Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Anyone any idea if I can buy a car in NI and just drive away at it in GB?
Does anyone understand the outworkings of what they have announced this morning?

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on March 13, 2019, 08:32:21 AM
Does anyone understand the outworkings of what they have announced this morning?

What was announced this morning trailer?

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on March 13, 2019, 08:50:04 AM

No deal brexit = no tariffs on imports in NI from ROI. But tariffs are applied into rest of GB. For example cars are subject to just over 10%.

magpie seanie

I thought Labour were supporting a second referendum?

screenexile

Shouldn't really matter a whole lot for cars sure the South are importing from the North like mad!!!

seafoid

The Tories have fallen apart
There should be a General Election
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on March 13, 2019, 08:59:21 AM

No deal brexit = no tariffs on imports in NI from ROI. But tariffs are applied into rest of GB. For example cars are subject to just over 10%.

Smugglers charter that.

No tariffs from the 26 into the 6, a little bit of doctoring of paperwork and hey presto straight onto the boat at Larne with a PONI (Do they still exist I wonder) sticker on it, no tariffs then into GB..

They really haven't thought that one out, have they?

yellowcard

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 13, 2019, 12:31:38 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 12, 2019, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 12, 2019, 10:53:22 PM
Here's what I don't understand. How come the leavers are so well organized in Parliament? They even have a name, ERG, and something of a structure and a brand going. How come the remainers can't get their sh1t together the same way? The independent group, the Lib Dems, the SNP, the others, and the remainer Tories should surely be able to get together and form a coherent group with a bit of strategy behind it. It's not like there's any point in waiting for Corbyn to show any leadership in that direction.

You cannot be serious!

I'm deadly serious.

"The ERG acts as a party within a party. It has its own chief whip (Mark Francois) as well as its own leader (Mr Rees-Mogg) and deputy (Steve Baker). It meets regularly to decide its line and sends delegations to Downing Street to lay down the law to the prime minister. ERG members increasingly identify themselves as ERGers rather than mere Conservatives when they appear on television."

https://www.economist.com/britain/2019/02/28/the-group-that-broke-british-politics

All leavers aren't ERG members, so what you really mean the group of ideological hard line Brexiteers. As for having a 'brand' I poresume you are referring to the rule Brittania mindset that they exhibit as I can't think of any other unique characteristics which they have.

Taylor

Just another part of the clusterfuck then

charlieTully

Wait till you are old enough to drive.

yellowcard

Quote from: Taylor on March 13, 2019, 09:32:21 AM

Ireland would become a smugglers haven, they really haven't thought this out at all. EU knows that a no deal won't happen and they haven't blinked, surely not even the imbeciles in Westminster would face the wrath of a raging public and allow a no deal. There would be civil unrest everywhere.

sensethetone

Quote from: yellowcard on March 13, 2019, 09:44:57 AM

Ireland would become a smugglers haven, they really haven't thought this out at all. EU knows that a no deal won't happen and they haven't blinked, surely not even the imbeciles in Westminster would face the wrath of a raging public and allow a no deal. There would be civil unrest everywhere.

If the EU were to allow tariff free trade from north to south, surely these goods would have to be of EU standard?

If the EU was to change the standard then the north have to ensure their goods to the south would be to the new EU standard also? Almost like not leaving then.

yellowcard

Quote from: sensethetone on March 13, 2019, 10:09:09 AM

If the EU were to allow tariff free trade from north to south, surely these goods would have to be of EU standard?

If the EU was to change the standard then the north have to ensure their goods to the south would be to the new EU standard also? Almost like not leaving then.

The EU will not be changing any standard requirements it would defeat the integrity of the single market.

This no deal scenario is a red herring anyway hence why there has been little planning for it by the UK government. Boris Johnson just openly indicated what their entire negotiating strategy was by saying that they intend to take it down to the 11th hour in the hope that the EU will change tack. Genius.

yellowcard

As for the DUP, the business, agri and SME sector must be up in arms over their role in this whole process.

In the space of just over 12 months, the north has gone from having a position of effectively being offered a best of both worlds economic scenario to potentially being a holding shop for illegal trade into the UK.   

Farrandeelin

Quote from: yellowcard on March 13, 2019, 10:16:50 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on March 13, 2019, 10:09:09 AM

The EU will not be changing any standard requirements it would defeat the integrity of the single market.

This no deal scenario is a red herring anyway hence why there has been little planning for it by the UK government. Boris Johnson just openly indicated what their entire negotiating strategy was by saying that they intend to take it down to the 11th hour in the hope that the EU will change tack. Genius.

Exactly, no third chance. Extension not going to be given for any old reason either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.