Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM
Scorsese's The Departed was on TV the other night.

I hadn't seen it in years and it starts off really well but the actual end is a bit fucked up to say the least.
You mean the final scenes in the lift and after?  Have you worked out the whys yet?
Although i hold the original Infernal Affairs in the highest regard, I loved the Scorcese tribute version.

tbrick18

Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2020, 12:03:15 AM

I hadn't seen it in years and it starts off really well but the actual end is a bit fucked up to say the least.
You mean the final scenes in the lift and after?  Have you worked out the whys yet?
Although i hold the original Infernal Affairs in the highest regard, I loved the Scorcese tribute version.

Why?
I never really thought too much about the whys....feel free to share! I actually love that movie.

gallsman

Didn't realise there was a "why" to be worked out in the movie. The story is fully told in the film.

nrico2006

Thought the Departed story was fully told in the film myself.  Decent film but is definitely over-rated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: gallsman on June 01, 2020, 12:49:42 PM
Didn't realise there was a "why" to be worked out in the movie. The story is fully told in the film.
You're so smart you obviously had it all worked out before the last bullet hit the target.

Main Street

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 01, 2020, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 01, 2020, 12:03:15 AM

Why?
I never really thought too much about the whys....feel free to share! I actually love that movie.
I was answering Johnny Cool who didn't like the ending,  I wondered if he had worked out all the angles of the shootings, the why of the sudden emergence of the  second snitch and why he was instantly shot  etc etc, because I thought the ending was quite good.
Obviously if you liked the film, you liked the endings, there's no hidden mysteries to be revealed.

Newbridge Exile

Watched  Dating Amber  last night on prime and enjoyed it,  funny and poignant with an excellent cast and a  good soundtrack as well.

gallsman

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 10, 2020, 06:16:45 PM
Watched  Dating Amber  last night on prime and enjoyed it,  funny and poignant with an excellent cast and a  good soundtrack as well.

Thought it was shite to be honest, all the comedy was in the trailer basically and it didn't examine the characters closely enough to make it worthwhile as an exploration of their angst.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2020, 07:15:36 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 10, 2020, 06:16:45 PM

Thought it was shite to be honest, all the comedy was in the trailer basically and it didn't examine the characters closely enough to make it worthwhile as an exploration of their angst.
Each to their own as they say.

HiMucker

The last days of American crime

A whopper of a shite film

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on June 10, 2020, 08:36:48 PM
The last days of American crime

A whopper of a shite film

Couldn't beat,  The Platform !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Started to watch the big short about a year ago, wife lost interest in it about two minutes so rather than watching it I put it on the back burner.

Watched it tonight, cracking show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2020, 11:35:16 PM
Started to watch the big short about a year ago, wife lost interest in it about two minutes so rather than watching it I put it on the back burner.

Superb show - right up there with others films of the same genre

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Taylor on June 11, 2020, 09:28:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2020, 11:35:16 PM

Superb show - right up there with others films of the same genre

Margin Call from the same era was quite good too.

mrdeeds

Quite enjoyed the Eurovision movie. Cheesy as hell like and not going to win any awards but decent. Great music in it.