China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2020, 09:38:33 AM
Galway city fairly dead for the races. Dunno how many businesses will survive this. Was like walking around Portrush in the middle of December.

First time in years I won't be in Galway for at least a day or two during race week but I had heard reports that the hotels are all booked out so I thought it would still be busy enough if not quite the usual manic busyness of race week.

five points

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 28, 2020, 12:54:33 PM
Galway city fairly dead for the races. Dunno how many businesses will survive this. Was like walking around Portrush in the middle of December.

First time in years I won't be in Galway for at least a day or two during race week but I had heard reports that the hotels are all booked out so I thought it would still be busy enough if not quite the usual manic busyness of race week.

It looked deserted in the middle of the day on last night's RTE news and there was a very downbeat air to the people they interviewed.

Some of the tour bus hotels in Kerry are shut until next year. The same may be going on in Galway.

ONeill

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 28, 2020, 12:54:33 PM

Seemed to be more just walking around Salthill and Spiddal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

40 in 26 counties and 9 in the 6 counties today. Always a bounce after the weekend, you wouldn't want this every day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2020, 06:18:26 PM
40 in 26 counties and 9 in the 6 counties today. Always a bounce after the weekend, you wouldn't want this every day.

Tuesday the last few weeks has included Sunday, Monday cases.  What was reported Sunday 12,Monday 11,today 40. In reality it's 21 cases a day the last 3 days.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2020, 07:24:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2020, 06:18:26 PM

Tuesday the last few weeks has included Sunday, Monday cases.  What was reported Sunday 12,Monday 11,today 40. In reality it's 21 cases a day the last 3 days.

Indeed, but it a 10% increase even averaged out.

Rossfan

14 today with I think 8(?) in hospital.
She's on the rise on the Continent though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2020, 08:13:15 PM
14 today with I think 8(?) in hospital.
She's on the rise on the Continent though.

If you are not careful this plague will kick off, it isn't the case that you can ease up even if there aren't that many cases.
Hong Kong had feck all cases all along and now they have had to close restaurants.

screenexile

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 30, 2020, 03:20:51 PM
Attention Nordies! Contact tracing app for Android and iOS now launched...

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hscni.covidtracker&hl=en_GB
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stopcovid-ni/id1519404160

Big Brother at his finest. . . why would I want the Govt to see what I'm doing on FB/Snapchat/Twitter etc. the whole thing is just a ruse to invade our privacy!!

Rossfan

I suppose it is if you spend your time laundering diesel or other illegal activities ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2020, 04:25:49 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 30, 2020, 03:20:51 PM
Attention Nordies! Contact tracing app for Android and iOS now launched...

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hscni.covidtracker&hl=en_GB
Apple - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stopcovid-ni/id1519404160

Big Brother at his finest. . . why would I want the Govt to see what I'm doing on FB/Snapchat/Twitter etc. the whole thing is just a ruse to invade our privacy!!

If one is on any those sites more than likely your privacy is already invaded.

armaghniac

85 cases in 26 counties. That is increase, whatever way you look at it. Mostly in a factory, that needs to be understood.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2020, 06:24:19 PM
85 cases in 26 counties. That is increase, whatever way you look at it. Mostly in a factory, that needs to be understood.

Big increase from recent days and the weekly average that was 18 cases per day. Hopefully its a once off and we get back to 20 or less cases tomorrow.

rodney trotter

It was said last few if there was a period of 80 to 100 cases a day they would go back to phase 2

Smurfy123

But but but Rodney only 6 people in the whole of the South of Ireland in hospital with Coronavirus. That includes icu. A whole 6
Shows younger people getting it and basically don't need much treatment
Move back to phase 2 quick