2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 02, 2020, 11:34:33 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on January 01, 2020, 01:31:52 AM
You'd think after the year we had in 2019,lads would be begging Brenman to get on the panel and drive the thing on,

It seems the same level of apathy and indifference is prevalent amongst many when the opposite should be the case.

We needed everyone on board this year to be competitive,no wonder Brennan is frustrated

It wouldn't go on in any other Liam McCarthy county.

Cue the excuses

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/it-is-disappointing-to-the-point-of-frustration-eddie-brennan-on-stay-away-laois-hurlers-38823864.html
couldn't agree more, and this is the reason why Laois will never compete at a consistent  level at the top table.

I'd imagine Eddie wont stick another year of this. I feel for the lads still involved but the mentality in this county will never change.

If Lads won't commit and we a top 6 Hurling team in 2019,

it kinda says it all about us

It wouldn't go on in any other county

I can see Brennan finishing with us this year,no doubt he is flabbergasted at the attitude

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on January 02, 2020, 03:14:50 PM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 02, 2020, 11:34:33 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on January 01, 2020, 01:31:52 AM
You'd think after the year we had in 2019,lads would be begging Brenman to get on the panel and drive the thing on,

It seems the same level of apathy and indifference is prevalent amongst many when the opposite should be the case.

We needed everyone on board this year to be competitive,no wonder Brennan is frustrated

It wouldn't go on in any other Liam McCarthy county.

Cue the excuses

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/it-is-disappointing-to-the-point-of-frustration-eddie-brennan-on-stay-away-laois-hurlers-38823864.html
couldn't agree more, and this is the reason why Laois will never compete at a consistent  level at the top table.

I'd imagine Eddie wont stick another year of this. I feel for the lads still involved but the mentality in this county will never change.

If Lads won't commit and we a top 6 Hurling team in 2019,

it kinda says it all about us

It wouldn't go on in any other county

I can see Brennan finishing with us this year,no doubt he is flabbergasted at the attitude

I know Cha is gone but who else isn't committing? We have always had lots of big fish for the small pond afraid to have a go at the river.

burdizzo

Picky is out, as far as I know, as is Lee Cleere (for health reasons). That article in the Indo intimated that Ciaran McEvoy was the only one who didn't go in last year, that's joined the panel for this year - but James Ryan, surely, would have been invited in last year? Anyway, obviously there's a savage commitment under Eddie, and he's looking for grafters, much as Cody wants in Kilkenny. Lads not willing to give that would ultimately be surplus to requirements, so perhaps there's no point them going in in the first place?