Celebrity Bainisteoir

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, July 05, 2011, 12:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: armaghniac on October 15, 2012, 01:18:11 PM
QuoteOnly a Looney could create such a show

The fact that they continue to show it suggests that they have a reasonable audience. So it meets the requirements of a TV programme. I think it is positive enough in GAA terms, showcasing things to a general audience and providing a bit of a boost to the clubs involved.

Yeah I'd say ya wouldn't get too many GAA fans waching but celebrity fans would love it.

The Biff

I do think the GAA Clubs involved are coming out fairly well out of it.  The Community spirit displayed is always very strong, and the Celebs all seem to learn to preach a glowing positive message about their new-found love for the game.

I never doubt that it is first-and-foremost a TV show.  But even in that regard, it's a pity to hear about that "lock-out" experience mentioned above.  That's the part I'd like to hear more about, i.e. where the TV aspect actually interfered with the Training and/or matches.  That's not good.

Last night also showed Ciaran Whelan showing Mary Byrne some footage of herself bleating at the Ref in the previous game.  My first thought ... Uh Oh, here's the GAA Hierarchy "hijacking" this programme to preach their "Respect the Refs" campaign.  But then it seemed that Calum Best did the same thing in the match, so maybe not.

I wonder did the Moy Davitt's lads actually eat any of those sandwiches.   :o

The matches themselves come out fairly well, although they have obviously been editted down to leave out all the missed frees that feature in most Junior games.  Even the scrapping doesn't look too bad.

Next week has Roz training them Longford hoors and she wearing next to nathin'.  Even you'd watch that Hardy.  Come on now, admit it.   :P
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

magpie seanie

ballinaman

Gazzler

Mayo finally win an All Ireland.

From the Bunker

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.