Managing pitch schedules

Started by blast05, December 13, 2015, 11:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

I have been asked to help out with putting a bit of structure on the clubs pitch scheduling (i.e.: scheduling when the various teams train and play and on which pitches).... put a bit of structure on it and communication to all parties, etc, etc.

So, i'm writing to get a feel of how other clubs manage this and what 'tooling' they use ? I have a few ideas from other clubs experiences but just trying to get as broad a picture as possible before making some recommendations.

Interestingly, i haven't been able to find an app that would suit this .... e.g.: contains a calendar type schedule that can be viewed per day, week, etc, that can be filtered for a particular team, that can be administered & edited by a select number of people (say the secretaries of the various parts of the clubs - juvenile, ladies, senior, etc) but can be used with read-only rights by all club mentors who download it.

Cheers

armaghniac

Would any calendar app not allow read only access etc?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blast05 on December 13, 2015, 11:22:50 PM
I have been asked to help out with putting a bit of structure on the clubs pitch scheduling (i.e.: scheduling when the various teams train and play and on which pitches).... put a bit of structure on it and communication to all parties, etc, etc.

So, i'm writing to get a feel of how other clubs manage this and what 'tooling' they use ? I have a few ideas from other clubs experiences but just trying to get as broad a picture as possible before making some recommendations.

Interestingly, i haven't been able to find an app that would suit this .... e.g.: contains a calendar type schedule that can be viewed per day, week, etc, that can be filtered for a particular team, that can be administered & edited by a select number of people (say the secretaries of the various parts of the clubs - juvenile, ladies, senior, etc) but can be used with read-only rights by all club mentors who download it.

Cheers

We use this [url]http://fastcourts.com/owen-roes-gfc-leckpatrick//[url]

I think it's £50 a year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bingo

We would meet with a representative from each team at the beginning of each month when the fixtures are known. The fixtures are put in the schedule first and then each teams preferred training time. Any clashes are ironed out there and then and leaving the meeting everyone knows their next 4/5 week plan.

This is then emailed round by the secretary. Any changes to it must be notified to her and only into available slots as per the original schedule.

Works very well, was harder for the first period last year but everyone nearly knows going into the meeting now their own plans.

Apps and online stuff just  wouldn't work as I feel people would leave it late to look or not add their session and then there would be clashes when two teams turn up.

manfromdelmonte

Online is all very well, but you cannot beat a big whiteboard with the days and times on it.

I think a combo of the two would work best

illdecide

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 14, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
Online is all very well, but you cannot beat a big whiteboard with the days and times on it.

I think a combo of the two would work best

Yeah we have a big 8' x 4' white board in the club with the current week on top and following week on the bottom so everyone can see who's playing where and training over the next 2 weeks...works well but i think after about the first 4-6 weeks in evey one sort of knows what nights belong to what teams and times too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MusclesMagoo

Quote from: blast05 on December 13, 2015, 11:22:50 PM

Cheers

Jaysus I thought to myself after reading the first couple of lines that the new pitch development must have come on at a serious pace since I was home last. Then I copped on... :)