Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 21, 2018, 06:00:17 PM
Stockholm is a lovely city, if you get a chance go to the Vasa ship museum, have a dander round Gamla Stan and take a boat trip around some of the islands.

Where would be the best location to stay in Stockholm to get as much in as possible in three days? 

Had hoped to take the high speed train from Oslo but works on the tracks during the summer have curtailed the release of tickets to date so I might take the plane.

Hotels seem to be very reasonable especially when compared to other large cities especially Dublin so we should find one in most locations.

playwiththewind1st

I remember  that I stayed in a hotel right  outside the  Central train station in Stockholm where the Arlanda express from the Airport got in... can't recall  the name, but handy enough.

manfromdelmonte

Stockholm is a lovely city, if you get a chance go to the Vasa ship museum, have a dander round Gamla Stan and take a boat trip around some of the islands.
Hire bikes.
Fantastic city with islands and walkways and cycleways all around each island
So many green spaces too
Some lovely restaurant too
Been there 5/6 times

manfromdelmonte

Save your money and stay in a hostel
Prepare lunch, put it in a backpack and off ye go

tyrone girl

Found the best waterpark in the  Algarve is Aquashow. Only opened about 5 years maybe. Depends i suppose on where you are. We stay in Vilamoura and its only about 5/10 mins away. You would be near an hour if coming from Albufeira.

mouview

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 22, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
Hire bikes.
So many green spaces too
Been there 5/6 times

Wouldn't be the cheapest destination I'd imagine?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: mouview on April 23, 2018, 10:16:46 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 22, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
Hire bikes.
So many green spaces too
Been there 5/6 times

Wouldn't be the cheapest destination I'd imagine?
Eating out isn't bad price wise

Alcohol is pricey though

In good weather just get take out from off licence and enjoy the parks.
Beware, they close at 3pm on Saturdays and closed on Sundays. They are all state owned too

nrico2006

Anybody been to legoland?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2018, 11:07:40 AM

I was about 6 years ago. Mighty job. Stayed in Marlowe, and had my own car. Good parking in Legoland, and Windsor is a nice town to stroll a couple of hours as well. Legoland is mental busy at times, so those Q-Bots or whatever they are called are worth their weight in gold.

Boycey

I've been at LEGOLAND Windsor and the one in Denmark in my time, both pretty much identical I think and both extremely enjoyable. AZ is right Windsor is a nice place to wander around afterwards as is Ascot which is just up the road. Bear in mind that kids in the UK don't get hols til mid July, we went mid week in late June or early July and it was relatively easy to get on anything you wanted.

nrico2006

How long would you be looking to stay there for?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 25, 2018, 12:52:36 PM
How long would you be looking to stay there for?

We did 3 days. If you wanted you could combine it with Chessington World of Adventures and extend a couple of days. That was also lovely, and is down near Epsom, only about half an hour from Legoland.

Don Johnson

Quote from: HiMucker on January 02, 2017, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: Upthecut on January 02, 2017, 09:22:47 PM
Folks, looking to head away at the start of July with the boss and 2 kids. Thinking of mainland Spain or one of the islands. Any recommendations for all-inclusive hotels?
try magic natura.  Its just outside benidorm.  We didnt leave the compound once and spent the total of 30 euro while there.

Have booked this for the first week of June - have heard good reports about it so really looking forward to it. Think the child will have an absolute ball.

GJL

I went and rented a house in Windsor for a week. (called hopscotch cottage if your interested) Legoland is fantastic. Better than Disney Land Paris in my opinion. The speedy passes are a must. Windsor is really nice and we did a tour of the castle which was interesting enough. Peppa pig world is about an hours drive away too if your kids are small enough for that.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2018, 10:04:14 AM

I went and rented a house in Windsor for a week. (called hopscotch cottage if your interested) Legoland is fantastic. Better than Disney Land Paris in my opinion. The speedy passes are a must. Windsor is really nice and we did a tour of the castle which was interesting enough. Peppa pig world is about an hours drive away too if your kids are small enough for that.

+1

Though it was many years ago when our children were young.  Staying in Windsor is a great location with plenty of rentals available within and just beyond the town.  You also include a run into London from Windsor for another day out.