Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Well done Kilcoo. What a great game entertaining from start to finish. And the best team won. Hope they can win the All Ireland now . And hopefully the Down team can get the benefit of some of those players.

6th sam

Quote from: snoopdog on December 01, 2019, 10:33:59 PM
Well done Kilcoo. What a great game entertaining from start to finish. And the best team won. Hope they can win the All Ireland now . And hopefully the Down team can get the benefit of some of those players.

Great performance, combination of workrate and quality footballers all over the field, who know what to do with the ball. Culmination of years of hard graft. Well done Kilcoo and best of luck in All-Ireland. 

Mourne Red

Superb game! Nerves were wrecked for them watching the last few minutes god knows how the supporters and players felt.. I don't think I've seen a better performance in a club game than Brannigan put on yesterday, was inspirational. Can't help but admire the hard work and graft Kilcoo put in by their community to get the club to where it is now. Hopefully they can go on and win the All-Ireland now, can they beat Corofin? I don't know but wish them all the best

Sandstorm

Excellent programme on BBC tonight. Explained exactly what the GAA means to a community. Well worth a look on iplayer

Maurice Moss

Wasn't a dry eye in the house after watching the BBC programme.

Puts it all into perspective what the GAA is all about.

johnnycool

Well done the Magpies.

Should really have won by more but Ulster championships are hard won and won't be forgotten any time soon.

Last Caress

Quote from: Sandstorm on December 03, 2019, 11:27:59 PM
Excellent programme on BBC tonight. Explained exactly what the GAA means to a community. Well worth a look on iplayer
Watched this myself. Agree its worth a look.

angermanagement

Great show. Terry O'Hanlon has put in some commitment to the cause over the years.

yewtree

Great result for Kilcoo on Sunday well done to all.

But it is now a bit nauseating,all the comments.They are no different to clubs and chairmen up and down the country , all have serious commitment.Not much difference to commitment shown by coaches at Rossowen or Newry City or Warrenpoint Gaelic , it just sounds so oh unreal commitment ,nonsense all sports club up and down Northern Ireland have committed people.To talk about a club having all the right ideals seems to me very hypocritical in an amateur association they have all these paid personnel.

It was the poorest standard of an Ulster Club in years and really not surprised Kilcoo won.But some on here need to get a grip and coming out with all these cheesy words about Kilcoo.

It seemed to be a very poorly attended game.Now moving on who are the new faces in at County this year.Ross McGarry must be given proper and sustained game time.

Last Caress

Quote from: yewtree on December 04, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
Great result for Kilcoo on Sunday well done to all.

But it is now a bit nauseating,all the comments.They are no different to clubs and chairmen up and down the country , all have serious commitment.Not much difference to commitment shown by coaches at Rossowen or Newry City or Warrenpoint Gaelic , it just sounds so oh unreal commitment ,nonsense all sports club up and down Northern Ireland have committed people.To talk about a club having all the right ideals seems to me very hypocritical in an amateur association they have all these paid personnel.

It was the poorest standard of an Ulster Club in years and really not surprised Kilcoo won.But some on here need to get a grip and coming out with all these cheesy words about Kilcoo.

It seemed to be a very poorly attended game.Now moving on who are the new faces in at County this year.Ross McGarry must be given proper and sustained game time.
Everyone keep posting the comments. If its annoying this p***k then keep posting them. Well done kilcoo. Hoping they do well in the semi final.  How moving on, how is Northern Ireland team doing these days.

imtommygunn

;D Did kilcoo win the Northern Ireland sfc at the weekend? What was a Donegal team doing in it lol.

Ed Hardy

All very quiet on the county front, hard to believe season starts again at the end of this month. Any word on who's been called into the panel for McKenna cup? Seen R Mc Garry & J McCartan names mentioned on this. 

Cuan12

Typical comment from Yewtree, chip on shoulder, can't congratulate Kilcoo on a magnificent achievement, has to drag soccer clubs into his post, he is right that right across  the board there is serious commitment given by all coaches in all sports and you only get out what you put in andKilcoo have and continue to put in a serious amount of work , I'm not their biggest fan but admire their achievements thus far and would love to see them win the lot, also Richard head you can't have watched the Ulster final.  Kilcoo s performance was excellent , standard was very good, and while Ross McGarry is an outstanding club player I can't see him being a success at county level, I sincerely hope I'm wrong for the sake of the county team but time will tell.

snoopdog

Was it yewtree who was slagging off  intermediate and junior clubs on here a few months back. The guy is cluless he should stick to lfc now they have woken up after 30 years. Cluelesstree

johnnycool

Plans submitted for Ballykinlar.

All systems are go it seems.