Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Dubh driocht on November 04, 2018, 06:02:15 PM
Best team won alright but an unbelievable decision by Hurson not to award a penalty in the 60th minute. Disappointed that all three of our football representatives have fallen at the first hurdle again. County Board timing for the awards questionable to say the least

jesus wept  ::)
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Targetman

Looked like a clear cut penalty to all but the referee, also I don't think I've seen a goalie score from open play until Beggan did today, a good last 15 from Burren but not enough

SamFever

Best team won alright but an unbelievable decision by Hurson not to award a penalty in the 60th minute. Disappointed that all three of our football representatives have fallen at the first hurdle again. County Board timing for the awards questionable to say the least
What date would have suited then?

Smurfy123

Catch yourself on ffs. Some tubes about this board. Blaming an awards night on defeats over the weekend? Burren were soundly beaten today and it's where this county is at the minute. Great comeback but down to the lack of accuracy by Scotstown. Not many potential Down players on show today. McKernan maybe

supersub

Re last sentence - one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this board and I've read some shite excuse my French. Plus ill informed I'll add.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Caitlin on November 04, 2018, 07:23:56 PM
I would have thought the awards would have been better in December or after the Ulster Club Championship. Bit unfair to have Donal Hughes on a night out in Newry hours before he had to make the long journey to Cootehill for a 2pm throw-in (plus extra time).
I'm sure Kevin McKernan could have done without a night out 36 hours before his club's biggest game in years. I think Burren were serious contenders for Ulster if they had got past Scotstown and it would have been nice to have the McFerran cup at a Down presentation for the first time in 30 years.

with respect, that's just an retrospective assumption with little foundation

awards could have been accepted on their behalf if preparation would be an issue

the date for the dinner was set last year and with guests travelling from all parts of Ireland and overseas it could not have been easy to schedule.

the day after the anniversary of the GAA being formed was a nice touch.

2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

champion1981

😀any word of downjim ?  burren were beat by a better team!!

downjim

We were the last team to win Ulster and we will be the next team, that's for sure. A great year for the club and we are going to continue adding folks.

Ambrose

Quote from: downjim on November 04, 2018, 08:29:52 PM
We were the last team to win Ulster and we will be the next team, that's for sure. A great year for the club and we are going to continue adding folks.

You're not selling the caravan then? I suppose we can expect to see more mobile homes springing up around the 12 townlands.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: downjim on November 04, 2018, 08:29:52 PM

Is that the transfer window open now Jim?

Who are youse looking to swoop for first? [Or is it all hush hush until negotiations are complete?]
i usse an speelchekor

champion1981

🙈was slaughtneil not the last team to win ulster?🤔
few boys from armagh 2 or 3 from the point direction  few from newry and yous might push on in ulster lol

Lloyd p

Fair play to RGU on winning their playoff game v an riocht on Saturday albeit by using players that should really have been serving out their deserved suspensions.makes a mockery of the whole system and must find themselves very lucky to still be playing in division 1 next year.

befair

Quote from: Lloyd p on November 05, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
Fair play to RGU on winning their playoff game v an riocht on Saturday albeit by using players that should really have been serving out their deserved suspensions.makes a mockery of the whole system and must find themselves very lucky to still be playing in division 1 next year.

How did that happen? Were the suspensions appealed?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Lloyd p on November 05, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
imo if one team finishes 7 points ahead of the other then they deserve to stay up.
nil satis nisi optimum

Lloyd p

Wouldn't disagree with that Sheedy but the fact remains allowing suspended players to play on Saturday had a big say in them staying up after a one off game in which they won by a point..The rules need to be looked at.