Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

They're not that unpronouncable...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

One million signatures for a second vote.

BTW the DUP are odious.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Nigel White

The one reason I hope there's a re run is to rub wee Jeffrey's fruity nose in it. He was on RTE radio yesterday bragging about UK democracy and the fact that unlike the ROI when we run a referendum we accept the outcome regardless of whether we like it or not  unlike you who simply change the wording and run it again until you get the result you want

Armamike

Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2016, 02:34:56 AM
Here it is... if you voted leave you are stupid and probably a racist although these aren't mutually exclusive.

Boris will be our next Prime Minister, Scotland will leave, UK will be a laughing stock on the world stage and once all the big multinationals up sticks and leave you will be begging to get back into the EU y'know if you ever manage to get out of that recession.

The time to make a political statement was the general election not an extremely important referendum that you were too f**king stupid to comprehend which basically boiled down to immigrants bad we good!

In the medium term Ireland are going to gain a lot when these companies leave London and fair play to them. The downside is an Irish company that exports stock to the UK just saw the value of their stock drop by 7% and god knows how much more when the markets realise that BOE statement was bullshit and there really isn't anything they can practically do!

We've been shafted by stupid people who don't know the correct way to show their frustration so they listen to Garage and Boris....

In a nutshell.
That's just, like your opinion man.

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 12:13:21 PM

BTW the DUP are odious.

It's like the flag protests all over again. Don't like a result so let's do it again and again until we get the 'right' answer. Democracy, eh?

Nigel White

Quote from: Armamike on June 25, 2016, 12:28:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2016, 02:34:56 AM
Here it is... if you voted leave you are stupid and probably a racist although these aren't mutually exclusive.

Boris will be our next Prime Minister, Scotland will leave, UK will be a laughing stock on the world stage and once all the big multinationals up sticks and leave you will be begging to get back into the EU y'know if you ever manage to get out of that recession.

The time to make a political statement was the general election not an extremely important referendum that you were too f**king stupid to comprehend which basically boiled down to immigrants bad we good!

In the medium term Ireland are going to gain a lot when these companies leave London and fair play to them. The downside is an Irish company that exports stock to the UK just saw the value of their stock drop by 7% and god knows how much more when the markets realise that BOE statement was bullshit and there really isn't anything they can practically do!

We've been shafted by stupid people who don't know the correct way to show their frustration so they listen to Garage and Boris....

In a nutshell.
Just to add to that, when they do eventually come running back to rejoin, assuming that they do actually leave, they won't get in unless they join the Euro

Nigel White

Hopefully by about half seven tonight Norn Iron will be out of Europe in every sense of the word

Armamike

BTW the DUP are odious.

The DUP it seems would rather row in with the more extreme viewpoints in England than look after the interests of their home patch.  The problem for us locally is that we've politicians who aren't equipped to make decisions to improve people's lives here.  What possibly can the north gain from being out of the EU?  Better funding for farmers?  Probably not (won't be top of the list of priorities for the powers that be in London).  Easier access to the south  and other markets in Europe. No. Foreign Direct Investment? No.  Lower migration?  Possibly, but not for definite.  Chances are though there'll be fewer workers wanting to come here anywhere as the economy worsens. Improved health service?  We'll see.  More international students to our universities?  No, with the abolition of domestic fees for EU students why should French or German students enrol here and pay 3 times what they're paying now?  Less EU red tape for small business? Yes, but we'll still have our own red tape and plenty of it.

seafoid

How would the Bel Tel come up with a coherent editorial today when half the readers are rabid leave DUP and the other half are pro EU?

stiffler

Looking forward to the FREXIT tomorrow.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Armamike

Quote from: BennyCake on June 25, 2016, 12:33:24 PM

BTW the DUP are odious.

It's like the flag protests all over again. Don't like a result so let's do it again and again until we get the 'right' answer. Democracy, eh?

Benny, we've had to listen to Euro sceptics, little Englanders and the likes for the past 20-30 years bleat on about Europe and how it's been the root of all problems and but for Europe all would be right in the land of blighty. The infighting in the tory party and the scaremongering by the likes of Farage, the Mail and other media has brought us to this point.  The remain folk are entitled to voice their concerns for a day or 2!  Unlike the euro moaners though, they'll probably get on with it in the weeks and months to come and not look to others to blame for their own inadequacies.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 25, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
I went out for a run this morning. Was enjoying the fresh air, the countryside and my second captains podcast when it was taken over by Brexit talk with a couple of the English guests they had on. All doom and gloom. No place for it on a sports podcast. People worry way too much about money. No one will starve over this.
I dunno asal.
An awful lot of people in the UK already depend on food banks. This is serious shit.
People are dying earlier than they used to. Mental illness incidence is very high.

Every 1% rise in unemployment generates something like 300 extra cancers and 500 suicides in the US
Economic chaos is literally fatal for some people at the poorer end of the income spectrum

Do you just make this stuff up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35550407
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nigel White

Right it's time to set aside this negativity and look for opportunities. I'm 55 and will be retiring with a generous Civil Service lump sum and pension. I think I'll be using a bit of it to buy  a couple of sows and a transit and make me self a few quid on the border

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 25, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
I went out for a run this morning. Was enjoying the fresh air, the countryside and my second captains podcast when it was taken over by Brexit talk with a couple of the English guests they had on. All doom and gloom. No place for it on a sports podcast. People worry way too much about money. No one will starve over this.
I dunno asal.
An awful lot of people in the UK already depend on food banks. This is serious shit.
People are dying earlier than they used to. Mental illness incidence is very high.

Every 1% rise in unemployment generates something like 300 extra cancers and 500 suicides in the US
Economic chaos is literally fatal for some people at the poorer end of the income spectrum

Do you just make this stuff up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35550407

North East lower life expectancy...
2 areas in Glasgow have a 19 year difference in life expectancy.  Poverty kills.

seafoid

I have to say I don't like the Irish Times line that Europe is grand. Who stuffed Joe public with the cost of the Anglo meltdown?