Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2018, 02:15:18 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 16, 2018, 12:52:24 PM
Do any of Mayo posters think Rochford got his tactics wrong in the 2nd half with everyone retreating back to their own half given the wind?
Oddly both played the same tactics with the wind but maybe the sending off forced Mayo into a more conservative approach and losing their best and most mobile midfielder didn't help matters either. Saying all that the sides were locked on 0-11 each with 74 mins played and the obvious game changer was the goal.

When you actually think about it, why did Galway up a man, concede the Mayo kick out for most of the second half.
The proverbial kick of the ball between the teams again.

Our forwards have no confidence, Loftus who kept us in it against the wind in the first half, had the ball on the 45 close to middle and on his good side twice in the second half aided by a strong wind, choose to pass rather than shoot.
Hanley tearing down the middle twice inside the 30 I would venture to guess, inexplicably passes rather than shoots.
Vaughan for all his flaws at least would have shot.
I genuinely believe we totally messed up our substitutions.
Now I would just say F it, play the younger players in first or second round of qualifiers, assuming you don't draw Tyrone/Monaghan.
You will at least see where we are and there is no way some of the more senior players can play seven games in two months.
lastly, let Higgins play in forwards or just let him loose.
Billie Joe Padden had a good assessment of game on Mayo News.

Maroon Manc

Does the blood sub loophole really need tightening up?

Why should Galway as in Sunday's example be punished by using one of their subs through no fault of their own? In most cases a blood sub will only last a few minutes but in the rare instance it doesn't there's a high % chance its because the player is leaving the field due to something their opponent did.

macdanger2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 16, 2018, 06:12:33 PM
Does the blood sub loophole really need tightening up?

Why should Galway as in Sunday's example be punished by using one of their subs through no fault of their own? In most cases a blood sub will only last a few minutes but in the rare instance it doesn't there's a high % chance its because the player is leaving the field due to something their opponent did.

Would Conroy's bleeding not have stopped after 5-10 minutes? The reason he couldn't come back on was because of concussion

Cunny Funt

Quote from: joemamas on May 16, 2018, 04:05:58 PM
Do any of Mayo posters think Rochford got his tactics wrong in the 2nd half with everyone retreating back to their own half given the wind?
Oddly both played the same tactics with the wind but maybe the sending off forced Mayo into a more conservative approach and losing their best and most mobile midfielder didn't help matters either. Saying all that the sides were locked on 0-11 each with 74 mins played and the obvious game changer was the goal.

When you actually think about it, why did Galway up a man, concede the Mayo kick out for most of the second half.

Our forwards have no confidence, Loftus who kept us in it against the wind in the first half, had the ball on the 45 close to middle and on his good side twice in the second half aided by a strong wind, choose to pass rather than shoot.
Hanley tearing down the middle twice inside the 30 I would venture to guess, inexplicably passes rather than shoots.
Now I would just say F it, play the younger players in first or second round of qualifiers, assuming you don't draw Tyrone/Monaghan.
You will at least see where we are and there is no way some of the more senior players can play seven games in two months.
Certainly did. I'd question why Durcan and Hanley were on the bench at all? while the likes of Cafferky,Moran,Regan weren't brought on and Adam Gallagher,Shane Nally,Caolan Crowe,Fergal Boland who all played in the league this year weren't named on the bench.

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 16, 2018, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: joemamas on May 16, 2018, 04:05:58 PM

Certainly did. I'd question why Durcan and Hanley were on the bench at all? while the likes of Cafferky,Moran,Regan weren't brought on and Adam Gallagher,Shane Nally,Caolan Crowe,Fergal Boland who all played in the league this year weren't named on the bench.

The reality is that we haven't a whole pile on the bench out from backs. The subs made were odd nonetheless

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: TheGreatest on May 16, 2018, 03:10:55 PM
Conroy - 7 stitches and severe concussion - True?

10 year ban if true.

I don't think a 10 year ban is suitable. Crucifixion, really, is the only suitable treatment for so perfidious a footballer. Ballintubber is a hilly part of the world too - should be handy enough if you bucks are willing to source the lumber.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 16, 2018, 09:26:28 PM

10 year ban if true.

I don't think a 10 year ban is suitable. Crucifixion, really, is the only suitable treatment for so perfidious a footballer. Ballintubber is a hilly part of the world too - should be handy enough if you bucks are willing to source the lumber.

He should be made do the Tóchar Phádraig 40 days in a row beforehand.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

10 year ban if true.

Diarmuid learned his trade from the Greatest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDb9nvzY9sY

Rossfan

50 pages.
Time to close the thread on what was just a Preliminary game anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Not for me. 14 players was bigger than wind for me. I was hoping to get to xtra time and bring it back to 15 v 15. Almost got there too.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on May 16, 2018, 11:05:35 PM

Not for me. 14 players was bigger than wind for me. I was hoping to get to xtra time and bring it back to 15 v 15. Almost got there too.
The last 5 minutes are the hardest to hold everything together . Football time isn't linear
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

True. I don't think it was a free out either in the run up that led to the Galway goal. Thought Cillian was entitled to go for the ball.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 17, 2018, 08:37:59 AM

True. I don't think it was a free out either in the run up that led to the Galway goal. Thought Cillian was entitled to go for the ball.

Thought you only went back to 15 if the player sent off got a 2nd yellow card?

There's no question about it been a free, COC has run straight into him.

seafoid

Someone mentioned up thread about indiscipline bringing Mayo down. The difference between success and a curse is made up of very small margins.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU