Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2017, 11:35:15 PM
All the wrong buys.

Arsenal need a Kante or Wanyama or a couple of defenders.

A good striker didn't prevent 10 goals against Munich.

Kos going of didn't help in both games. 2 1 Arsenal when he on field  9 0 Munich when he of.

ONeill

Well lads, ready for another year of brilliance?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

This is the only the time of the year that I wish I was a Liverpool fan, their unbridled confidence that this will be their year, such innocence. Alas we all know how the Arsenal season will end before it even starts, don't we?
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

No group of fans display the confidence of Liverpool. Mind you all seem to be in their 40s.

Centre mid still a massive issue for me. Ramsey and Granit doesn't work.

Anyone know much on this Jean Michel Seri?

mrdeeds

Xhaka and Ramsey was showing signs of working but won't be able to play every game. Carzola is such a huge loss.

Seri looks really good but it's dependent on Arsenal getting rid of a lot of dead wood and clearing wage bill. Jack has decided he wants to stay because nobody will pay his wages.

Lemar will probably be done before end of transfer window.

Take Seri and Lemar will help but still reckon we're short a top class central defender with Kos achilles a problem. Kolasnic looks good and so physical.

Overall early season optimistic feeling to be replaced by post January collapse. And repeat.

Syferus

Sanchez kissing the badge yesterday, Barry Solan must have got Andy on the phone for a chat.

Cunny Funt

WTF was the that penalty shootout format? and WTF was Courtois taking a penalty for?

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 06, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
WTF was the that penalty shootout format? and WTF was Courtois taking a penalty for?

It's been well flagged up that they're changing the shoot format.. Traditional format favours the team going 1st something like 60/40. As for the goalie taking a peno what odds sure it's a pre season friendly. If memory serves me right Seaman took one in same fixture in 1994ish, a game I was at. He missed too I think

Tony Baloney

galwayman

How did Monreal play tonight?
Always seems like a liability to my eyes anyway.
Defence a huge weakness in this team.

mrdeeds

Quote from: galwayman on August 11, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
How did Monreal play tonight?
Always seems like a liability to my eyes anyway.
Defence a huge weakness in this team.

Monreal was ok. Holding was awful. Bellerin terrible at RWB but good at LB. Kolasnic is class.

Windmill abu

When Koscielny and Mustafi are both fit, hopefully the defence will tighten up. Arsenal created plenty of chances tonight. If Sanchez stays there may be plenty of goals to look forward to.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

mrdeeds