Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 17, 2015, 10:16:57 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 16, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
What a minefield Ulster is. Beat Donegal and you're still in the quarters amongst the buckfast-soaked atmosphere in Armagh. Escape there and it's the inbreds from the Sperrins or the SDLP electorate. Get over that and you're mixing it with the knuckle draggers from Oriel. Better off getting out early and sampling Carrick on Shannon.

An absolutely fcukin despicable post. What did the Down men do to deserve that jibe? Way, way below the belt.

Tesco
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Whelans comments are ridiculous, he seems to have forgotten his own playing career. Players have trained all year for this one match and they will do whatever it takes to try and give them an edge but it's easy to sit on a settee and collect a hefty cheque for slagging off players in a hypocritical manner like that. Maybe Im on my own but I actually enjoy those duels as Murphy/McMahon and Cavanagh/McGee had today, nothing wrong with a bit of sledging, in cricket it is considered an art.

INDIANA

Quote from: Meadbh on May 17, 2015, 10:31:45 PM
Had to post on here after Ciaran Whelan (aka the roughest tr**p of the 00's) started going on about Tyrone 'sledging' and point out McMahon in particular on Sunday Game... Was Whelan actually in Ballybofey today on the sidelines, ears pricked up to hear what exactly was being said on the pitch? Because if he's going to sit on national TV and say that, he'd need to have evidence.

No 'true gael' engages in sledging? What a crock.

Its hard to imagine Ciaran writing down the phone number of his opponents girlfriend and reciting it back to him for the whole game. In Dublin we leave that to Tyrone

Whishtup

'True Gaels' eat only vegetables that have died naturally, walk around in cloaks emblazoned with the book of Kells and cry when people break wind.
They lock themselves in a crypt when any parochial derby in the country takes place for fear of exposure to negative energy that may be diffused through the lofty airs of our sacred island.
That's who true Gaels are.

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 10:39:35 PM
Whelans comments are ridiculous, he seems to have forgotten his own playing career. Players have trained all year for this one match and they will do whatever it takes to try and give them an edge but it's easy to sit on a settee and collect a hefty cheque for slagging off players in a hypocritical manner like that. Maybe Im on my own by I actually enjoy those duels as Murphy/McMahon and Cavanagh/McGee had today, nothing wrong with a bit of sledging, in cricket it is considered an art.

Sledging is the talk of a coward. There is a serious character flaw in any individual that has to engage in it plus an inferiority complex to the guy they are marking

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on May 17, 2015, 10:39:48 PM
Had to post on here after Ciaran Whelan (aka the roughest tr**p of the 00's) started going on about Tyrone 'sledging' and point out McMahon in particular on Sunday Game... Was Whelan actually in Ballybofey today on the sidelines, ears pricked up to hear what exactly was being said on the pitch? Because if he's going to sit on national TV and say that, he'd need to have evidence.

Its hard to imagine Ciaran writing down the phone number of his opponents girlfriend and reciting it back to him for the whole game. In Dublin we leave that to Tyrone

I can't believe players actually get worked up by that whole "i know your girlfriends number" bullshit. 
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Quote from: INDIANA on May 17, 2015, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 10:39:35 PM
Whelans comments are ridiculous, he seems to have forgotten his own playing career. Players have trained all year for this one match and they will do whatever it takes to try and give them an edge but it's easy to sit on a settee and collect a hefty cheque for slagging off players in a hypocritical manner like that. Maybe Im on my own by I actually enjoy those duels as Murphy/McMahon and Cavanagh/McGee had today, nothing wrong with a bit of sledging, in cricket it is considered an art.

Sledging is the talk of a coward. There is a serious character flaw in any individual that has to engage in it plus an inferiority complex to the guy they are marking

Get over yourself or give Joe Duffy a call tomorrow.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

twohands!!!

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 17, 2015, 10:42:17 PM

I can't believe players actually get worked up by that whole "i know your girlfriends number" bullshit.

For the most part I'd agree but saw this yesterday by Niall McNamee on the effect of an opposition player mentioning his gambling problem

QuoteThis really hurt me. I don't think I've ever said this to anyone before. Nobody knew about my gambling at the time as far as I was concerned. I was in a bad way but I was keeping it secret I thought. We had a penalty about 10 minutes into the game and as I was lining it up, one of their lads walked past me and said, 'What price are you for first goal?' That really hurt me. I carried that for months afterwards. For years, actually. My mind was going mad. How the f**k did he know? Who's talking about me? What's going on?

http://balls.ie/gaa/292993-niall-mcnamee-gambling/

cockahoop

Whelan was no angel but he never got up to that shite Tyrone were at today,murphy and McGee were obviously picked out for the verbals and late tackles....and saint Mickey (who not long ago made a appearance in our church hall talking about faith and living a moral life)say he can't control what his players get up to on the pitch and then you have a gypsy like Devlin trying to act the hard man and according to a close friend threatened to kick the shite out of a 10 year old in a u/12 match!!!scumbags the lot if them

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 17, 2015, 10:42:17 PM

Says a lot about the mentality of the individual, the manner in which they are coached and the general sell you own mother to win a football match attitude that exists in Ulster.
Its a pity considering the talent up there but unfortunately the Civil War mentality has never left the football pitch.

LeoMc

Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2015, 08:57:02 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 17, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Put up that Flag, what county do you support are you anyway?

Mayo. Otherwise known as Larryin.
Bet you are glad he is trolling us instead of you, I do think he is a fellow county man of yours though.

twohands!!!

Mentioned my doubts about Donegal's squad depth before the game

The substitutions today didn't exactly do much to disprove this.

M McHugh for O'Reilly (39)
A Thompson for Toye (66)
D Walsh for McElhinney (70)
D McLaughlin for McFadden (70)

- Donegal's 2nd sub is working in another country while the 18th and 19th players came on in injury time.

Tyrone subs for the record

P McNulty for McShane (41)
T McCann for Tierney (55)
M Bradley for McCurry (63)
R O'Neill for McAlliskey (66)

regal

Really disappointing that Justin McMahon has lowered himself to the standard of Tyrone's other cheating scum bags (on the pitch anyway) such as Jordan, gormley, Dooher and the cavanaghs.

Tyrone really have nothing up front although mcaliskey kicked a few nice points

Put Up That Flag

Brilliant from Ciaran Whelan, he can see right through the dark arts of Tyrone,  hopefully the whole country picks up on this theme and they are shown up as the most dirtiest and cynical team to ever play the sport, well said Ciaran, well said.