plight of the prisoners has been an elephant in the room for a few years now that no one talked about until now. Lets hope something will be done to resolve this issue very soon.
See, this is what I was saying. I don't care if the likes of Martin, Marian and Gerry have their backsides searched with a vacuum cleaner every hour, on the hour. If they hadn't sat in dark corners and planned the murder of their fellow citizens, they wouldn't be in this situation.

give her dixie

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 03, 2012, 09:00:47 AM
The conditions that those held have to go through are sub human. No man or woman, no matter what they have done, or not done in the case of many, deserves to be treated in such a way in todays world. There has been a machine in place for full body scanning, however, prison warders prefer to put on rubber gloves and shove their hands up peoples rear end on an hourly basis.

The ongoing internment of Martin Corey, Marian Price and Gerry McGeough has been disgraceful, and wrong on so many levels. Marian has been held for over 500 days now and her health is very low, Martin Corey not charged, and Gerry a victim of selective justice.

The plight of the prisoners has been an elephant in the room for a few years now that no one talked about until now. Lets hope something will be done to resolve this issue very soon.
See, this is what I was saying. I don't care if the likes of Martin, Marian and Gerry have their backsides searched with a vacuum cleaner every hour, on the hour. If they hadn't sat in dark corners and planned the murder of their fellow citizens, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Do you know what they have done to be in jail? Maybe you could shine some light on their situation? What is Martin Corey charged with?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

fitzroyalty

So you basically support the mistreatment of prisoners and/or compromise of human rights based on a perception of guilt?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: give her dixie on November 03, 2012, 11:10:23 AM

Do you know what they have done to be in jail? Maybe you could shine some light on their situation? What is Martin Corey charged with?
They've done nothing. They're all innocent victims of an oppressive British state, picked at random from BT's Yellow Pages, from the section headed 'Uppity Fenians'. There but for the grace of God, etc etc. These people have never harmed a living soul. They pose no risk to prison officers, PSNI personnel, pizza delivery boys, or assorted motorists who just happen to be driving along the M1 at any given time. They should be released immediately and allowed to take their rightful place amongst their friends and work colleagues, though in Gerry's case obviously not beside Sammy Brush.  ;)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 03, 2012, 12:58:40 PM

So you basically support the mistreatment of prisoners and/or compromise of human rights based on a perception of guilt?
The most important human right is the right to life. Those who seek to deny this most basic right to others shouldn't cry if they find themselves deprived of a few of their own rights as a consequence.

give her dixie

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 03, 2012, 01:13:06 PM

The most important human right is the right to life. Those who seek to deny this most basic right to others shouldn't cry if they find themselves deprived of a few of their own rights as a consequence.
[/quote

So, you support Internment without trial?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Puckoon

I think it's unfair to suggest that the wardens are the ones who "prefer to put on rubber gloves and shove their hands up people's rear ends on an hourly basis". I know as a man at the bottom of my work pyramid I don't make the rules. I do what I'm told.  The man murdered had a job, which cannot be underestimated in today's world. He got up daily and went to work, maybe to support a family.

He was an easy target for some sub human elements and no amount of justification or "perspective" will change that.

sheamy

As unsettling as it may be for you, the sorry history of these things shows that failure to address problems does not make them go away.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sheamy on November 03, 2012, 03:29:16 PM
As unsettling as it may be for you, the sorry history of these things shows that failure to address problems does not make them go away.

Are we going to keep harping on about history?  Because history has a way of repeating itself does that make it ok? Stupid thing to say IMO
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sheamy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2012, 03:33:33 PM

Are we going to keep harping on about history?  Because history has a way of repeating itself does that make it ok? Stupid thing to say IMO

Right so we ignore past experiences and lessons learned? Very stupid thing to say IMO

Applesisapples

If they weren't in prison to start with they wouldn't need searched. No justification for this killing. Yes Prison Officers are predominantly from the unionist community, but change is on the way.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: give her dixie on November 03, 2012, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 03, 2012, 01:13:06 PM

[/quote

So, you support Internment without trial?
Those who claim to be waging war against the state cannot, at the same time, insist that they are afforded all the usual rights and entitlements normally afforded to people living in a liberal democracy. The state's first duty is to protect its citizens. If the only way of doing that is to withdraw from a few the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then so be it. The majority of citizens recognise this to be a necessary evil. If those who find themselves at the wrong end of it don't like it, they have a choice: they can call a halt to their campaign of violence against the state.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sheamy on November 03, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2012, 03:33:33 PM

Right so we ignore past experiences and lessons learned? Very stupid thing to say IMO

Right so over 3000 people died and what have we learned?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

I'd imagine there's a lesson learned somewhere from the past 30 years re prison conditions.