All Ireland Fleadh 2018

Started by Dougal Maguire, August 19, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

It's in Drogheda this year. Was a bit apprehensive but they're putting up a good show.
Careful now

Hardy

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 19, 2018, 01:14:00 PM
It's in Drogheda this year. Was a bit apprehensive but they're putting up a good show.
Why?

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2018, 01:35:55 PM
Why?

Heart of the Pale, where Cromwell killed all the Irish people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Why?

In fairness, I'm a bit apprehensive about going into Drogheda at any time, regardless of whether there's an event on or not.

Hardy

Joking aside, you probably don't realise the depth of the Irish music tradition in Drogheda.

gallsman

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Joking aside, you probably don't realise the depth of the Irish music tradition in Drogheda.

Oh I do. Just getting the cheap joke in about the fact it's a shithole.

Dougal Maguire

Why?
Size and layout of the town, plus it's only half an hour from home. Would usually come for 8 days but decided just to come for the weekend. I regret that now
Careful now

magpie seanie

It's a brilliant event. We had it in Sligo a few years back and it was just class.

Tatler Jack

Big win for Tyrone as Blackwater Ceili Band win the prestigious AI Ceili band competition. Could be an omen 🏆🎼😜

Dougal Maguire

I was somewhat disappointed at the number of venues that had bands playing and disco music blaring over the street Weavers being one obvious example. Not exactly the tradition of the Fleadh. It sort of started in Derry and it's been increasing in recent times.
Careful now