Watch out on the road tonight. Wide Load on the way to Croker

Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Uladh on July 13, 2007, 10:16:05 AM

You don't know much about McHugh if you think he doesn't know dublin club football
Well I know he knows fook all about Dublin GAA. If he does follow it, then that highlights his lack of ability as an analyst.

Jinxy

Quote from: dodo on July 13, 2007, 10:56:01 AM
Didn't see programme last night but just a comment on McHugh. He was on Setanta at end of league and was going on about Meath being 'useless' and that they would not do anything this year. I thought that his comments were way overboard, insulting and showed a lack of respect to a proud footballing county. That Meath have been subsequently involved in one of the games of the year with the Dubs and are still in there shows up the poison little fekereen for his lazy analysis.

Well I think it's well established at this stage that he has no love for Meath. I didn't hear what he said about David Henry, but I'm guessing he got his names mixed up because Henry is Dublins best defender at the moment. Maybe he meant Casey.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: Jinxy on July 13, 2007, 11:14:22 AM
Quote from: dodo on July 13, 2007, 10:56:01 AM
Didn't see programme last night but just a comment on McHugh. He was on Setanta at end of league and was going on about Meath being 'useless' and that they would not do anything this year. I thought that his comments were way overboard, insulting and showed a lack of respect to a proud footballing county. That Meath have been subsequently involved in one of the games of the year with the Dubs and are still in there shows up the poison little fekereen for his lazy analysis.

Well I think it's well established at this stage that he has no love for Meath. I didn't hear what he said about David Henry, but I'm guessing he got his names mixed up because Henry is Dublins best defender at the moment. Maybe he meant Casey.
He said Henry and Casey!

So you could argue he got 50% right, which isnt bad for a muppet like him.

Jinxy

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not a bad show at all, and much better to have than not have.

Would agree that the microscope on the club minions and minutiae is a tad tedious, though that's not to say Bernard Brogan's piece wasn't interesting, but that merely emphasises the point in that he's of county fame who just happens to be of that club. Short pieces on the counties themselves would be preferable. Good piece on Reggie Mc Nulty.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dinny Breen

Actually last night McHugh managed to disparage Kildare, Louth, Laois, Dublin and Meath. He was also patronising towards Westmeath, on hind sight he definitely doesn't like Leinster football but at least he calls it. Although after this weekend there might only be 2 Ulster teams left, would love to hear his comments on that next week...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 13, 2007, 11:25:32 AM
Actually last night McHugh managed to disparage Kildare, Louth, Laois, Dublin and Meath. He was also patronising towards Westmeath, on hind sight he definitely doesn't like Leinster football but at least he calls it. Although after this weekend there might only be 2 Ulster teams left, would love to hear his comments on that next week...

What did he say about us!! The little b*llix.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat did he say about us!! The little b*llix.

Dismissed the challenge you put up to the Dubs and said the Dubs stuggled to put away a division 2 side.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quotewhat the f**k was he on about wrt Deccie Browne

I thought that was disgraceful too.  

He might know a bit about Ulster football, but other than what he sees on the telly, he seems to know very little about the other provinces.  He'd fit in well on the board so.   ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Isn't it better than listening to platitudes from Tony Davis, cliches and waffle from McStay and drivel from Bernard Flynn? He has opinions. I might disagree with 50% of them, but they're his opinions and he states them. I thought his analysis of Tyrone-Monaghan and possible tactics was very interesting. Could you imagine Tommy Lyons doing it? His stuff about Declan Browne transferring to another county was shite, though.

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 13, 2007, 11:38:44 AM
QuoteWhat did he say about us!! The little b*llix.

Dismissed the challenge you put up to the Dubs and said the Dubs stuggled to put away a division 2 side.

He's firmly back on my list so.

Billys Boots

Isn't it strange how no-one from Ulster disagrees when one of their own 'disses' football outside Ulster, and then when Silly Splat mentions 'puke football' all hell breaks loose?  Maybe strange is the wrong word.   ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on July 13, 2007, 11:46:10 AM
Isn't it better than listening to platitudes from Tony Davis, cliches and waffle from McStay and drivel from Bernard Flynn? He has opinions. I might disagree with 50% of them, but they're his opinions and he states them. I thought his analysis of Tyrone-Monaghan and possible tactics was very interesting. Could you imagine Tommy Lyons doing it? His stuff about Declan Browne transferring to another county was shite, though.

Would agree there, not afraid to speak it as he sees it, whether right or wrong. He doesn't do bland.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 13, 2007, 12:19:46 PM
Isn't it strange how no-one from Ulster disagrees when one of their own 'disses' football outside Ulster, and then when Silly Splat mentions 'puke football' all hell breaks loose?  Maybe strange is the wrong word.   ::)

Just what has Leinster done recently that renders his remarks so unfair and contentious? 'Puke' is simply disparaging, and is an attempt to besmirch a team's success, serious analysis it ain't!

Billys Boots

QuoteJust what has Leinster done recently

They provided a semi-finalist in last year's AI series; Ulster didn't.  Apart from (arguably) Tyrone, Uslter football is on the wane - how anyone can present it otherwise is a mystery to me.