All Ireland qualifier: Antrim v Kerry

Started by imtommygunn, July 19, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Quote from: ONeill on July 23, 2009, 08:41:52 PM
Cmon Antrim. 4 wins and Sam's for the Falls.
Can we bring it down to Bangor for the day? Antrim man, but now living in a foreigh county now :D

ONeill

Bangor wants Sam.

Anyone any idea what's on these wristbands the saffrons are wearing?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clawaddy

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on July 23, 2009, 09:23:56 PM
Bangor wants Sam.

Anyone any idea what's on these wristbands the saffrons are wearing?

"In the event of a nose bleed then push head back and press side of nostril"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mike Sheehy

Quotebecause of injuries or his lack of respect for Antrim?

The only disrespect being shown by the two managers this week is by your manger with his smartarse comments about the Kerry support.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 23, 2009, 10:43:53 PM

The only disrespect being shown by the two managers this week is by your manger with his smartarse comments about the Kerry support.

He's got a point though. How many Kerry fans will make the journey up? Will they out number the Antrim fans?

magickingdom

Quote from: hardstation on July 23, 2009, 10:57:11 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 23, 2009, 10:43:53 PM

Although I still believe that Baker should be made Pope, I agree with Mike. There was no need for Baker's comment about the Kerry support. It was out of order. It was an unnecessary, cheap dig and probably* a load of bollix. How many Antrim fans were in Ballybofey? Imagine Antrim slagging Kerry about their attendances...... Concentrate on the football, Liam, we're playing Kerry ffs.

*I have no idea if it is bollix or not but I would imagine it is. Baker has probably added to the numbers travelling from Kerry.

in all fairness hardstation he really should shut up, i can see why paddy (probably the best foward in ireland) might be a bit of a nut now..... as the saying goes 'whats the kitten got but the cats walk'

Aaron Boone

Why was it moved forward to 2pm on Sunday?

Rocky Mc Guigan

Cheap shot- he doesn't have the kudos yet to be making such remarks no matter how true they are

magickingdom

maybe i was unfair about paddy but his jumping in and out of 'retirement' a few weeks ago was odd

magickingdom

Quote from: hardstation on July 23, 2009, 11:19:47 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on July 23, 2009, 11:17:08 PM
maybe i was unfair about paddy but his jumping in and out of 'retirement' a few weeks ago was odd
I have no idea what happened there though. Never underestimate the Derry rumour-mill.

or the kerry one at the minute!

Archie Mitchell

So what big Kerry players wont be playing this weekend if the rumours are true. Gooch? Dara O'Se?

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think Bradley's comments were calculated (if somewhat or grossly unfair): the righteous indignation from certain quarters only serves to galvanise the team and fosters an 'us against them' and "up and at 'em" mentality within the team, and that's what Antrim will need buckets of in Tullamore on Sunday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 23, 2009, 11:23:19 PM
So what big Kerry players wont be playing this weekend if the rumours are true. Gooch? Dara O'Se?

rumours in kerry stay in kerry!

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 23, 2009, 11:32:33 PM
I think Bradley's comments were calculated (if somewhat or grossly unfair): the righteous indignation from certain quarters only serves to galvanise the team and fosters an 'us against them' and "up and at 'em" mentality within the team, and that's what Antrim will need buckets of in Tullamore on Sunday.

fear, what antrim should have done was kept it low key and concentrate on the football. throw up another 15 points and you never know what might happen

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on July 23, 2009, 11:39:22 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 23, 2009, 11:32:33 PM

fear, what antrim should have done was kept it low key and concentrate on the football. throw up another 15 points and you never know what might happen

True mk, though I think he would have gauged who has more to lose, the Kingdom or themselves. The fixtures committee have outdone themselves once more with the Provincial Final losers having to go out again 6 or 7 days later (talk about regression!), and as well aware as he is of the abysmal record of the losing finalists in the subsequent qualifying rounds, he was attempting to inject something more than the usual. Would agree with the sentiments of Tommy Lyons, and on how he has talked solid sense for once, in his suggestion that the losing finalists should at least have home advantage, as reward for their relative progress.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...