bleep bleep

Started by irunthev, November 24, 2006, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Isn't there 12 beeps in each level?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

SlimShady

f**k knows, i thought it was 10. My heads usually spinning after that anyway  :P

the first 6 or 8 levels are a messin session.

believebelive

As far as i know there are a few variations of the test - did around 130 in last year of  school once - did level 13 two years ago.  Dont know which was better, all i know is i could not walk for about ten minutes and could not speak for about 20 mins after each of them. Its a killer cos no matter how fit you are it should effect everyone the same.

ildanach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/in_the_gym/workouts/newsid_2100000/2100312.stm

thats a link to setting up the bleep test. the problem with alot of people dong the bleep test is that the gym is not 20m long where they are doing it and so  they are not getting a true reflection of their fitness.
I saw somewhere though that a 15m version of the test is available
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

umgolaarmagh

Done a bleep test on a saturday morning after the college formal the night before,

The majority of us hadnt been home and turned up in tuxs. The two managers werent best pleased since we had a mcrory quarterfinal the following saturday. Probably the worse experience ever of doing the bleep test

The Claw

My god a 15m version of it would be torture. At least with the 20m you can get going a bit to make up for the time it takes to turn but with 15m you would be stopping, accelerating, stopping accelerating :'(

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on November 24, 2006, 03:55:00 PM

Just downloaded a beep test mp3 and can confirm that there are 12 shuttles per level. So multiply by 12 people. Youre actually fitter than you thought
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

irunthev

Quote from: theskull1 on November 24, 2006, 04:43:01 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 24, 2006, 03:55:00 PM

Just downloaded a beep test mp3 and can confirm that there are 12 shuttles per level. So multiply by 12 people. Youre actually fitter than you thought

No harm to you but I hope you aren't planning on listening to it on the ipod all the way through.