Ex Mayo minor critical

Started by blast05, May 13, 2008, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westmayo

Very sad news, RIP my condolences to his family and friends

blast05

Devasted with this news. I know of very few inidividuals whose passing could have such a big effect on so many people. People had been flying in from all over Australia (even Perth) over the week and weekend to see him. A gang of 5 lads had even headed off from home to visit him in the hope that the idea of being talked to by familiar voices would help him come out of coma  .... he died while they were in transit. We had all been keeping our fingers crossed that there was going to be no brain damage .... then in the space of a few hours news first came that the first brain scan they done since the operation had looked good and doctors were happy followed by news that a chest infection he had caught had got much worse which coupled with blood pressure problems lead to heart failure.

I'm very surprised to not see this story in any news bulletins in Ireland  .... i mean it effectively a case of Irish backpacker chased and beaten to death by gang. A 21 year old had been brought forward by his father in the aftermath of this .... i guess hes now going to be charged with murder but i can't find any updates on the story in the Australian media.

Regardless of that, a terrible loss to all who knew him. Good craic, always a charmer, as skillful a footballer as you could wish to see whose career had always been hindered by a back problem from which he more or less quit playing when he was 21. Rest in peace Colm

stephenite

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/tourist-bashing-leads-to-murder-charge/2008/05/19/1211049155717.html

A 20-year-old man has been charged with murder after an Irish tourist died following an attack at Byron Bay earlier this month.

The 30-year-old victim died in hospital several days after being found in the road with severe head injuries in the early hours of May 11.

A 20-year-old man from Newrybar was charged with murder and appeared at Tweed Heads Local Court today.

He was granted conditional bail and will next at appear at Lismore Local Court on July 22.

Police continue to appeal for any witnesses to the alleged assault to contact them at Byron Bay Police Station or via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

smh.com.au

GaillimhIarthair

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a ainm.

AZOffaly

That is very, very sad news. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. RIP.

orangeman

Terrible tragedy - I can't believe I haven't heard this on the news ( or else I've missed it ).

muscles magoo

Quote from: blast05 on May 18, 2008, 11:32:35 PM

Regardless of that, a terrible loss to all who knew him. Good craic, always a charmer, as skillful a footballer as you could wish to see whose career had always been hindered by a back problem from which he more or less quit playing when he was 21. Rest in peace Colm

Couldnt have put this much better so I wont even try.

RIP

GalwayBayBoy

Rossfan

R I P. My condolences to his family.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Poor fella, God rest him, feel for his family
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Terrible News  Colm Rest in Peace
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

billy the kid

This is an absolute tragedy and no words can describe the effect of this loss on his family and friends. My heart goes out to them.

R.I.P. Colm
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!