Gaillimh -v- Ros Comáin

Started by MaroonAndWhite, May 12, 2008, 10:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Have to totally disagree with you re Cullinane GBB. I've seen both himself and Coleman at club level. Coleman has a temper alright but I dont think there is much intent with alot of what he does. He's just a very wholehearted full blooded player. Cullinane is sly and cyncial. Think you've been very kind to him in your comments overall. He's clumsy when it comes to the skills but not when it comes to hitting.

You might be right about the ref taking Shine's youth in to consideration with his foul on the keeper. Still think he would have been  most unfortunate to get a red. Cox was very stupid alright to do what he did. Especially someone of his experience.

Agree with the poster who said the ref didnt kick 10 points for Galway. He didnt alter the overall result.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GaillimhIarthair

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross matt on May 20, 2008, 03:40:10 PM
Have to totally disagree with you re Cullinane GBB. I've seen both himself and Coleman at club level. Coleman has a temper alright but I dont think there is much intent with alot of what he does. He's just a very wholehearted full blooded player. Cullinane is sly and cyncial. Think you've been very kind to him in your comments overall. He's clumsy when it comes to the skills but not when it comes to hitting.

You might be right about the ref taking Shine's youth in to consideration with his foul on the keeper. Still think he would have been  most unfortunate to get a red. Cox was very stupid alright to do what he did. Especially someone of his experience.

Agree with the poster who said the ref didnt kick 10 points for Galway. He didnt alter the overall result.

Fair enough matt. Good luck to Roscommon for the rest of the championship anyway. A win or two would be something to build on for next year.

Galforever

QuoteThat ref from the junior is always brutal!!  He is one of the worst inter county refs around to be honest.  A couple of the Sligo lads on here are not big fans of his either judging from some comments earlier in the league.

yeah, I agree but he was giving most of the iffy decisions to Roscommon!

By the way, I heard a few comments on the radio from ros fans saying the future is good and stating how ye had young players on that junior team. I dont think I ever saw a match as poor as that one or a team so undeserving to win it. If Leitrim had any forwards at all, they would have won!

ross matt

Thanks GBB.
There's a chance they can build for the qualifiers with 9 weeks to work on it. Plus Ryan has pulled the likes of experienced heads David Casey, John Whyte, Paul Noone back on to the panel where he also has Frankie Dolan. O'Neill should get fitter (although after his antics again on Sunday I dont think he's ever going to grow up). Gary Cox could be pushed in to centre forward. That would give the team a spine and take pressure of Keenan, Shine, O'Gara, Mullaney etc who are all in the 19-20 bracket and even with all ireland minor medals in their pockets they still cant carry a senior intercounty side.

However that's all clutching at straws really. The last number of years have been a shambles and the structure of the panel is all over the place. Young promising minors having their morale destroyed after heavy hammerings in league and championship....... 28-31 year olds surplus to requirements leaving a massive gap in maturity and experience....a 30 year old manager with no experience of same even at club level.....

I think a good run in the qualfiers even if it was achieved would only gloss over alot of the above problems. We need Fergie O'Donnell to be given the reins and whatever backroom team he needs to build from bottom up. Then the patience to wait a mininmum of 3 years for us to become competitive and credible again as a football force.

moysider

Coleman did a fair bit of clipping in Salthill last year and lets just say it was noted. Not that we ve anybody about anymore to put him in his place. Cullinane is mostly clumsy and is so big and awkward he d hurt you even if he did nt mean to but sometimes he certainly means to. His kicking out the last day was pure petulance - usually he s cuter than that. He should have walked for it. I d be worried about our ability to deal with this if we meet. What Cox did was silly. If I m not mistaken he was on a black plus the earlier yellow. If that s the case it was a mistake not to replace him. I often think the black book is the ref giving the line a chance to get their man off, especially a defender. Not a fan of McQuillan and as for Corcoran.......... Throw in Duffy who ref the minor match on Sat.

ross matt

Yeah Cox was on a yellow and a black alright Moysider but in fairness they probably didnt have many options on the line re taking him off.

Rossie11

Eamon Towey had been warming up since just after half time. Presume he was on the way for him.