Ticket Prices

Started by toby47, January 12, 2023, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 13, 2023, 08:34:02 PM
Recent accounts for last year show more money made, as in a certain amount of money wasn't making it way back to Croke Park. Of course its about money, that all this organisation been geared up on past 20yrs.

So let me get this right. You are saying that some people are stealing from the GAA and they have put steps in to counteract this and yet, that is the wrong thing to do? They should just allow a certain amount of leakage with cash?

square_ball

If only there was some kind of invention where they didn't have to take cash at the gate but instead had a device that took payment from the person attending directly from bank account to bank account. . .

RedHand88

Quote from: square_ball on February 14, 2023, 10:19:07 AM
If only there was some kind of invention where they didn't have to take cash at the gate but instead had a device that took payment from the person attending directly from bank account to bank account. . .

Takes too long. Just buy the ticket before you go ffs. You do it for literally every other event, concert, day out etc

trailer

Less cash - reduces risk to volunteers
Pre Sold tickets - better event planning around stewarding and insurance, also reduces ticket touting.

I personally don't really see a problem.

Rossfan

Can't you still buy in Supervalu or Centra?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Boys were being 'robbed' left right and center back in the day after a big gate in the Championship..

Its a pain in the hole but if your da can't do it then do it for him

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on February 14, 2023, 10:42:24 AM

Pre Sold tickets - better event planning around stewarding and insurance, also reduces ticket touting.

What about  the tea shops behind the stand ?  Program sellers?  Half time draw sellers? Are they in  danger ? Maybe they should go cashless too 

Maybe  all supporters should be banned from  carrying cash in their pockets to games in case they're pickpocketed?  ::)

sensethetone

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 15, 2023, 02:29:40 AM

What about  the tea shops behind the stand ?  Program sellers?  Half time draw sellers? Are they in  danger ? Maybe they should go cashless too 

Maybe  all supporters should be banned from  carrying cash in their pockets to games in case they're pickpocketed?  ::)

That's the GAA professional and amateur - when it suits.

trailer

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 15, 2023, 02:29:40 AM

Last time I was in Croker you could buy the programme with a card and the Tea shops took card (some maybe card only)
I think for incidental purchases cash will always remain, but when it comes to entrance to games I think it is a good step. People wouldn't go to the Theatre or a Concert and expect to pay at the door, nor even an All Ireland Final. Croke Park has been pre purchased all ticket for as long as I can remember.
This is a natural extension and while we always have moaners in the GAA (more than any other sport) they can stay in the past wihile we all move forward.

bennydorano

No one expects to waltz into Croke Park on AIF day and pay cash or any all ticket game, it's the non descript County (& increasingly county championships) games - why can there not be a cash turnstile at the McKenna cup games? If we can implement the current structures I'm sure we could quite easily & safely manage a cash turnstile- the GAA simply doesn't want to. Why are the GAA at the forefront of promoting a cashless society? Covid played it's part in getting us here but as society is moving into the denying Covid ever happened phase most of it will be unpicked.

Bit of a tangent but I stood at the Armagh v Mayo match and everything there suggested to me we're on the road to semi-pro or full professionalism, everything is in place on & off the field EXCEPT the players getting their fair share, it's the final piece of the jigsaw. GAA wants to be 100% professional and maintain Amateurism, at some point there'll be a reckoning (another GPA one).

Blowitupref

Upcoming Opening round games.

Adult prices

Connacht

New York v Leitrim  30 dollars
London v Sligo  25/30 euro
Mayo v Roscommon  €30/25

Ulster

£15.00/20 for Antrim v  Armagh

Munster

Clare v Cork and  Tipperary v Waterford   €15.00 general admission

Leinster

Longford v Offaly,Wicklow v Carlow and Laois v Wexford €20/15.00

Connacht overcharging has been going on for a few years. Should be a set price on these provincial games and €15.00 is more than enough for Quarter finals or preliminary round games.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Weave to pay to keep Prenty's balloon inflated >:(

armaghniac

The season tickets are the same price, as they not? So the Connacht crowd get better value as the first game us included,and a league final thrown in as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

No free League Final tickets for Ros or Leitrim season ticket holders, only for those who reach a Final.
Used to be free for all.