2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: SCFC on June 02, 2019, 03:50:58 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 01, 2019, 08:40:00 PM
Quote from: Mad Mentor on June 01, 2019, 07:39:13 PM
All the young lads love Buff. They were sitting around him last year like he was a God, my own lad included. I'll be interested to see if he's grown up in the year. (My lad, not Buff). In fairness to Buff he's probably done more than the GAA, RTE etc. to raise the profile of second tier hurling.

Yeah, he's been fantastic. Not everybody's cup of tea but his coversge is first class.  Anyone who puts in the work he does deserves credit.

Compare him and The Sunday Game re: Mc Donagh Cup. No comparsion at all. He travels everywhere for games.

Keep 'er lit Buff!
Ah I dunno. To me it's a case of young lads laughing at him not with him. He's obviously a bit simple but sure I suppose he's doing no harm.

Nice language for 2019!!! I could'nt care what his IQ level is.

He's a good interest in hurling, promotes it well - every level so fair play to him.

Fair play to him.

G@@

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 01, 2019, 03:28:16 PM
I can see they are streaming the match live but all I get is a black screen. It appears it is not available for viewing in the States, which is typical but sucks.

Some VPN software should sort that - are you viewing on a laptop, tablet or iPad?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

Hi, G@@.

That's what I would have thought but on a thread in "GAA Discussion" a lad in England said he was going through a VPN and he got the same black, silent screen--and he tried it on two devices.

At the time, I was trying to view it on my iPad.

I'm not giving up yet, though.

Edit added: I just found a VPN that has a server in Ireland. I'll give it a gamble.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Well, crap! >:(  I signed up with a highly recommend VPN service, pick a server in Ireland, clicked the Sunday Game on the RTÉ Player, and still got the message, "This programme cannot be streamed due to rights restrictions."

What's interesting is that there is a streaming service in Denmark that limits the programs available for viewing outside of the country. When a pick I server there, in Denmark, I can see all the shows they usually restrict.

I guess I'm stuck watching live football in Denmark, then.  :'(

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

MasterJ

Quote from: G@@ on June 02, 2019, 07:17:47 PM
I can see they are streaming the match live but all I get is a black screen. It appears it is not available for viewing in the States, which is typical but sucks.

Some VPN software should sort that - are you viewing on a laptop, tablet or iPad?
You could go to TG4 player and watch the highlights there!!!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: MasterJ on June 03, 2019, 08:24:13 AM
Quote from: G@@ on June 02, 2019, 07:17:47 PM

You could go to TG4 player and watch the highlights there!!!
Yes, that's what I will be doing.

I emailed GAAGO to try to pursuade them to stream the full matches that are shown on GAA Now. We'll see if that goes anywhere. Thanks for the suggestions, MasterJ.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Quote from: MasterJ on May 27, 2019, 07:32:48 AM
Does anyone know when Ben Conroy is due to return?

Actually, it seems from LaoisToday that he's in contention for a place this weekend, which would be good going! However, Mark Kavanagh is out w/ a knee injury of his own. Quite a blow considering how good he's been this season.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on June 04, 2019, 12:59:30 PM

Actually, it seems from LaoisToday that he's in contention for a place this weekend, which would be good going! However, Mark Kavanagh is out w/ a knee injury of his own. Quite a blow considering how good he's been this season.
Kavanagh is on crutches, given his history, I'd be very worried for him. Poor kid.

Helix.

Quote from: Don Draper on June 04, 2019, 01:43:55 PM

Kavanagh is on crutches, given his history, I'd be very worried for him. Poor kid.

A right kick in the balls for Mark. Speedy recovery whatever the outcome of the injury is!

burdizzo

Terrible, absolutely terrible. He is probably the most skilful Laois have had in years. Suppose Ross King will go on frees, but who will take the sidelines?

redsetanta

Ah FFS and Kavanagh has been playing really well. The hurlers haven't fared great with injuries the past few seasons. Ben Conroy back is a big plus though. Cruciate in October and available to play in June is fair going.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

I think LaoisToday were premature re Ben. He's back training about a week.
He has an outside chance of being available for any Final or subsequent play-off but he's not in contention for Kerry or Westmeath matches. PJ Scully and Steven Dunphy both left the panel since the Kerry game.

Giovanni

Very sorry for Mark Kavanagh.

Agree with the Burdizzo about his skill levels. He's added a serious workrate this year too, which has made him a really valuable player.

Does anyone know how long he's likely to be out. Terrible news.

redsetanta

Beat Kerry this weekend and we have a final at the end of the month. Draw with them and we're still in pole position also Offaly's relegation is confirmed. A defeat and a victory for Westmeath in Dunloy puts 4 teams on 4 points going in to the last round.

Hard to see Westmeath beating Antrim up there but McDonagh games are very unpredictable at the best of times.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

I just got an email from the GAA Digital Content Manager regarding live streaming of matches on GAA Now. She said the games were not geo-blocked and should be viewable anywhere. So, it must be a technical issue on my end or somewhere in between here and there. I sure hope I can get it figured out before Saturday.  :(
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!