Anyone here been to Monte Carlo?

Started by cicfada, October 21, 2011, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Herself has a business meeting  in Monte Carlo for a few days next month and we are toying with the idea of me going along! Is there anything to see or do there other than spend lots of money, I would say it's wild expensive!! Anyway I thought maybe someone here would have experience of the place..Thanks!!!

sammymaguire

its a nice spot and yes, it is an expensive spot, certainly worth seeing (changing of the guard is 15 minutes well spent) although the place itself is grand for 2 days and probably no more as there isnt a massive amount to do. if you rent a car, then loads to see and do in the surrounding areas.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

cicfada

Thanks Sammy! Still researching the feasability of it at the moment!

5 Sams

Mate of mine went there on a day trip and paid €17 yo yos for a glass of beer and a GnT :o :o...you'll not be going on the rip there anyway Cic..
The Aristocrat Years

sammymaguire

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 21, 2011, 09:48:29 AM
Mate of mine went there on a day trip and paid €17 yo yos for a glass of beer and a GnT :o :o...you'll not be going on the rip there anyway Cic..

€15 for a bottle of Bud in Stars N Bars... a beer for you and your 3 pals, €60. Ouch.   Myself, the wife and inlaws went to the Cafe de Paris in St Tropez a couple of years ago too, 2 pints, a glass of shandy and a 7up, €32!! Father in law said he'd pay when we walked in and was gonna get a quick brandy to throw down his neck, he nearly had a stroke when the girl handed him the bill on a nice silver tray  :D  :D he didnt bother with the €11 brandy
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!