Do Gooder does no good

Started by An Fear Rua, May 31, 2007, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

[url]http://community.livejournal.com/techsupport/1368038.html[/url

Give me a gun, and a bottle of Tequila...
I check my work email from home before I make my morning commute, so I can see what sort of maelstrom I'm about to walk into...

If you can guess by the subject of the post, this one is a doozy.

From: $user who for whatever reason came in on Monday when no one else was in the building.
To: IT Dept.
Re: A/C constantly running.

Hi Guys,

I came in today (Monday) to finish up a project I was working on before our big meeting with a potential client tomorrow, and I noticed that there were three or four large air conditioners running the entire time I was here. Since it's a three day weekend, no one is around, why do we need to have the A/C running 24/7? With all the power that all those big computers in that room use, I doubt it is really eco-friendly to run those big units at the same time. And all computers have cooling fans anyway, so why put the A/C for the building in that room? I got a keycard from $facilitiesmanager's desk and shut off the A/C units. I'm sure you guys can deal with it being warm for an hour or two when you come in tomorrow morning. In the future, let's try to be a little more conscientious of our energy usage. Thanks.

RESULT:

Fatalities: Exchange Server, Domain Controllers, a few Sun boxes that I'm not sure of the usage.
Near-Fatalities: Phone Switch, Apps Servers.

Temperature of server room 7AM Tuesday Morning: 90 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Status of Employee who sent the above e-mail: Terminated.
Its Grim up North

Candyman

magickingdom

thats a classic, what a twat. no good deed goes unpunished ;D

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

ziggysego

Seen that coming a mile off. Useless fool!
Testing Accessibility

Fionntamhnach

I wonder if there's something wrong with the temperature measured on the Tuesday morning. 90F (32C) is high but most electronic equipment should still function at that temperature, albeit under quite a bit of strain and taking a considerable amount of time off its lifespan. It wouldn't surprise me if it was closer to 90C.  :o

stew

I have a mate over here who works in TV advertising, his boss was a tremendous asset to the company and was an award winning Manager with the local Fox news station, anyway in late December of 06 he was called into the office and given a check for $10,000 by the Station Manager for a job well done, the guy ranted and raved about this leader and how he was a great asset to the company blah blah blah and everything was great until the station Manager finally addressed some of the issues with this guys boss who reported directly to him.

What transpired was that they asked the sales staff of their opinion of these supervisors and the guy who got the check got rave reviews and his boss got crappy reviews because she was seen as a useless hag with no leadership skills etc, people were happy that they got to voice their opinion and thought that change was on the way and they were right, the station manager fired the guy he gave the check to and kept the aul doll who stunk the place up and told the sales staff that they were "stupid" and their opnions were in error.

Good luck getting these workers to ever voie their opinions again, oh one last thing, the station manager and the incompetent manager both go to the same Church and she chided the fired guy on the fact he was getting divorced, the lawsuit is pending.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.